What's new

Anyone know about all the new DC shows coming? Constantine and Hourman included (articles ahoy!)

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
OH GOD YES WHAT

THIS IS AWESOME

IT BETTER BE TRILL BRITISH CONSTANTINE AND NOT FILTHY KEANU REEVES CONSTANTINE.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
OH GOD YES WHAT

THIS IS AWESOME

IT BETTER BE TRILL BRITISH CONSTANTINE AND NOT FILTHY KEANU REEVES CONSTANTINE.
Judging by our avatars, we have similar tastes in comics. Personally, I think Hellblazer works better as a TV show than movie. If the movie stayed true, it would have been like 2 hours of Constantine hanging out in bars and another 10-15 of action :p

My biggest concern though is that this will be a New52 Constantine and I'm not ok with that (just got through the second JLD trade back, still pissed about the Nick Nero teacher thing). I'm trusting DC will do the right thing this time around

DarkPage

Noob
"Memories of the unpopular 2005 film Constantine with Keanu Reeves may be hard to overcome but if this is done correctly,"

Whatever man I fucking liked that movie.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
"Memories of the unpopular 2005 film Constantine with Keanu Reeves may be hard to overcome but if this is done correctly,"

I liked that I can spot all the references to the Dangerous Habits storyline, which is my favorite Hellblazer story. And I think the bug monster was from issue 1, but I have seen that movie in 4eva

\nerdtalk

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Judging by our avatars, we have similar tastes in comics. Personally, I think Hellblazer works better as a TV show than movie. If the movie stayed true, it would have been like 2 hours of Constantine hanging out in bars and another 10-15 of action :p

My biggest concern though is that this will be a New52 Constantine and I'm not ok with that (just got through the second JLD trade back, still pissed about the Nick Nero teacher thing). I'm trusting DC will do the right thing this time around

Hellblazer is my favorite comic series outside the main DCU stuff like Batman. I agree that it works well as a TV show, I'm just worried about it having a good team to make it legit and not like a sexy teen goth drama.

New 52 Constantine has some issues but as long as they keep it true to the character I think it could be good.

Didn't Guillermo del Toro sign on to a JLD movie though? It might be weird having both of them, unless it's like JLD after Constantine left. But it's not as good without him.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young

Having Keanu Reeves as Constantine was the biggest problem for me lol. It sounds weird but the British thing is a big part of his personality.

DarkPage

Noob
Having Keanu Reeves as Constantine was the biggest problem for me lol. It sounds weird but the British thing is a big part of his personality.
Yeah but since the Matrix Keanu has always been my dude, and that movie was actually my introduction to Constantine so i didnt know any different lol

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
Hellblazer is my favorite comic series outside the main DCU stuff like Batman. I agree that it works well as a TV show, I'm just worried about it having a good team to make it legit and not like a sexy teen goth drama.

New 52 Constantine has some issues but as long as they keep it true to the character I think it could be good.

Didn't Guillermo del Toro sign on to a JLD movie though? It might be weird having both of them, unless it's like JLD after Constantine left. But it's not as good without him.
Yeah, he's doing a Justice League Dark film, I think it's set for 2016. It might tie in ya know? I think they were leaning that way with this new Flash show and the Justice League movie (might just be based on speculation, don't quote me on that). If it's not on the CW, I think we are safe my friend inb4announcedtocomeonaftertjevampirediaries. And he ends up leaving the JLD? I've been reading Fables lately, stopped with the newer stuff....

And I'm wondering why the fuck they picked Hourman. Does he even exist in the current continuity? I get the others (Animal Man supposed to be selling really well) but he seems random as all hell. A noir Sandman show I'd figure would come first

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Yeah, he's doing a Justice League Dark film, I think it's set for 2016. It might tie in ya know? I think they were leaning that way with this new Flash show and the Justice League movie (might just be based on speculation, don't quote me on that). If it's not on the CW, I think we are safe my friend inb4announcedtocomeonaftertjevampirediaries. And he ends up leaving the JLD? I've been reading Fables lately, stopped with the newer stuff....

And I'm wondering why the fuck they picked Hourman. Does he even exist in the current continuity? I get the others (Animal Man supposed to be selling really well) but he seems random as all hell. A noir Sandman show I'd figure would come first

Lol the CW is my biggest worry. Lets be serious here though it will probably be on it. I stopped reading JLD after like #16 or something but I think he left as a main role when they put the main Constantine comic in new 52.

Hourman really is kind of random. I guess it could work? But I don't know how they make hype for it lol. Animal Man would be awesome though, but it's weird to think about how they would translate the trippiness of it to live action.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Lol the CW is my biggest worry. Lets be serious here though it will probably be on it. I stopped reading JLD after like #16 or something but I think he left as a main role when they put the main Constantine comic in new 52.

Hourman really is kind of random. I guess it could work? But I don't know how they make hype for it lol. Animal Man would be awesome though, but it's weird to think about how they would translate the trippiness of it to live action.
If they make it Supernatural-esque with a mix of horror and comedy I think it could work well since that is what I see the comics as.

The CW has made some pretty shitty shows though so hopefully it gets made by someone else lol.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian

Are they still owned by WB? I can see the series just being Constantine super sad after Kit left him. 20 episodes of him crying in gutters, the last one being when the king of vampires dies to keep the male audience going. I don't know what else appeals to teen girls :( (except making him buff, shirtless and British). But that has kept me out of prison :D

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
If they make it Supernatural-esque with a mix of horror and comedy I think it could work well since that is what I see the comics as.

The CW has made some pretty shitty shows though so hopefully it gets made by someone else lol.
IDW has apparently started Supernatural comics which I kind of want to check out. On that note, my concern is it being a cheap Supernatural ripoff instead of it's own thing

rev0lver

Come On Die Young

That's why I think they might make it on another network though, since the mythological themes are so similar.

Are they still owned by WB? I can see the series just being Constantine super sad after Kit left him. 20 episodes of him crying in gutters, the last one being when the king of vampires dies to keep the male audience going. I don't know what else appeals to teen girls :( (except making him buff, shirtless and British). But that has kept me out of prison :D

I think they are since Arrow is on CW. And lol I was thinking more like 30 minutes per episode of him making snarky jokes at Zatanna and then they fuck then a demon comes in and starts all this drama and that's half the season.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
That's why I think they might make it on another network though, since the mythological themes are so similar.

I think they are since Arrow is on CW. And lol I was thinking more like 30 minutes per episode of him making snarky jokes at Zatanna and then they fuck then a demon comes in and starts all this drama and that's half the season.
Well, let's see who plays Zatanna before we get upset by your plot...

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Didn't post in the OP because I figured anyone who watches this stuff knew about the Flash show
This was big news everywhere else in the comic world but I know this is more of a fighting game forum first most so lol but thought it was cool. Don't know how many Flash fans are on here per se.