What's new

Guide - Pretty Lady ZONING Guide, Discussion & MatchUps

gibster13

A fan of fans
I made this for the Pretty Lady guide by @SHAOLIN but this is more of the Zoning discussion and guide not an overview. Try and keep things to Zoning. This thread will be updated regularly

Overview
Perhaps the best zoner in the game. I actually zoned out Foxy grandpa and others to a major degree. He is the only character with zoning tools that cover every angle on screen, such as; straight,up,IAFB,IAFBD,low. All of his saws are plus only bock full screen and have an awkward block stun that makes it hard for opponents to run after.

Saws
BF2 -A decent straight projectile dealing 8%
-A high
-Insane for covering the main part of the screen but should be the main saw to use imo

DB3 -His low projectile that deals 8% as well
-Although it is a low I don't think this should be his go to saw either
-Its recovery is pretty (no pun intend) bad
-To be used to mix up your zoning strategy

DB2 - 8% as well that makes it near impossible for you opponent to jump their way in
-This is not your go to saw either but is extremely useful every now and then
-Never forget you have this move. Tanya cant move with this

Now time for the best saws

BF2 (airborne aka IAFB) -This moves makes me feel happy
-8% and has very little recovery
-This makes it IMPOSSIBLE for your opponent to jump at you or anywhere on screen.
-His 2nd most important saw imo

DB3 - (airborne aka IAFB)IMO the best saw in the game
-It covers so much space its insane
-Its plus on block full screen and grants another one, although the opponent can move after it, the will get hit or forced a block
-This must be your go to saw
-Best mixed up with bf2(grounded or airborne) or db3(grounded)

Instant air tutorial (IAFBs)
-The motion of bf2 or db3 must be inputted as soon as you leave the floor and no later. They are hard to do because if done even slightly wrong bf2(airborne) with whiff on a standing opponent.
-Practise makes perfect lads!!!

Match ups (orientated to zoning)
Alien- A right bitch to keep out but it is possible
Jason- Simple just
remember tele
Kung lao- Pretty simple to keep out focus more on IAFB(bf2) . Be
careful of teleports
Jax- Decent to keep out but refrain from do ground saws
because of bfd2
Sonya- All right to keep out but if
they're playing demo, watch out for grenades
Kenshi- Reflect makes it difficult, but it is possible
Kitana- Reflect makes it difficult, but it is possible
Scorpion- Hard af. Dman teleports
Sub- Focus on db3 to stop slides
Mileea- IAFB(db3) and db3 help
a lot but is quite difficult
Takeda- Hard to zone
because of tele or reflect
Cassie- Fairly straight forward
Jacqui- Fairly straight forward

Kung jin- Fairly straight forward but careful of chakram
Tanya- Focus on IAFB
Bo Rai Cho- Quite easy to keep out as a character
Predator- Focus on the top corner and throw db3(IAFB)
Shinnok- Quite simple but bf1(in bs) can be a pain. The imposter tele causes saws to be nearly useless
Kano- Difficult but possible
Johnny- Fairly simple focus on IAFB(db3)
Erron- Farily straight forward
Liu- Hard because of his counter zoning. Possible loss
Ermac- tele makes it hard
Kotal- Simple
Reptiel- Simple
F/T- Focus on IAFB
D'vorah- Simple
Raiden- hard because of superman
Quan- Dont challenge him
Goro- Simple
Tremor- Simple
Smoke- GIVE UP
Sektor- extremely hard
Cyrax- Simple just be careful of net
Cyber Sub Zero- Possible but focus on IAGF(bf2) and db3

@Hara-Killer @ABACABB @Jaku2011 @Kokoko @_CHINOCUDEIRO_ @STB Shujinkydink @ienjoywinning @EGP Wonder_Chef

@ABACABB Writes,

Low saw - I use it a lot with much success. When ur oponent is knocked down full screen throw low saw as hes getting up. Also its nice to use upclose...most players know pretty lady have no lows in strings so they always block high. Ending strings in low saw will make them respect this option and then you can end with db1 .
Jumping bf2- I almost never use it ,to make them not jump b2 and grounded up saw is enough. Dont forget he also have good d2

@DDutchguy writes,

Just tested Pretty Lady's projectiles against characters with a reflect (Kenshi, Ronin Takeda, Royal Storm Kitana, Jacqui Briggs). All projectiles besides EX straight saw, air EX straight saw and EX up saw (so the spinning saws) can be reflected and absorbed by the mentioned characters.

Chainsaw showcase

My Video showing all chainsaws as a projectile. It shows the best possible IAFB (bf2) which is quite difficult. Check out my channel for any other stuff and more Pretty Lady will go on their soon.
BF2 (IAFB airborne) - 00:04
DB3 (IAFB airborne)- 00:05
BF2- 00:06
DB3- 00:07
ExBF2- 00:09
ExDB3- 00:10
ExBF2 (IAFB airborne)- 00:12
ExDB3 (IAFB airborne)- 00:14

By Gibster13

Last edited:
I made this for the Pretty Lady guide by @SHAOLIN but this is more of the Zoning discussion and guide not an overview. Try and keep things to Zoning. This thread will be updated regularly

Overview
Perhaps the best zoner in the game. I actually zoned out Foxy grandpa and others to a major degree. He is the only character with zoning tools that cover every angle on screen, such as; straight,up,IAFB,IAFBD,low. All of his saws are plus only bock full screen and have an awkward block stun that makes it hard for opponents to run after.

Saws
BF2 -A decent straight projectile dealing 8%
-A high
-Insane for covering the main part of the screen but should be the main saw to use imo

DB3 -His low projectile that deals 8% as well
-Although it is a low I don't think this should be his go to saw either
-Its recovery is pretty (no pun intend) bad
-To be used to mix up your zoning strategy

DB2 - 8% as well that makes it near impossible for you opponent to jump their way in
-This is not your go to saw either but is extremely useful every now and then
-Never forget you have this move. Tanya cant move with this

Now time for the best saws

BF2 (airborne aka IAFB) -This moves makes me feel happy
-8% and has very little recovery
-This makes it IMPOSSIBLE for your opponent to jump at you or anywhere on screen.
-His 2nd most important saw imo

DB3 - (airborne aka IAFB)IMO the best saw in the game
-It covers so much space its insane
-Its plus on block full screen and grants another one, although the opponent can move after it, the will get hit or forced a block
-This must be your go to saw
-Best mixed up with bf2(grounded or airborne) or db3(grounded)

Instant air tutorial (IAFBs)
-The motion of bf2 or db3 must be inputted as soon as you leave the floor and no later. They are hard to do because if done even slightly wrong bf2(airborne) with whiff on a standing opponent.
-Practise makes perfect lads!!!

Match ups (orientated to zoning)
Alien- A right bitch to keep out but it is possible
Jason- Simple just
remember tele
Kung lao- Pretty simple to keep out focus more on IAFB(bf2) . Be
careful of teleports
Jax- Decent to keep out but refrain from do ground saws
because of bfd2
Sonya- All right to keep out but if
they're playing demo, watch out for grenades
Kenshi- Reflect makes it difficult, but it is possible
Kitana- Reflect makes it difficult, but it is possible
Scorpion- Hard af. Dman teleports
Sub- Focus on db3 to stop slides
Mileea- IAFB(db3) and db3 help
a lot but is quite difficult
Takeda- Hard to zone
because of tele or reflect
Cassie- Fairly straight forward
Jacqui- Fairly straight forward

Kung jin- Fairly straight forward but careful of chakram
Tanya- Focus on IAFB
Bo Rai Cho- Quite easy to keep out as a character
Predator- Focus on the top corner and throw db3(IAFB)
Shinnok- Quite simple but bf1(in bs) can be a pain
Kano- Difficult but possible
Johnny- Fairly simple focus on IAFB(db3)
Erron- Farily straight forward
Liu- Hard because of his counter zoning. Possible loss
Ermac- tele makes it hard
Kotal- Simple
Reptiel- Simple
F/T- Focus on IAFB
D'vorah- Simple
Raiden- hard because of superman
Quan- Dont challenge him
Goro- Simple
Tremor- Simple
Smoke- GIVE UP
Sektor- extremely hard
Cyrax- Simple just be careful of net
Cyber Sub Zero- Possible but focus on IAGF(bf2) and db3

@Hara-Killer @ABACABB @Jaku2011 @Kokoko @_CHINOCUDEIRO_ @STB Shujinkydink @ienjoywinning

By Gibster13
Really nice guide , Good stuff.

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
Cyrax simple ? I dont think so.... You work hard to zone him and one bad trade and ur 50% life is gone. Dont forget that he can tele too,place bombs ... Imo hard mu.

Low saw - I use it a lot with much success. When ur oponent is knocked down full screen throw low saw as hes getting up. Also its nice to use upclose...most players know pretty lady have no lows in strings so they always block high. Ending strings in low saw will make them respect this option and then you can end with db1 .
Jumping bf2- I almost never use it ,to make them not jump b2 and grounded up saw is enough. Dont forget he also have good d2 ,

gibster13

A fan of fans
Cyrax simple ? I dont think so.... You work hard to zone him and one bad trade and ur 50% life is gone. Dont forget that he can tele too,place bombs ... Imo hard mu.

Jumping bf2- I almost never use it ,to make them not jump b2 and grounded up saw is enough. Dont forget he also have good d2 ,
Based on my Cyrax experience its pretty simple. If timed to perfection I can air saw over a net and the opponent can't do anything lol. On the other hand I will add your opinion

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
At b2 range an ex bf2 followed by b2 works 99% of the time. Cyraxs tele is too slow to be too big of a factor IMO and his bombs hardly matter since you're in the air most of the time. In Smokes case I really don't think he can react with teleport unless you're just mashing out air saws. Maybe I haven't fought one that is amazing but what makes him different than any other teleporter IE: be conservative with saws and try to bait the unsafe teleport with empty jumps?

Last edited:

Hara-Killer

Reverse Salt
PRO Stuff here Bruh thanks for tag me .

J1 ,J2 (dunno about J3 & J4) can be sepecial cancel alone (dosent need to hit to be special cancel) Pretty Lady can stay in air for 2 ...2,4 seconds(this stuff works today and i beat an scrub Sektor was too much fun xD)

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
Just tested Pretty Lady's projectiles against characters with a reflect (Kenshi, Ronin Takeda, Royal Storm Kitana, Jacqui Briggs). All projectiles besides EX straight saw, air EX straight saw and EX up saw (so the spinning saws) can be reflected and absorbed by the mentioned characters.
@gibster13
More beneficial in this thread, then mine since this is a mostly about zoning.

Legion DC

"Another weakling..."
Yesterday, I was playing a set with a friend. He was using Sektor. He kept uppercutting between the f12 string and at the beginning of the f21d2. I didnt know what to do. I just found out I suck with LF. lol I was using Killer & Butcher. Should I give PL a shot and force him to teleport then punish?? At the beggining of this post it did say zoning Sektor is extremely hard. I need to play PL more anyway.

gibster13

A fan of fans
Yesterday, I was playing a set with a friend. He was using Sektor. He kept uppercutting between the f12 string and at the beginning of the f21d2. I didnt know what to do. I just found out I suck with LF. lol I was using Killer & Butcher. Should I give PL a shot and force him to teleport then punish?? At the beggining of this post it did say zoning Sektor is extremely hard. I need to play PL more anyway.
Focus on zoning. He has 0 mids so try and do b2(overhead) when at a good range. D3 all the time helps