What's new

General/Other - Kotal Kahn Blood Offering: What could be changed?

alexbib

Noob
I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but obsidian totem does reduce the blood offering self-damage to 6.6%, so it's a good idea to use it if you get that totem up and since it lasts until you hit you can try to get a crystal totem later to maximize it's payoff. Of course you can't manage it in a match all that often I imagine, but it's good to keep it mind.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but obsidian totem does reduce the blood offering self-damage to 6.6%, so it's a good idea to use it if you get that totem up and since it lasts until you hit you can try to get a crystal totem later to maximize it's payoff. Of course you can't manage it in a match all that often I imagine, but it's good to keep it mind.
This is the main fashion by which I utilize Blood Offering. I try to activate Blood Offering with every knockdown that I get with an Obsidian totem on the screen.

Guys, he can control his life bar like no one else. Use blood offering and throw some sun on yourself. You now have a damage buff with very little consequence. You can park right in your own sun beam and gain life back, if you do an ex sun beam you'll pretty much get it all back.

As kotal you have great mid to close screen presence due to your f1 footsie tool, getting a blood offering out does not require a setup, throwing it out after a f12 on hit and see how many people punish it.
Yup, totally agree. If you're going to make blood offering viable, you have include sun/god ray as well. The chip damage from the safe combo strings I think is enough to justify its usage. Just have to be more patient with KK compared to other characters who constantly tries to "get in there" to get their damage output.

I can't seem to get blood offerring to work reliably when used as a string cancel; i have to do the input super fast - faster than should be possible! even then it is 50/50 for it to work. anyone else have this trouble?

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
I can't seem to get blood offerring to work reliably when used as a string cancel; i have to do the input super fast - faster than should be possible! even then it is 50/50 for it to work. anyone else have this trouble?
Hmmm. What strings are you trying to cancel from? B14 and B122 seem to work quite reliably.

edit: Just fyi, I tend to use blood offering most often on a hard knockdown.

LeeVanDam

Sun God Advocate
This thread has been so informative! I've been neglecting Blood Offering, but I definitely need to jump on board. Even if I can use it just to bait a wake up for parry, that'd be worth it. I'm going to lab this weekend and see what I can come up with.

Personally I only use war God! I wracked up like 90 wins with blood god before I was like man! His options on kombos are limited. If you throw out f1b2 and they bock it's pretty punishable. B13 air grab on hit will get you dwn13or4 pressure. You could also sun disk I guess! F1 is good! Safe.
Idk the macuahuitl just adds more 50/50 options. And potential for nasty kahnbos! Lol

LeeVanDam

Sun God Advocate
I couldn't wait until the weekend to lab, so I worked this morning and came up with a set up off two BnBs we already use: f+2 or 1,1,4. Hope you like it!

BlackViper415

TYM's Head Herpetologist
I like to end combos with blood offering from time to time, especially with people who are wake up happy. They'll quickly learn that it's not a good idea to be throwing out random wake ups when you do that much more damage. It can be good for conditioning and giving yourself more oki options.

kaseyk

Noob
just happened to see this , it currently buffs opponents heals at least liu kangs yin in dualist variation his dmg buff totem also buffs liu kangs heal and when both are up it's actually a really good heal lol .

i did post this in the bugs thread awhile back and i know it is not intentional thus it should be changed even though the chances of this effecting a match are unlikely for a few reasons , it still should not benefit the opponent more then the free 10% they already get .
i can't remember if it effected other character buffs but might be worth you kotal guys looking into if you weren't already aware of this .