What's new

Can someone give me an opinion on this gaming PC build?

mrapchem

Noob
That PC will play virtually any game in existence at 4K60 at least for the next 3 years and will play any game at 1440p120 for the next 5-7 years.

It's a damn good recommendation PC - whoever told you to get that is the real MVP.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
The GPU is a bit overkill but I mean you’ll be set to play games on a 4K monitor. I’m not well versed in INTEL, I always build with AMD cause it costs less and performs almost exactly the same, so I can’t really tell if your CPU will be enough for the GPU.

Personally I’d get an older GPU and get a water cooler instead of just a fan cooler. And like someone already said, bigger power supply if you want to keep the 4080.

Make sure you check if everything is compatible, some sites let you build it on there and will tell you if parts won’t work together.

Immortal

Blind justice....
This is totally fine. Depending on your needs/wants.

The PSU is more than fine to handle 13700K + RTX 4080 the later tops out around 420W and there is no way in hell you gonna get 400W of that CPU unles you want to do some crazy LN2 overclocking not to mention there isn't any game that hammers a 24 Threads CPU 100% and GPU at the same time. In realistic scenarios this PSU would be even fine for RTX 4090.

RTX 4080 performance wise is great, it's pretty poor value(perf/price) compared to 4090 but than again 4080 is enough for almost anything 4K/60 unless you go crazy with RTX effects in some games(without DLSS/FG).

Your CPU cooler is also fine, its a top of the line Noctua which at worst is couple degress of the best AIO coolers which not everybody likes. Fractal Torrent is also one of the better cases on the market right now.

In general like i said, everything is good on your list.

Last edited: