What's new

Zod F2 D4 Low Overhead Command Grab Tech Video

Marcus

Mortal Kombat Philippines / Injustice Philippines
Just a question, If they blocked the Trait Grab upclose.. we are punishable right?

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Just a question, If they blocked the Trait Grab upclose.. we are punishable right?
Yea I'm assuming that's the case but if f21 low laser normal into grab works this opens up more windows

I'm at work now but will play w it more tonight. I think the only way though to combo it is the way in the video due to a timing execution of trait ready or not .

BurdManJR270

Bigg Burd

What I'm seeing right now messing with it, is KT is just not ready to party after you have summoned him immediately. I noticed that as soon as I summoned him, then did just a f2, then KT still stays in place and doesn't home in on the opponents location to track them right away. So I'm guessing he can command grab before he is actually tracking the opponent. I'll mess with this some more and see what I can't find. Good shit though, Pig. I really like what you do for the community. Thank you, man.

snort

Noob
Why would you even want to do this? releasing trait up close will get you blown up in the end. Not a risk I would take. if you could get 50+% out of the string, than possibly it's worth the risk vs low damage chars only, but you can't get that high of damage so not worth it.

Pig Of The Hut

Why would you even want to do this? releasing trait up close will get you blown up in the end. Not a risk I would take. if you could get 50+% out of the string, than possibly it's worth the risk vs low damage chars only, but you can't get that high of damage so not worth it.
What's unsafe about f21u2 IAZB ji2 IAZB dash 123 trait cancel dash f2 command grab???

People aren't stupid, they're gonna block the other trait options eventually. ZOD growth w trait relies on setups like this into pressure, free throws and frame traps

Pig Of The Hut

I solve the mystery and noone cares:/
I care

<3

Thanks simsim for posting!!!!!! I'm at work and can't view video (stepped away to type lol) will check tonight your video but I'm going to Pre emptive thank u greatly!!!!

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I was wondering about this when Zod was released. Thanks Pig for the thread/video and thanks simsim for finding out how to use it later in the trait's short life.

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
This will be pretty impossible to deal with I think. A couple examples here:

From a jump in you will have to block overhead, low, overhead:

And you can also start mixing in the overhead string in there, but I haven't found a way to combo from an overhead in to the low cancel overhead grab yet

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
Btw, the way I do it consistently is: trait slash, wait 0.1 sec, f2 xx db4 (You need to do this quarter circle motion very fast to make the buffer window work in your favor. What I mean by this is: You need to get the trait grab out on the first frame it is possible, so... a trait reversal.. And since there is a buffer window in injustice, the db4 will keep trying to come out during this window of a few frames, so by doing it as fast as possible, you cover the frame that the trait grab needs to come out on nicely)

This explanation also means that d4 is a worse option than db4, as I think d4 doesn't give a buffer window in the same way. This is just what I think though:p

It's totally a glitch haha. I expect they do a state check/set a state during a combo, and because the lil KT-ling is in a non-responsive state the state isn't set correctly to him.

When you just frame the input you manage to get him to receive a command throw instruction before receiving the "in combo" state check data. So instead of refusing the command grab and doing the KT Slap, he instead does the KT grab.

Edit:
I agree with Jailhouse however, don't fix this, don't fix the d1/d12 glitch. You just released MMH and even with these both in place Zod does not seem to compete well with him in the toolset department, not to mention the rest of the cast.