What's new

Can we ditch Star Labs Missons and get Combo trials back?

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
Does it infuriate anyone else that a vast majority of these missions are half assed, boring, corny and teach you absolutely NOTHING about the character at hand? Sure having some extra content is always good but why not use missions that incorporate combos or teach you certain strategies about the character.

Same thing goes for MK10. I don't want a 300 mission Challenge Tower with only about 25 of them teaching us anything worth a damn about the characters gameplay while some of them being patched out like Reptiles invisibility going through projectiles :(

All the 3D games had the combo trials as do most fighting games but yet we get this worse version of the challenge tower.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
FrothyOmen said it best. This is not a mode for tournament players but more-so to keep the fan boys happy who want to control Catwoman's cat doing 6 foot vertical jumps over 2 foot high lasers to avoid security guards that all have a responsibility of a 3 foot radius.

With that said, a combo trial would be cool.

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
I'm a comic book fan and a completest so just like the challenger tower in Mk9 I will complete it but considering this is afterall a fighting game, learning how to fight with your character should be essential....

I mean crap it was in Mk vs DC

I sort of assumed that star labs was going to be a more traditional character specific combo challenge like AE, SFxT, Marvel, etc have. I fired it up and was like, "oh, that's what this is? Stupid." and stopped after about 5 minutes.

I definitely would have preferred a challenge / trial mode like the other mentioned games.

Ca$hFlagg

Online » Offline
I was hooked on S.T.A.R. Labs the second I saw the cat's back jump animation. Godlike.

That being said, S.T.A.R. Labs is ass that tests my patience at a level i don't experience often.

I love the, "Don't get touched by one of the game's top rushdowns (CW) as Superman..Oh, you want 3 stars? I'm gonna need 2 grabs then" mission.

And by love I mean hate more than anything in recent memory..got my fuckin stars though

ProudDisciple

Average at Best
NO. With a background in FPS's and Anime fighters I've been spoiled a bit with theater modes and combo trials. Honestly these two things are the only things missing from Injustice, so I really can't complain about NRS's efforts.

ProudDisciple

Average at Best
How does NRS expect us to get better at Injustice. Word of mouth and pigeons?
Keep in mind that combos as important as they may seem, aren't the determing factor in deciding who the winner will always be. It's awesome to have combo trials to give us a foundation and understanding of what the characters are capable of but the training mode provided to us is a great tool. Trial and error is how I learn, so lots of lab time for combo practice and for learning my spacing is a must for me!

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
In all fairness... At least we have the sense of discovery. We have to learn how to do the combos without the game prompting us. Even though this will probably turn into MK9 where everyone uses the same strings to make a combo. As a reptile player I know I only used one combo ;)