What's new

Character stats extracted from early games?

1F409

Noob
I'm interested in the stats of the characters (movement speed, punch strength, etc.) from the early games, generally MK through Trilogy. Has that sort of information been extracted and posted somewhere? (Alternatively, if there's a later-game source that offers a level of detail not found in the early games, that might work as well, provided that it stays true to the feel of the originals.) Thanks.

1F409

Noob
Is the topic something that's not supposed to be discussed? I remember calling the company, probably a couple of decades ago, and asking about such behind-the-scenes stats. I think the secretary mistakenly thought I was someone in the business, and actually patched me straight through to Boon or whom ever was the top dog at the time. My query did not go over well, and he made it quite clear that it was considered "proprietary information". Even so, with myriad fans having hacked and dissected the games in the years since, I figure the data I'm looking for is probably commonplace -- more of a lesson in coding history than anything one would get in trouble over posting, no?

ded

Elder God
You can check some frame data for UMK3/MKT from the links below: