What's new

Match-up Discussion ZOD MU CHART -Relaxedstate

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
You don't beat any top players you get beat by Top players or need I remind you of Insaynne who doesn't even play the game and Jupiter in those '5-5 match-ups'. Your killer frost play is exactly the same as any other standard pseudo online scrub Killer Frost and so is everyone elses and in some cases worse yet you all say she is a good character; the conversation is always about slide and how great a tool it is yet no one is punishing jumps or dashes with it and no one risks using daggers to deal with jumps so just sits there. You dash-in and mbf3 or b1 bounce cancel wasting 2 bars to open someone up out of desperation

DreadKnight1

Beaten, by this mere man
I play a really good Zod @DreadKnight1
However, we only play online meaning it's harder for him to do IAZB, so take it with a grain of salt.
EDIT - But hey, he's not known so he must be bad right?
To be fair I struggle when fighting nightwing as a whole. I can't do iazbs online and I can't block his 50/50s online for shit(in the meh connection we usually get) so the mu would be much better for zod offline. You are a great nw who knows what to do against zod. IMO the mu is 5.5-4.5 or 6-4 zod-NW in lag free conditions where zod can actually outzone nw and backdash his pressure. The reason it's not that much better for zod is that nw has some great tools to deal with zod like the ability to punish trait grab from anywhere with staff and also his staff spin to break zods wakeups easily.

DreadKnight1

Beaten, by this mere man
I actual agree with all of these if Zod is on a stage that has re-spawning interactables. I am making the changes currently. Stage very much matters for Zod
in your opinion what's his best stage? I think it's FoS from all the dirty setups he has there like being able to open trait when using the teleporter and continue a combo Or even just using it in his combos to significantly reduce trait recharge. Also it has a wall bounce region which is a great tool zod can abuse(combo off 12, open trait with lots of advantage and a hard knockdown or just get more damage) and other stages great for him like arkham, rooftop, insurgency,luthors lab etc don't have.

DreadKnight1

Beaten, by this mere man
KF has one of the highest execution requirements of any character in the game.

In any case I also main Zatanna.
That's debatable but fair enough, I don't know BGs more complex combos if she has them other than her bnb vortex, bnb corner combos and bnb midscreen damage one bars(41% or something).

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
That's debatable but fair enough, I don't know BGs more complex combos if she has them other than her bnb vortex, bnb corner combos and bnb midscreen damage one bars(41% or something).
Check out the combo thread in the BG forums for all her combos if you're interested.

Also, KF at the highest level requires ridiculous execution. 1-frame links yo.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
in your opinion what's his best stage? I think it's FoS from all the dirty setups he has there like being able to open trait when using the teleporter and continue a combo Or even just using it in his combos to significantly reduce trait recharge. Also it has a wall bounce region which is a great tool zod can abuse(combo off 12, open trait with lots of advantage and a hard knockdown or just get more damage) and other stages great for him like arkham, rooftop, insurgency,luthors lab etc don't have.
My personal favorites are stages with two interactables behind each character at the start (Themescaria, Luthors, Aysylum ect...). If you get first hit then you get to throw one at them, summon trait, throw the other one at them. And still have time for a mix up. Zod is very good at running away with a life lead against most the cast so I am always feeling pretty good in these situations. Other stages such as rooftop that have respawning interactables are always just generally good for Zod since he will get tons of free damage.

Basically against a good player, trait rush down comes with the risk of taking damage yourself, while staying safe with trait doesn't offer more than just adequate chip damage. The best feature of trait is that it lets you throw w/e you want at them

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Updated my Zod MU post-EVO as well.

I am finding that as players become better at defending/countering trait mixups (although very few can defend 4-f2-4-12(4)MB-Laser); I have to settle for chip damage/inter-actable damage. This is why I believe that stage (aka respawning drones) is integral to winning his harder MUs.

Breakin Wordzz

Best Rengar NA, also ares of world
Updated my Zod MU post-EVO as well.

I am finding that as players become better at defending/countering trait mixups (although very few can defend 4-f2-4-12(4)MB-Laser); I have to settle for chip damage/inter-actable damage. This is why I believe that stage (aka respawning drones) is integral to winning his harder MUs.
zod is a bad champ imo bottom 10