What's new

You gotta love NRS’s writing in that Lin Kuei video

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
Yes lol another dimension as I said. I don’t really buy the idea anyway that he can only teleport short distances in the new timeline. I just think NRS aren’t logical or aware of their own lore and character abilities.
I think the whole "I can go to the Netherrealm whenever" is a NRS thing... in MK4-MKDA, Quan Chi was planning to just teleport Scorpion into the Netherrealm and presumably just keep him there forever. Scorpion had to find a way out after Quan Chi found a portal to escape and closed it before Scorpion (and Drahmin and Moloch) could chase him.

I think the whole "I can go to the Netherrealm whenever" is a NRS thing... in MK4-MKDA, Quan Chi was planning to just teleport Scorpion into the Netherrealm and presumably just keep him there forever. Scorpion had to find a way out after Quan Chi found a portal to escape and closed it before Scorpion (and Drahmin and Moloch) could chase him.
Did it explicitly state that he had to find a way out? I don’t remember.

As far as I’ve ever known, Scorpion had that ability.

His MK9 fatality (which was a reboot as we know) had him open a portal, wrap the spear chain around the the victim’s neck, kick them through it and have them come through another portal skinned and hanging.

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
Not that I remember, but it just makes sense. Why would Quan Chi show up, tell Scorpion "Hey loser, I was just using you to kill Sub-Zero, BTW I killed your family and clan, now fuck off to the Netherrealm, bye" and teleport him there if he knew Scorpion would just instantly teleport back and hand Quan's ass to him? lolol

Not that I remember, but it just makes sense. Why would Quan Chi show up, tell Scorpion "Hey loser, I was just using you to kill Sub-Zero, BTW I killed your family and clan, now fuck off to the Netherrealm, bye" and teleport him there if he knew Scorpion would just instantly teleport back and hand Quan's ass to him? lolol
I think he was gonna use some kind of sorcery to imprison him, but he never got that chance.

Either way what is canon is that Scorpion could freely enter and exit the netherrealm by his own will.

Bloodfang

The Immortal Tiger
Yeah that was new. Nobody could leave the Netherrealm of their own accord before MK9. Scorpion only got out in UMK3 because Shao Kahn cracked it open to try and steal some souls for a powerup while invading Earth. MKDA had Quan Chi looking for a runestone to escape. The new writers just forgot or chose to ignore the number one rule of all underworlds: There is no escape. lol.

Edit: Nobody who belonged there anyway. Quan Chi was an exception because he was a dimensionally travelling sorcerer. When he was killed in MK4 though he became a prisoner.

Also if anybody can come and go when they want what would Sareena/Ashrah's entire plot be? lol. People want Ashrah but completely forget WHY she was hunting demons?

Last edited:

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Kuai Liang is not Hanzo, it would make no sense he could just travel to hell and back.
Bro is not a weird ghost ninja, he is just a dude with fire magic now.

I don't think NRS's storys are particular good by any stretch of the imagination, but this is just a weird nit pick lol.

Yeah that was new. Nobody could leave the Netherrealm of their own accord before MK9. Scorpion only got out in UMK3 because Shao Kahn cracked it open to try and steal some souls for a powerup while invading Earth. MKDA had Quan Chi looking for a runestone to escape. The new writers just forgot or chose to ignore the number one rule of all underworlds: There is no escape. lol.

Edit: Nobody who belonged there anyway. Quan Chi was an exception because he was a dimensionally travelling sorcerer. When he was killed in MK4 though he became a prisoner.

Also if anybody can come and go when they want what would Sareena/Ashrah's entire plot be? lol. People want Ashrah but completely forget WHY she was hunting demons?
Idk I think it’s different with Scorpion, it’s also canon that when he is there, he constantly gets more powerful.

He was written to truly benefit in every conceivable way from the netherrealm.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Yes lol another dimension as I said. I don’t really buy the idea anyway that he can only teleport short distances in the new timeline. I just think NRS aren’t logical or aware of their own lore and character abilities.
You don't know. We haven't seen the full story mode. Also, while it is another dimension, what I was trying to imply was that he couldn't just willy-nilly teleport to Order realm or some such.

Kuai Liang is not Hanzo, it would make no sense he could just travel to hell and back.
Bro is not a weird ghost ninja, he is just a dude with fire magic now.

I don't think NRS's storys are particular good by any stretch of the imagination, but this is just a weird nit pick lol.
I never said he should be traveling to hell this time…this whole thing was about teleportation in general.

Also, Scorpion isn’t using magic. That’s why they had to make that clear when it came to Smoke who IS using magic and why Scorpion and Sub-Zero are stated to be supernatural.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
There are a lot of dimensions in MK universe, so your statement was a bit vague in that matter though.

thesacrifist

Too old for this
I can agree with this. All I want is a story about all the top martial artists in the realm coming together to fight in a tournament. A tournament aptly named, Mortal Kombat! It would be so dope to go back to the roots and simply have a tournament as the main storyline. Martial Art Tournaments are always so fckn cool, whether that’s in anime or any other media. Neither the games or the movies, for some reason, think an all out tournament to prove who’s the strongest is “enough”. But as I said, plenty of anime’s have proven otherwise time and time again. ¯\(ツ)
I think they should have story mode as is, but have a new mode kalled Mortal Kombat which is kinda like conquest/open world centered around the tournament, with roguelike/other aspects which makes it replayable over and over. Would be fun for those of us who suck but still love MK

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?

As far as I’ve ever known, Scorpion had that ability.

His MK9 fatality (which was a reboot as we know) had him open a portal, wrap the spear chain around the the victim’s neck, kick them through it and have them come through another portal skinned and hanging.
I love that fatality.

xRantex

Rante Inferno
Honestly I never gave a care in the world about the lore or the story. Smoke could be a professional clown who learned magic from Batman for all I care.
Same here. Idc for the story, I just want to play as the characters. However I do hope Konquest mode comes back or a Shaolin monks style mode that's 2 players. One of those should be the extra mode.