What's new

B2 B1 combo ender

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
What about b2,1 instead? Can they tech that? Or b2,1,f2? I'd test it but I don't have time to turn on my game right now.

zaf

professor
b2,1 in the corner alone? This they can tech but are still in the corner.

Mid screen b2,1 can be tech'd, and the d3 pressure is lost.

what do you mean about using b21f1 ? use this and catch them with d3?
if this is what you mean, ill start trying. ive only tried to use d3 after b21 so far

Killphil

There's more of these things to find with each character. The ability to take away wakeup attacks is huge. Stryker has something similar only his is when they actually hit the ground after EX baton he can dash forward and d3 them before they get up. I'm wondering what other ones we'll find. Good shit zaf.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!

if this is what you mean, ill start trying. ive only tried to use d3 after b21 so far

Imo if you connect B21F2 its better to go for the combo dmg. But still lets try and search this more. 2 good finds in one day. This is our lucky day.

Killphil

Can you try b2,1,f2 instead? The one where he pops the person up in the air after doing it. Its not b2,1,f1, I didn't typo the combo. I imagine the hitstun after getting lifted/combo'ed will make them fall a little faster than usual. See if it works in the corner though.

zaf

professor
Ill be in the lab all night trying out some things

edit:

doesnt seem like the b21f1 will allow you to connect the d3.
seems like you have less time using the entire sting to hit the d3, then just b21 alone.

ill try finding other strings that d3 might work with, but this doesnt seem to be working. especially since i am landing b21 d3 every time

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
The answer is simple. You can bait wake up attack and punish them accordingly. The purpose of this thread was that Ermac has another way of pressuring his opponent except the F4 combo reset.
Ermacs big problem against certain characters like Reptile for example, is after every combo, he would push Reptile to full screen, a spot that he controls the fight from. Anything that keeps the opponent in force push distance, I am for.

zaf

professor
i agree used, but some match ups it might be more useful to keep them in a reset and pressuring them
match ups like noob, or kenshi for example.

i never use resets on reptile. i always go for tkp combo enders and keep them out.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Ermacs big problem against certain characters like Reptile for example, is after every combo, he would push Reptile to full screen, a spot that he controls the fight from. Anything that keeps the opponent in force push distance, I am for.

True but there some times that you might want to bait your opponent and make him pay for his mistake. Thats the use of B2B1 ender. Even if he techrolls he is still in TKP range plus i can make that max range by backdashing. So all in all i have nothing to lose. BUT if he decides to WU and i anticipate that he is screwed big time.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
I like the B2, B1 combo end. Im sure it has some strategic uses but I also like the fact you can attach an xray at the end and it gives you 52%
(2,2, xray gives 53%)

zaf

professor
Ok, so what I am seeing with the b2b1 ender on its own is that not everyone will tech it and not everyone knows about it. Even when this becomes something everyone is more aware of, they still need to tech.
I really no longer see a problem with using this combo ender. Yes on paper you can tech out, but not everyone is going to get the tech every time. They still need to react to this. Even if they do, they are back into TKP range.

Started using this again more, and a few times here and there is surprisingly really useful.