What's new

You can run the set against yourself in tekken 8

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Just to put in perspective, i ran this for 8H straight so he could pick mostly the things i do, and this is one of our last sets

Me against me, jump a few seconds the pause to have a full experience.

Tips
If you don't block your own attacks and just spam anything, your ghost will learn to spam and won't be able to defend anything
The babystep phase it's pretty important as you will teach your ghost how to move, and how to do combos, don't overdo and don't drop your combos, try something like warming up in arcade quest tutorials first before you try this on.
the moves you punish, so will your ghost.
the bad habits you pick will create a pattern reaction on your ghost that are exploitable.
The ghost starts watching you the moment you enter arcade quest, while max gives you advice to just experiment things on, try to be reasonable and don't risk things you wouldn't normaly risk on a set against someone that knows how to play, that's how my ghost learned to drop combos, and do punishable moves just because i was experimenting with the games mechanics.

Also, this is what confidence on a product feels like, game is set to release next month by february, but they are so bold that they give the demo of the game for free, with 1 chapter of the story, arcade quest, and ghost battle for you to try on at cost of nothing, and even added 4 characters, despite the fact that they gave 1 alpha build and ppl played, then gave the chance to all others through betas to test the online, and they are still giving a demo to play for as much as you need even if you are not going to buy the game for free, that's going to stay there even after release just to bring ppl to buy their game, much respect for what namco is doing, specially when they didn't needed to gate keep their betas behind $110, pre-orders as if we're playing the hottest shit in the plate.

Not gonna lie, this demo is super fun and I can see myself taking a break from MK pretty much until Ermac comes out to just play Tekken 8. It looks great, and feels great.

I can't stop griping about how terrible MK1's inputs feel right now, and there's just something so deflating about going onto KL, iiiiiinching my way up ranks, and then get matched up with a brand new profile who's rocking a 9/1 WL because the game is just matching me against other people with positive ratios, and then drops me to below the number of points I started the night at. Everything in MK right now just feels so punitive and unfriendly, it was a surprising breath of fresh air to become a weird little Mii in an arcade with all the other Miis cheering me on while I'm beating the snot out of Nick.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Not gonna lie, this demo is super fun and I can see myself taking a break from MK pretty much until Ermac comes out to just play Tekken 8. It looks great, and feels great.

I can't stop griping about how terrible MK1's inputs feel right now, and there's just something so deflating about going onto KL, iiiiiinching my way up ranks, and then get matched up with a brand new profile who's rocking a 9/1 WL because the game is just matching me against other people with positive ratios, and then drops me to below the number of points I started the night at. Everything in MK right now just feels so punitive and unfriendly, it was a surprising breath of fresh air to become a weird little Mii in an arcade with all the other Miis cheering me on while I'm beating the snot out of Nick.
I know the feeling, like imagine having an NPC on your side of the arcade sheering you up everything you do something sick

Immortal

Blind justice....
Man, 26th of January can't come fast enough. Played a ton of alpha, beta version and now demo. Game is awesome and have shit ton of content and cool things for competitive players(like mentioned here fighting vs your ghost). MK1 in comparison content wise seems like a game made by an indie studio.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
I've been waiting to get to play. I wasn't let into the betas and have to wait for the non-PS demo.

I'm super interested in the ghosts. Eventually running against myself sounds like something I should definitely do.

It's going to have to be an irresponsible purchase, but I need in there

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
Then get used to Tekken and stop playing MK1. You should stop playing it anyway if it's so "not quality"
Someone liking the core game and wishing it was a better made/ finished product isn't a reason to go play something else.

It's not the same as when everyone complained about MK11 and kept playing while simultaneously trying to convince everyone that liked playing it that they should be as miserable as all the haters refusing to quit.

Immortal

Blind justice....
Instead of complaining about MK, just buy Tekken 8 and forget MK1
And why are you even here, in this topic? It's not like you added anything to the Tekken discussion in a Tekken topic. Also you can edit posts and not write one after another one.

Anyway, back to the topic - been messing around with my ghost for several hours now, it's pretty cool, something new and most welcome. Seems like Tekken 8 gonna be really good.

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8
That’s a great feature. I’m definitely getting Tekken 8. I honestly wish I picked up Tekken years ago.

Last edited:
Because God forbid I wish an overpriced buggy product learn from the competition, right? Jesus Christ.
If it’s so overpriced and buggy, stop supporting it. People keep complaining yet still play MK1. Go play SF6 or Tekken 8!

I’m all for supportingtthings that are good. Not wasting time and energy on things that suck like Mk1. Tekken 8 looks amazing. Give it your money

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
If it’s so overpriced and buggy, stop supporting it. People keep complaining yet still play MK1. Go play SF6 or Tekken 8!

I’m all for supportingtthings that are good. Not wasting time and energy on things that suck like Mk1. Tekken 8 looks amazing. Give it your money
They already got my money from the preorder, back when I thought this game would launch in a polished state. I didn't buy anything else from nrs since, and don't plan to, for the moment. Me leaving the game would do absolutely nothing to improve it at this point. Furthermore, the point that seems to be getting over your head is: I want this game/franchise to improve, not to go bankrupt and cease to exist, because I enjoy the core gameplay. Those things are not mutually exclusive. It's like saying "oh, you don't enjoy traffic? how about you sell your car and learn to walk to work. just get up much earlier and enjoy your freedom of walking".

Anyways, as this topic isn't about MK1, I will comment on Tekken 8, which is looking fantastic. Is there a way to reset the ghost-training you do to the character? Like, make it learn everything again from you when you have +1000 matches, so you will face a more improved version of "you"?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Anyways, as this topic isn't about MK1, I will comment on Tekken 8, which is looking fantastic. Is there a way to reset the ghost-training you do to the character? Like, make it learn everything again from you when you have +1000 matches, so you will face a more improved version of "you"?
If you don't select he ghost after 30 days, it deletes itself from the server, at this point you have to teach it again.
But you can also play everyday and learn new things everyday and keep updating your ghost.

Mine at this time it's finally punishing quite a lot of unsafe stuff, some with Just frame electrics, that's because as I get used to the game, and recognize the unsafe stuff, the steppable gaps, I get to refine my gameplay more and more, and so does my ghost.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
Demo is finally out for PC.

I'm going to get side eye for this, but I'm super bothered the game doesn't seem to support motion blur at all. I find fighting games without it to be really hard to look at. I see traces of 2-4 frames at a time and it's harder to make sense of without some kind of motion info to explain how they relate. And it's ugly AF.