What's new

"You're Fired!" -- Joker General Discussion Thread

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
the ex low gas version is ridiculously fast

the gun shot part is true, the unpatched game has it as slow and non cancellable
Does Pig have the patched version? PM him and see if we can't get some thoughts on him to explain his co main. His Sinestro Breakdown today is great.

This character is very, and i mean very fucking nasty. He has a great oki reset game into the unblockable setups with chattering teeth and his F 3 crowbar. From what i have looked at he has some very safe strings, but very unsafe special moves. I have work tonight or i would post and record videos of what i found. During my school day if anyone post questions that i can answer i will. Good luck to my fellow jokers.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
This character is very, and i mean very fucking nasty. He has a great oki reset game into the unblockable setups with chattering teeth and his F 3 crowbar. From what i have looked at he has some very safe strings, but very unsafe special moves. I have work tonight or i would post and record videos of what i found. During my school day if anyone post questions that i can answer i will. Good luck to my fellow jokers.
use j2, the crowbars easily avoidable

The setup I was using had chattering teeth and f3 had at the same time. Though you get the launch from Chattering teeth and the 16 or so percent damage. This gave me a full combo opportunity.

Sent from my N860 using Tapatalk 2

McTease

Nay.
So I'm having trouble canceling the last stab of H,M,H into teeth. I can only get it at the first stab, am I missing something?
I mean fighting games aren't new to me at all but I will admit this is my first NRS game.

Good looks in advance!

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
So I'm having trouble canceling the last stab of H,M,H into teeth. I can only get it at the first stab, am I missing something?
I mean fighting games aren't new to me at all but I will admit this is my first NRS game.

Good looks in advance!
the last stab cant be cancelled

Just a question, do you think that the joker will have Ha or Ha ha ha specific combos or setups? Its sorta hard to test this due to the training mode not having a max trait option (or at least i haven't found one yet).

lazybird123

Purple Belt in BJJ, White Belt in MK
What did you guys think about using his 2 as a anti-cross up? I've had some success with it

What have you guys been doing as mid-screen air to air combos after landing the jumping 1? I haven't been able to get any of his normals to land, only able to hit an Acid Blossom (AB). In the corner I was able to land a D2~RLG, meter burn. I don't know if you guys know this, but you can cancel the D2

I've been using F2,3 and 3 as punishers because of how much push back most moves have. Any other suggestions?

I was thinking one of the important thing this character will need is to know which of his combo enders beat out which wake up attacks. I've used AB Laughing Gas, RLG, and Chattering Teeth (CT). Chattering Teeth (CT) does not reach if you knock your opponent back a certain distance. For example if you finish with 3,2, far CT won't land

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
What did you guys think about using his 2 as a anti-cross up? I've had some success with it

What have you guys been doing as mid-screen air to air combos after landing the jumping 1? I haven't been able to get any of his normals to land, only able to hit an Acid Blossom (AB). In the corner I was able to land a D2~RLG, meter burn. I don't know if you guys know this, but you can cancel the D2

I've been using F2,3 and 3 as punishers because of how much push back most moves have. Any other suggestions?

I was thinking one of the important thing this character will need is to know which of his combo enders beat out which wake up attacks. I've used AB Laughing Gas, RLG, and Chattering Teeth (CT). Chattering Teeth (CT) does not reach if you knock your opponent back a certain distance. For example if you finish with 3,2, far CT won't land
I usually hit air to airs with j3 since it has a lot of range and tends to win a lot. After it hits usually can only hit b1 into flower. If you do 1 air to air. I'm sure you can get 323 into acid

lazybird123

Purple Belt in BJJ, White Belt in MK
I usually hit air to airs with j3 since it has a lot of range and tends to win a lot. After it hits usually can only hit b1 into flower. If you do 1 air to air. I'm sure you can get 323 into acid
Honestly I didn't try using 3 as an air-to-air since I didn't see this thread last night. I'll give it a shot, but I tried landing a 3 after an air-to-air 1 and wasn't successful, but it could be a timing issue

Qwark28

Joker waiting room

you shouldnt use j1, every other air move of his is infinitely better

his combo enders are meant to provoke panicky movement

the joker is all about making your opponent uncomfortable and trying to escape any setups

hes handicapped in regular damage and takes more reads but his tools ensure lots of panic is to be had.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Hard to land because it doesn't parry jumping attacks and all these newbies do is jump.

His mix up game is great as I expected.
Just a question, do you think that the joker will have Ha or Ha ha ha specific combos or setups? Its sorta hard to test this due to the training mode not having a max trait option (or at least i haven't found one yet).
parry is very good

noone will ever reach ha ha ha

parry is for escaping frametraps and punishing string holes, not for the increased movement

whole point of ha benefits is for joker to re-space himself after having escaped pressure

DreadzTsung

"Darkness is the heart's true essence"
parry is very good

noone will ever reach ha ha ha

parry is for escaping frametraps and punishing string holes, not for the increased movement

whole point of ha benefits is for joker to re-space himself after having escaped pressure
Mirror me?

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Joker's trait is damn near useless online unless you find someone with a great connection or you know how to lag compensate well.

I can do the latter a bit, but not consistently.

I honestly think it's the worst trait, though I don't think he's the worst character at all.

I feel that it's probably(definitely) better in an offline setting, online it seems like the window on the parry is tiny as hell and the fact that it doesn't work on jump ins is kind of shitty because every noob online trys to do jump ins after everything(I can easily hit them, but what i'm saying is I cant use the parry against these people).

The worst part by far is the actual trait itself, I barely notice any boost in mobility, not enough to matter, the way he is he doesn't even need it, would have made a lot more sense to give him multiple counters.

as in back + 4 is a counter that leeches health, down + 4 is a counter that boosts his damage, and so on.

Or they can at least make the Ha's permanent, I don't think the Joker would be broken or even close if he had the Ha's for a whole round.

Still my 3rd favorite character so far.

Joker's trait is damn near useless online unless you find someone with a great connection or you know how to lag compensate well.

I can do the latter a bit, but not consistently.

I honestly think it's the worst trait, though I don't think he's the worst character at all.

I feel that it's probably(definitely) better in an offline setting, online it seems like the window on the parry is tiny as hell and the fact that it doesn't work on jump ins is kind of shitty because every noob online trys to do jump ins after everything(I can easily hit them, but what i'm saying is I cant use the parry against these people).

The worst part by far is the actual trait itself, I barely notice any boost in mobility, not enough to matter, the way he is he doesn't even need it, would have made a lot more sense to give him multiple counters.

as in back + 4 is a counter that leeches health, down + 4 is a counter that boosts his damage, and so on.

Or they can at least make the Ha's permanent, I don't think the Joker would be broken or even close if he had the Ha's for a whole round.

Still my 3rd favorite character so far.
I would be fine that the Ha's go away when you take damage and reset each round. Imo think that would be really fair.