What's new

"You will definitely see a Mortal Kombat 4 character", Boon tells TRMK in interview

Pick your fav MK4 char to be playable in MKX

• Total voters

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
To many, after Mortal Kombat (2011), there was a lot of hope for seeing Mortal Kombat characters from past games. The one game that stands out in particular is Mortal Kombat 4. Characters like Fujin, Jarek, Kai, Reiko... just to name a few. Up until today we had no word on whether or not we'd see a Mortal Kombat 4 character(s).

With this said, TRMK was at E3 this week and they have recently posted an interview with Ed Boon. This interview includes all kinds of information - from essentially figuring out ways to cater to the tournament players, MKast-related features returning (not being called "MKast") and much more! Click here to read the article in full!

fujin.jpg
*Fujin image to represent MK4 characters*​

TRMK: Fans expect this game to follow the storyline of MK4 and beyond, but it looks like you are taking the story in another direction. Will fans see some familiar faces from the series they haven’t seen yet in MK9?

Ed Boon: You will definitely see a Mortal Kombat 4 character, I believe that's the first time I've said that. You will also see... Continue reading!

Source: TRMK
edited/promoted by STORMS*

Last edited:

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
I don't think there's any feasible way you could possibly make Kai an interesting character.

disagree the 3 Style Variations allow for NRS to create new specials and looks for KAI... youre just racist :REO

even MEAT who is just a boring bloddy skeleton (as we knew him) , in MKX his look would being incredible with some love from the NRS art team

Last edited:

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
I knew Fujin and Shinnock would blow everyone away in the poll but keep in mind people the other characters would get dramatic makeovers...

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Fujin and Shinnok for sure, this game's gotta have lots of Elder Gods

What the hell does Reiko even do?

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
disagree the 3 Style Variations allow for NRS to create new specials and looks for KAI... youre just racist :REO

even MEAT who is just a boring bloddy skeleton (as we knew him) , in MKX his look would being incredible with some love from the NRS art team
I would honestly rather take Meat over him, that's how bland Kai is. At least the MKDA-era characters only need a couple of tweaks to become truly memorable characters.

But back on topic, Shinnok has great potential to be Freddy's successor moveset-wise, I just don't want NRS to get carried away on a mainstream perspective, we all saw what happened to the SF3 series.