What's new

air throw tactics

Ok, so I've decided to switch characters. So far I've been Reptile and Kabal, so I've never really learned to use air throws.
Now I'm doing combo Smoke and I've seen people be very effective with it, and I have no skills.
I guess I'm just looking for ways to utilize air throws to my advantage. I've been trying to try and air throw them after jump kicks, and I've noticed that if they're crossing me up then the air throw works pretty well. Are there any other general situations where I can use them?
Thanks

Derek

Noob
First, witch Smoke are you talking about, Robo or Human? With H. Smoke I try to get them in every time I get a jump kick in. On top of that it's a great way to finish off any combo for added damage.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
When you are using Run Jab's, they will try to cross you up (especially in the corner) and you should be watching for this. Just jump up and throw, run in and go to jab again and a lot of times, while playing a n00b, is they will try to cross you up...AGAIN...so your jab will be cancelled as you should be doing LP~Run or LP~Block on Kabal, then you just air throw them...again.

It's not something that you want to "force" an opportunity, constantly trying get one, that will certainly hinder your game. Only go for it when the opportunity presents itself.

me go to signature move is the invisibility and I'm starting to figure out safe ways to use the spear. Otherwise I just use general tactics, run jab, wait for moves to counter, catch them jumping. I don't use the teleport kick at all, but I'm going to try and stick it in at least against full screen projectiles.