What's new

Tech 1~vb and d1~vb

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
So we all know this is his best meterless anti-air, so moving on from that... any time you are in a 0 situation such as after a blocked f4, vb, b2, b2f1, 22, f23, etc you can input a 1~vb as soon as you recover and catch someone if they are jumping very similar to how cage will input a standing 1 after a blocked f4. This is something you can kind of just throw out there and isn't too unsafe. They can down poke/armor/fast special in that neutral situation and knock you out of it, but you have to read it. Raiden is all about yomi/reads as has been previously stated multiple times.

NEEDS TESTING: I believe this also works in -1 situations as well, but needs to be thoroughly tested first.

This also can work with d1~vb. Also, if you notice they are consistently blocking your down pokes and trying to cross you up, or if they are a character that has slow normals and their best option after blocking a down poke is to cross up, then the d1 will be blocked and the vb will catch them in the air so you can dash in and grab them with a shocker and end the combo however you like, but it's roughly high 20's to 30-ish percent damage. Pretty awesome. It's also beneficial for you if they continue to stand block and your vb gets blocked.

There is a downside to all of this though, if they know you are trying to do this they can duck the vb and full combo punish on whiff. So you can't just throw it out there a bunch. There's really no reason to block low against raiden so it can work. Just keep in mind that if they really know what they're doing you may get punished.

Play around with it. If you do it at the right time it is extremely rewarding. They have to specifically know to punish whiffed vb. I've had some success with dashing in with a couple d1's for pressure then doing a d1~vb to read when they might try to jump over me.

Once again, this is just another of Raiden's many options in every situation, but can be a very useful tool.