What's new

Cyrax Match Videos

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I didn't see a thread for this, so I thought I'd make one.

I've been trying to learn how to play Cyrax, and I recorded a couple matches out of the many I played (and lost) online.

Feel free to post any Cyrax match videos you have or find here!

EDIT: UsedForGlue made a very nice video about creating a mixup with Cyrax that applies to the game as a whole. It belongs here.

Christy

God Amongst Mere Mortals
Unfortuneately i don't have a way to record any matches :( but nice comeback in the first match with the command grab safe jump loop! Cyrax is my main if you want some cyrax matches online add me :D

I dont use robot cyrax after the bomb trap is gone i use human cyrax he is way better and also your spam to much with the net with charackters that can teleport otherwise nice cyrax

NariTuba

disMember
nice koqrr!

sick anti breaker setup in video 2 3:00. If it would have been mid bomb he breaks the uppercut and gets back in the match. The uppercut itself could be replaced so you would get the full damage if he doesnt break. 2,2 would prolly keep him close enough to the bomb to get launched and continue the combo. I´ve also seen Tony-T do 2,1xx Exff4, bb4, f2xx df1 to air throw the opp into the close bomb. Sick stuff, but hard timing. Awesome set up considering what you said b4 about the need with cyrax to be conscious of both meters all the time.

we need to get some Maxter vids here!

EDIT: f2xx df1 NOT f1xx df1

Raven3r

Noob
I dont use robot cyrax after the bomb trap is gone i use human cyrax he is way better and also your spam to much with the net with charackters that can teleport otherwise nice cyrax
Robot Cyrax is still much better than human, he has faster bombs and nets.

TheChad_87

Bad Reputation
I hope this doesn't piss you off. I'm in NO way trying to be condescending - Just some things I noted while watching:

0:32 - Why the EN Net instead of Bomb Combo? Was this an incorrect button issue?
0:39 - Net is unsafe on block. More-so than just finishing the string. Use hit confirmation to your advantage. (Cyrax' 1, 1, 1 is hit-confirmable, it's just tight)
0:48 - He jumps over you. *This* is when you go for the Anti-Air. Make them respect it and you won't have to deal with anyone even trying to cross you up.
0:54 - If you Net someone and have no meter. I STRONGLY recommend going for the fail trap. Ermac is one of the characters who can teleport out of it, but even still, the timing is tricky. (m.Bomb, 2, 2, njP, dash, B+2, dash, 1, 2, Net, dash, 3, 3, Anti-Air) It does around 40%, so it's usually worth the risk. Just make sure you're doing it within the last few frames of the net so they will be caught in the "shakje it off" animation when you start wailing on them with 2, 2. The version you did here worked this time, but it is MUCH riskier.
1:24 - Perfect Fail Trap opportunity.
1:56 - Anti-Air can be used on wake-up
2:16 - All you need right here is chip to win. EN Saw Blade will get that for ya. You were good on health, so it was probably better to save the meter. I just wanted to point this out.
2:32 - Unless they are too far away for an Anti-Air, you should go for it on a jumping opponent. Ideally, you want to Net them on the ground anyway, and if they are inside 1/2 screen, the Net will miss anyway.
2:37 - When he starts projectile spamming, you can teleport and IMMEDIATELY do a D+4, you can then follow that up with a dash in and a 1, 1, 1 or 1, 1, Net. This will work most of the time because of the hitstun from the D+4 and Cyrax' 1, 1, 1, is Super quick, 9 frames, I think.
3:03 - Uppercutting them onto the bomb does the same damage and it MUCH harder to drop. If you were going for the c.Bomb drop afterward, the uppercut version (2, 1, Sticky Bomb, m.Bomb, Uppercut, B+2, Uppercut 45+%) is easier to pull off and just as powerful.

Just some notes I jotted down from watching the 1st vid. I know you're trying to learn him, so I thought watching it back and looking at these things may help.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
0:32 - Why the EN Net instead of Bomb Combo? Was this an incorrect button issue?
0:39 - Net is unsafe on block. More-so than just finishing the string. Use hit confirmation to your advantage. (Cyrax' 1, 1, 1 is hit-confirmable, it's just tight)
0:48 - He jumps over you. *This* is when you go for the Anti-Air. Make them respect it and you won't have to deal with anyone even trying to cross you up.
0:54 - If you Net someone and have no meter. I STRONGLY recommend going for the fail trap. Ermac is one of the characters who can teleport out of it, but even still, the timing is tricky. (m.Bomb, 2, 2, njP, dash, B+2, dash, 1, 2, Net, dash, 3, 3, Anti-Air) It does around 40%, so it's usually worth the risk. Just make sure you're doing it within the last few frames of the net so they will be caught in the "shakje it off" animation when you start wailing on them with 2, 2. The version you did here worked this time, but it is MUCH riskier.
1:24 - Perfect Fail Trap opportunity.
1:56 - Anti-Air can be used on wake-up
2:16 - All you need right here is chip to win. EN Saw Blade will get that for ya. You were good on health, so it was probably better to save the meter. I just wanted to point this out.
2:32 - Unless they are too far away for an Anti-Air, you should go for it on a jumping opponent. Ideally, you want to Net them on the ground anyway, and if they are inside 1/2 screen, the Net will miss anyway.
2:37 - When he starts projectile spamming, you can teleport and IMMEDIATELY do a D+4, you can then follow that up with a dash in and a 1, 1, 1 or 1, 1, Net. This will work most of the time because of the hitstun from the D+4 and Cyrax' 1, 1, 1, is Super quick, 9 frames, I think.
3:03 - Uppercutting them onto the bomb does the same damage and it MUCH harder to drop. If you were going for the c.Bomb drop afterward, the uppercut version (2, 1, Sticky Bomb, m.Bomb, Uppercut, B+2, Uppercut 45+%) is easier to pull off and just as powerful.

Just some notes I jotted down from watching the 1st vid. I know you're trying to learn him, so I thought watching it back and looking at these things may help.
0:32 - I really started this match off lost and accidentally did things like EX net that were a result of blocking and negative edge. When you press a button like 3 and are still holding it while tapping back, then you hit block... you get EX net lol

0:39 - Hard to hit confirm online, and like I said above, I made a lot of mistakes in this match.

0:48 - When fighting against Ermac, you have to block a hell of a lot to not get hit by a random force move. So when he jumps over, it is hard to react and online compounds this.

The rest, a lot of stuff I didn't know about and do now. Didn't know about the fail trap until yesterday.

I like to practice full combos that I don't have to dumb down for online play just to win. If I try them and fail and lose because of it, that's fine with me. I get that much more experience in a real match trying them.

Watching UsedForGlue's vid really helped me too.

Thanks for the rundown! ^_^

TheChad_87

Bad Reputation
Sure thing and hope it helped some! I often forget about lag compounding things -_-. Damn you NRS/GameSpy/EdBoon/Whoever the Hell I can blame for it.

Glad you picked him up. As far as Negative Edge goes, try using F, F instead of B, B for your EN Bombs. Otherwise, you're doing quite well. I know I pointed out a lot of things from the video, but overall, you did quite well. Keep it up. We need more Cyraxes (Cyraces???)! ^_^

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Sure thing and hope it helped some! I often forget about lag compounding things -_-. Damn you NRS/GameSpy/EdBoon/Whoever the Hell I can blame for it.

Glad you picked him up. As far as Negative Edge goes, try using F, F instead of B, B for your EN Bombs. Otherwise, you're doing quite well. I know I pointed out a lot of things from the video, but overall, you did quite well. Keep it up. We need more Cyraxes (Cyraces???)! ^_^
Wierd thing about the window for EX moves. If you press and hold down the button for the move, then do the motion for the move and hit block, you will get the EX version. The window is so HUGE that you can wait for a whole second before you do the move after initially holding down the button. So if you use random buttons/directions to do a recovery when you land from a combo and inadvertently do the motion for a move your character has then hit block while still holding down the button for the move in question to not get hit by something your opponent does, you will accidentally get an EX move. Sounds not likely, but it happens all the time.

Negative edge be damned!!

Beck__

Old English Fighter
I've just picked up cyrax due to the bomb resets, they are crazy fun.

I'm trying to incorporate a 50/50 after the 1bar reset to basically win the round if they choose wrong.

When you do the 2nd net after the reset, rather then finish with 3,3,ragdoll etc, I can wait for the net to end and they drop from sky. Then either do command grab, safe jump shenanigans, or do a 3,net to get another combo. Although a breaker could save them.

Another idea is for the 2nd net to be ex, so it drains them a bar, then they drop into your 50/50.

What do you think?

One last thing, cyrax makes people so mad! I've never had so many ragequits before I picked him up.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I've just picked up cyrax due to the bomb resets, they are crazy fun.

I'm trying to incorporate a 50/50 after the 1bar reset to basically win the round if they choose wrong.

When you do the 2nd net after the reset, rather then finish with 3,3,ragdoll etc, I can wait for the net to end and they drop from sky. Then either do command grab, safe jump shenanigans, or do a 3,net to get another combo. Although a breaker could save them.

Another idea is for the 2nd net to be ex, so it drains them a bar, then they drop into your 50/50.

What do you think?

One last thing, cyrax makes people so mad! I've never had so many ragequits before I picked him up.
Second net being EX wouldn't drain anything I don't think. It doesn't take the bar immediately, it takes it gradually over time.

Try picking up Noob and see all the ragequits lol