What's new

Tech - Covert Ops Air grab anti-wake up

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano

As you can see the jump over air grab will make the timing of the wake up really weird (the AI is fixed, I'm doing the wake-up) and really hard to control. I used KK since he has a db1 and df1 special so you can see how this can mess up wake ups in corner. Also the grab has like 0 whiff recovery so this might be something to implement?

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler

As you can see the jump over air grab will make the timing of the wake up really weird (the AI is fixed, I'm doing the wake-up) and really hard to control. I used KK since he has a db1 and df1 special so you can see how this can mess up wake ups in corner. Also the grab has like 0 whiff recovery so this might be something to implement?
Have you tested this against a bunch of characters and their advancing wakeups? Is it consistent with affecting wakeup directions?

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Have you tested this against a bunch of characters and their advancing wakeups? Is it consistent with affecting wakeup directions?
it is not constant in the sense that you can judge whether they can wakeup or not but the input window gets messed up so it's nearly impossible to judge which direction you'll wake up. Say you're up against Cybernetic Kano. He might want to armor up ball the fuck out of the corner. But he will have to pretty much guess if he'll get that or EX knives into the corner and eat a full combo.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
it is not constant in the sense that you can judge whether they can wakeup or not but the input window gets messed up so it's nearly impossible to judge which direction you'll wake up. Say you're up against Cybernetic Kano. He might want to armor up ball the fuck out of the corner. But he will have to pretty much guess if he'll get that or EX knives into the corner and eat a full combo.
Not necessarily true, Cybernetic Kanos are more likely to wake up with EX normal Kano Ball since it gives a full combo. But if you're jumping over them and it's obvious enough then we'll just dash out lol. It's probably better on other characters with a better wakeup game though. What about Raiden? How does this affect Shocker/Vicinity Blast?

Last edited:

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Not necessarily true, Cybernetic Kanos are more likely to wake up with EX normal Kano Ball since it gives a full combo. But if you're jumping over them and it's obvious enough then we'll just dash out lol. It's probably better on other characters with a better wakeup game though. What about Raiden? How does this affect Shcoker/Vicinity Blast?
It was just an example of a character with inputs that are reversible in that sense. I didn't know any other characters by heart since I play kotal, Kano and sonya. Against most you simply won't have anything come out but I'll test further.