What's new

Zod 'Man of Steel' Skeletal Mesh Skin found in Zatanna's files

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Yesterday morning a Test Your Might user by the name of darkgodalex posted the discovery of a new and possibly upcoming General Zod skin from the movie, Man of Steel. Zod was the fourth DLC character to expand the Injustice: Gods Among Us roster. Right now, Zod has only one skin and that's his default skin. With this skin being found... that will give him two in a matter of time? This skin was found in Zatanna's Compatibility Pack update.

Patrick McCarron from TRMK has also been able to extract the file and reach inside to grab the image of what the skin will look like. Check out the image of the Man of Steel skin below.
MOS_Zod_Body.jpg
MOS_Zod_Texture_B.jpg
*texture image courtesy of DuBBer Kiir

Updated w/ in-game screen shots:
zodmosinj.jpgzodmosinj1.jpg
Credit to McCarron Rathalos via GameFaqs

The guess is that this skin will either be for sale or free come the balance patch that has been in the works for some time now. Regardless, it appears Zod players have a new skin to look forward to coming their way!

Source: darkgodalex's thread, TRMK

Attachments

JLG

Noob
A lot of people have been asking for it, so I hope it does get released. I'm sure NRS will make money off of it, if they decide to sell it, or they could build some good will by making it another free skin ;)

McCarron

Noob
I've been championing Zod from Man of Steel since I first saw his concept art early on. So I was excited to pull the model file apart to see if my wish was granted. Too bad I didn't see obviously Zod audio assets in the bundle as I'd love to hear Michael Shannon's voice along with the skin.

PS: The link to TRMK is blank STORMS.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Oh God does this exist for every character?
So far, just Zod.
Could be just another Man of Steel special skin like they did for Superman.
Could be the first of alts for DLC characters.
Could be a test to see how well DLC for DLC sells.

McCarron

Noob
Oh God does this exist for every character?

Yes every character has that texture file and many more. That is what ONE texture file looks like flat, depending on the texture in question then graphic and lighting effects are done to it and then it's then wrapped around the 3D model. Then all the various textures for the character are layered over the model to create what you see in the game.

That said there is no other unknown character files in the game at this point, there is one package per "skin" per character. The rest are well known at this point, which is why an "A" Zod skin stood out as none of the DLC characters have a skin with a letter after it.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
This is a great skin and all, and I'll buy it for sure (the default skin is a joke) but are we really at the point where the DLC has DLC? Come on. Hopefully this is a compatibility skin that comes free, although the Superman one wasn't. I didn't buy that one, because fuck Superman.

McCarron

Noob
This is a great skin and all, and I'll buy it for sure (the default skin is a joke) but are we really at the point where the DLC has DLC? Come on. Hopefully this is a compatibility skin that comes free, although the Superman one wasn't. I didn't buy that one, because fuck Superman.

One thing I wonder, maybe it'll be a mobile unlock from the new Zod challenge stuff in the iOS game.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
One thing I wonder, maybe it'll be a mobile unlock from the new Zod challenge stuff in the iOS game.
Well, I already completed that, so if you're right, then I'm all set. And as always, I'll try to help as many people as possible to get that skin as well.

Having said that, after completing the Zod challenge and unlocking him, I didn't get anything aside from the ability to play as him in the game. Also, after beating that, the next 2 characters coming in the game are Red Son Deathstroke and Raven. They show their silhouettes with a "coming soon" caption above them.

On a side note....why is Aquaman not in the iOS game? Doesn't make any sense to me.

Well, I already completed that, so if you're right, then I'm all set. And as always, I'll try to help as many people as possible to get that skin as well.

Having said that, after completing the Zod challenge and unlocking him, I didn't get anything aside from the ability to play as him in the game. Also, after beating that, the next 2 characters coming in the game are Red Son Deathstroke and Raven.

On a side note....why is Aquaman not in the iOS game? Doesn't make any sense to me.

Aquaman will probably be added later along with Hawkgirl, Shazam, Killer Frost, Ares, Scorpion, MMH and Zatanna. I bet we get the unlock for the Zod skin in the next iOS update, they just wanted to make sure the file was there for us to unlock it. Hopefully we get skins for more than just Zod

I hope this skin isn't an IOS thing. Not having DLC bothers me but I don't like the idea of having to play a second game in order to unlock DLC in your primary game. I have no interest in encouraging this practice and will no longer support either game where this happens.

Zatanna

Meterburned Interactable Master
If this is an iOS unlock, we only need one person to get it and share their WBID with everyone.