What's new

Your Top 3 Favorite Fighting Games of All Time.

Justice

Noob
MK9 ('nuff said)
DoA (any. I love the games but won't train them...)
Double Dragon V (horrible game but I still remember it fondly :D)

Honorable Mentions:
Soul Caliber (love the series)
World Heroes
Samurai Showdown
SSF2T (Cammy rox!)
Virtua Fighter series

I actually didn't mind Rise of the Robots and Way of the Warrior on 3DO. I thought they were a lot of fun :D

JJocelot

Don't give up!
1- Guilty Gear X2 ^Core (Pretty much the newest one I've played)
2- King of Fighters 11
3- Capcom Vs SNK 2

If it was top 5, MK9 would be in there.

Hemlock

Noob
Mortal Kombat 9
Capcom Vs SNK 2
Super Smash Bros. Melee

(There are so many games that have been mentioned that I've never played! Yikes!)

Neclord

Noob
From the amount of playtime it should be these 3 FG's:

1. Super Street Fighter II Turbo
2. Tekken 3
3. Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition

Rabbit

thugs bunny
MK2 got so many mentions, but so few actually play it. Wtf?

1. MK2
2. UMK3
3. MK1

What is your issue with MK2? I remember a previous post where you were going all out like you were some MK2 guru and nobody knew anything about the game except you and the magical "MK2 Community".

Unless you weren't a 90's kid (This excludes 90's babies) you would know that MK2 was a VERY popular game in the arcades and even more so with the snes/genesis ports.

Nobody has to be a pro at a fighting game to enjoy it or have it be one of their favorites.

What is your issue with MK2? I remember a previous post where you were going all out like you were some MK2 guru and nobody knew anything about the game except you and the magical "MK2 Community".

Unless you weren't a 90's kid (This excludes 90's babies) you would know that MK2 was a VERY popular game in the arcades and even more so with the snes/genesis ports.

Nobody has to be a pro at a fighting game to enjoy it or have it be one of their favorites.
What in the hell are you talking about? I know the game was very popular in the arcades. I was there. My point was that so many people mentioned MK2 as one of their favorite fighting games of all time, yet very few people actually play it nowadays. I wish more people would get back into it, because it's dying. Make sense now, or do you have something else to say?

Rabbit

thugs bunny
What in the hell are you talking about? I know the game was very popular in the arcades. I was there. My point was that so many people mentioned MK2 as one of their favorite fighting games of all time, yet very few people actually play it nowadays. I wish more people would get back into it, because it's dying. Make sense now, or do you have something else to say?
lol no, because a bunch of games previously listed in this post a lot of people don't play. You should know that plenty of people still play MK2 after the release of the arcade collection.
You could of said the same thing about MK1 and UMK3 but you didn't for some reason :tonyt

lol no, because a bunch of games previously listed in this post a lot of people don't play. You should know that plenty of people still play MK2 after the release of the arcade collection.
You could of said the same thing about MK1 and UMK3 but you didn't for some reason :tonyt
No, plenty people don't play MK2 on the arcade collection. I run into the same handful of guys everytime I play. The thread asked for us to list 3 of our all time favorite fighting games, so I added UMK3 and MK1 even though they are both a very distant second and third behind MK2 for me. What's wrong with wanting the community and game to stay active? It's unfortunate that so many people love these classic games but for some reason don't ever play them. Stop being an asshole.

Rabbit

thugs bunny
No, plenty people don't play MK2 on the arcade collection. I run into the same handful of guys everytime I play. The thread asked for us to list 3 of our all time favorite fighting games, so I added UMK3 and MK1 even though they are both a very distant second and third behind MK2 for me. What's wrong with wanting the community and game to stay active? It's unfortunate that so many people love these classic games but for some reason don't ever play them. Stop being an asshole.
I'm sure a majority of the people who listed MK2 have as much love for it as you say you do.

Maybe you meant "So few actually still play the game"?

I'm sure a majority of the people who listed MK2 have as much love for it as you say you do.

Maybe you meant "So few actually still play the game"?
Ok, so your comprehension was the problem. My original post was clearly present tense. "So few actually played the game" would have been past tense.

Edit* Just stop dude. You have no point other than wanting to argue with someone. Is this what you do? Go around hunting for random people to start shit with? Give it a rest.

Figured this thread would get a lot of MK love since we're on one of the biggest MK communities around. I never cared for the MK series but I wouldn't say it isn't a good fighter I just didn't like the block button and even though I like SC series I still cringe using the block button. That said My top 3 for myself

SFA2 --- -Gen that is my all time favorite character so I will be looking forward to Nightwing and WW with the stance changes. I have a feeling Ares will also have so sort of stance change but who knows

MvC2

MvC3.

Rabbit

thugs bunny
Ok, so your comprehension was the problem. My original post was clearly present tense. "So few actually played the game" would have been past tense.
It was that paired with the previous posts I've seen from you ;). You still haven't explained why you didn't call out MK1/UMK3 and decided MK2 was the game nobody played.

It was that paired with the previous posts I've seen from you ;). You still haven't explained why you didn't call out MK1/UMK3 and decided MK2 was the game nobody played.
First of all, you have no idea behind the history of my other posts, so I don't know why you would even try to judge them. Not too happy to see that you're stalking me though. I did explain why I didn't mention UMK3 or MK1. Once again, a lapse in your comprehension. I said that I just added those games to fulfill the list. They are good games, but not even close to MK2 in my mind. MK2 is the only fighting game that has held my interest.

Edit* You obviously know that I'm a MK2 player, so why are you having trouble understanding that I only mentioned MK2? Oh that's right, you're just an asshole that likes to argue even at the expense of making yourself look stupid.

Rabbit

thugs bunny
Don't flatter yourself thinking I'm stalking you just because I remembered that you were acting like a know-it-all in a previous post. By your answer it seems like you half-read what I wrote.

Anyways, I'm not going to flood this post anymore with this back and forth thing. PM me if you still think "I haven't got it" because I'm done replying on here.