What's new

YOMI DJT Wins XBattles Presented by BigE!

Icy Black Deep

Still training...
can someone explain this mode to me? its one scoreboard for all but not everyone faces everyone?
In a Swiss tournament (NOT round robin) there are a fixed number of rounds (usually the same as a single-elim bracket would have). Each round you take all of the people who have the same win/loss record and pair them up. So in a long enough tournament you tend to start playing people closer to your skill level.
The plus side is that everyone plays the same, fixed number of matches. The downside is that there are usually a lot more matches in a tournament so unless you have a large setups-to-player ratio it can take a really long time.
The other downside is that usually you have a lot of people finish with the same record, so it then goes to tie-breaker points which tend to leave people feeling cheated. (Normal tie-breaking system is to add up all of the wins of the people you played against, sometimes throwing out the top and bottom one or two. So the person who played stronger players has better tie-breaks, but that's not really something you have control over and can go counter to a head-to-head result.)

DanableLector

UPR DanableLector
CDjr not even top8? Jesus, his days are long past gone it sure seems.
From what I understand he's spent so much time going from character to character he's not spent much time learning/grinding matchups. Dudes a talented player, I think if he settles on someone he'll start making top 8s more consistently. I'm not convinced Tanya is his main yet :-/

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Yomi is too strong right now. Where's the competition aside from SonicFox to regulate this dominance? Canadians? GGA? West Coast? Someone needs to step up!

YOOOMIIIIII!

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf