What's new

Advice on block string safety please

Hey all, been havin probs wid gettin the ice breath to confirm after blocked forward 2 3. By the time I notice the string block, once I input the breath input, it doesnt come out, im assuming im cancelling to late. How do you recognise when the string is blocked early enough so you can make sure you end with breath for a safe string?

The other prob I get is if I end the forward 2 3 with the trait, and the string is blocked, I end up being punished, but if I wait to make sure the string hits, the trait comes on to late and I drop the next part of the string?

I think my general problem is..... how do you learn how to recognise things early enough to male sure you end with the right string, coz if I slow my inputs down, half time tbey wont come out. This is the only thing lettin my supes down coz im getting punished so much coz it...... not knowing how to hit confirm so I can end wid safe specials etc

Depending on which character your fighting you can f23 back dash and it safe unless your opponent can reach you.

As for learning how to hitconfirm you should take it to practice mode, I like to use arcade battle on hardest so they will actually block or not.

SWonder916

When's DragonBall?
I think my general problem is..... how do you learn how to recognise things early enough to male sure you end with the right string, coz if I slow my inputs down, half time tbey wont come out. This is the only thing lettin my supes down coz im getting punished so much coz it...... not knowing how to hit confirm so I can end wid safe specials etc
What i've found that helps me out most is to just do the F2,3 all in one motion and input the breath or trait before the 3 fully hits. So do the full F2,3 and watch quickly to see if it hits and time the trait or breath accordingly. The window seems to close like a split second after the 3 hits,hope that helps

Still struggling with this !!!! I literally going for forward 2, 3 and automatically going for the freeze breath, and hoping i recognise the hit soon enough to then not finish the breath input and follow in with the combo. The only problem is im automatically doing the freeze breath now even on hit :S - and ive had to stop doing Trait cancels now because when the string hits, i cant confirm the trait quick enough - only way i can is if i do the trait quicker and just hope the string hits to begin with - but then when blocked im vunerable :(

Jayroc

Hat tier ftw
Still struggling with this !!!! I literally going for forward 2, 3 and automatically going for the freeze breath = correct.

Sounds like your doing the MB too early now as oppose to the other post when your doing it to late. Sounds like your learning. You prolly have more time than you think to hit MB. Go to training and test how long you have to MB until it wont come out. As far as the trait combos go. Try only doing those when you are countering and when you know you will hit. Then, when you put it all together you can confirm whether to use breath or trait depending on if F2 is blocked or hits. It just takes some time to get used to.