What's new

A quick question about Ragdoll

Sporko

Noob
This may just be entirely my perceptions, and maybe it's a bit of a newb question, but is there some property of this move that makes the throw harder to land the longer a combo is?

I can do raw ragdoll 100%, kick and throw. I can do ragdoll after 4, 5, 6 hit combos.

However, no matter how many times I try, i haven't ever been able to land the throw after the kick in any combo that is 8 hits or more. And I mean sitting in training mode doing the same combo for 45 minutes and still not landing the throw even once. And over hte course of the last month I've easily spent at least a few hours in training mode.

It just seems peculiar to me.

Sporko

Noob
That can't be it, I've seen far too may combo videos that do it without meter. just d/f 3, throw (1+3)

Edit: Well....this is peculiar, haha. I'm in training mode and all of a sudden I'm having absolutely no problem doing it. It's coming out so easy that it makes me wonder why I couldn't do it before.

All I do is hold down 1 + 3 right after the df3. Works every time. I have a harder time getting Kung Lao to do his 1 + 3 throw at the end of his 39% combo though. :(

TONY-T

Mad scientist
This may just be entirely my perceptions, and maybe it's a bit of a newb question, but is there some property of this move that makes the throw harder to land the longer a combo is?

I can do raw ragdoll 100%, kick and throw. I can do ragdoll after 4, 5, 6 hit combos.

However, no matter how many times I try, i haven't ever been able to land the throw after the kick in any combo that is 8 hits or more. And I mean sitting in training mode doing the same combo for 45 minutes and still not landing the throw even once. And over hte course of the last month I've easily spent at least a few hours in training mode.

It just seems peculiar to me.
Make sure that your not pushing the 3 button twice. If you push it twice, then the throw wont come out. It has to be precise..

Sporko

Noob
I don't *feel* as if I were mashing 3 more than once, however that does make the most sense considering how easily I was doing it earlier today in practice mode compared to the difficulty I was having prior. Thanks!

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
It seems harder the more hits you put before it because it IS harder. Each hit added makes each pop-up in a combo a little more difficult to combo after. So, for example, jump in 1/2,1,2,b,b+3, jump in 1/2,3,3,ragdoll~throw is much easier than jump in 1/2, 1,2, b,b+3, jump in 1/2,1,2,EX bomb, jump up 1/2, b+2, 1,2,ragdoll~throw. You'll find that your opponent is much further away once you end the 2nd combo than they are in the first example.

My solution to this inconsistency is to simply not do the ragdoll to end juggles. My bread and butter requires one bar of super, and although I'm not sure of the exact damage, I'm quite sure it does about the same as ending with ragdoll~throw. It goes as follows:

jump in 1/2,1,2,b,b+3, jump in 1/2,1,2,EX bomb, jump up 1/2, b+2, 1,2,1,qcf+2

It's much easier to land and is even consistently hittable with the shitty online lag within reason.

Ankaku

Noob
when you whiff the ragdoll, do you mean Cyrax just does nothing, or Cyrax goes for it but then stops. ecause I've tried following up and had it happen to me numerous times. The kick will hit, Cryax turns and begins to leap backward and then....just stops.