What's new

Years later, do you find these (MK9+IGAU) Eventhubs tier lists accurate?

Insuperable

My mom tells me I'm pretty
Mortal Kombat 9: http://www.eventhubs.com/tiers/mk9/
1 Kabal
2 Kenshi
3 Cyrax
4 Kung Lao
5 Sonya
6 Johnny Cage
7 Smoke
8 Kitana
9 Freddy Krueger
10 Skarlet
11 Reptile
12 Jax
13 Liu Kang
14 Sektor
15 Shang Tsung
16 Raiden
17 Mileena
18 Ermac
19 Rain
20 Scorpion
21 Sub-Zero
22 Noob Saibot
23 Sindel
24 Cyber Sub-Zero
25 Quan Chi
26 Baraka
27 Nightwolf
28 Jade
29 Stryker
30 Kano
31 Sheeva

Injustice: http://www.eventhubs.com/tiers/injustice/
1 Martian Manhunter
2 Aquaman
3 Zod
4 Batgirl
5 Superman
6 The Flash
7 Sinestro
8 Wonder Woman
9 Batman
10 Killer Frost
11 Black Adam
12 Green Lantern
13 Bane
14 Deathstroke
15 Raven
16 Zatanna
17 Doomsday
18 Nightwing
19 Hawkgirl
20 Harley Quinn
21 Catwoman
22 Lex Luthor
23 Lobo
24 Green Arrow
25 Soloman Grundy
26 Shazam
27 Ares
28 Scorpion
29 Cyborg
30 The Joker

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
Kinda sorta maybe

What makes a character low tier is they have a variety of tools that work on very few characters. A character is top tier if they have very simple tools that work on most of the cast. The reason MMH and Kabal seem #1 on each list respectively compared to the others is because they have tools for every situation.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Interesting. Seem pretty on point for the most part with slight changes I'd make.

MK9- Freddy too low.

Inj- Superman, Frost, BA, too high. Doomsday, Bane, Lobo too low.

The rest same at or near their spots I would say.

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
not really sure about Sheeva being bottom, I didnt have that much trouble winning with her. She wasnt that bad.

DarkFire*

Your halo is mine.
Nope, pretty off actually

MK9 - Kung Lao and Johnny Cage too high, Freddie too low,

Injustice - Zatanna too low, Superman too high, Batman too high, Bane way too low, Doomsday way too low, Green Arrow and Scorpion too high

There are others but those are the most outrageous ones IMO lol

Crusty

Nope, pretty off actually

MK9 - Kung Lao and Johnny Cage too high, Freddie too low,

Injustice - Zatanna too low, Superman too high, Batman too high, Bane way too low, Doomsday way too low, Green Arrow and Scorpion too high

There are others but those are the most outrageous ones IMO lol
Explain to me your reasoning for GA? I'm not an up player but I wonder

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
Guys superman had a safe 50/50 reset in the corner at the end of the game's life. keep it in mind when you say he's too high

DarkFire*

Your halo is mine.
Explain to me your reasoning for GA? I'm not an up player but I wonder
Literally the only thing that was good about Green Arrow was his db2 and his Super Move reset lol. His zoning was subpar, footsies were bad overall, no true mixups, no real way to establish pressure, etc. This resulted in terrible match ups, and all the characters below him outclass him in more than one category, with the exception of Scorpion and Ares/Joker. He's bottom 3 IMO haha

tatterbug4

Bug of tater's
Give it time and it'll get pretty close. Give it a while though because last time I checked nimble was top tier

Crusty

Literally the only thing that was good about Green Arrow was his db2 and his Super Move reset lol. His zoning was subpar, footsies were bad overall, no true mixups, no real way to establish pressure, etc. This resulted in terrible match ups, and all the characters below him outclass him in more than one category, with the exception of Scorpion and Ares/Joker. He's bottom 3 IMO haha
Bottom 10, possibly Bottom 5 but definitely not bottom 3, he gets a lot of guaranteed chip on grundy and all he has to do is chill on him. Shazam is debatable as he can outclass him in damage footsies, and mixups but Shazam had to be a lot more risky than GA in the matchup as GA had better advantage. GA had better vertical control and mindgames on Shazam despite the fact his damage was 'putrid'. This is more like a soft 6-4 I see it but definitely I don't see Shazam beating GA.

DarkFire*

Your halo is mine.
Bottom 10, possibly Bottom 5 but definitely not bottom 3, he gets a lot of guaranteed chip on grundy and all he has to do is chill on him. Shazam is debatable as he can outclass him in damage footsies, and mixups but Shazam had to be a lot more risky than GA in the matchup as GA had better advantage. GA had better vertical control and mindgames on Shazam despite the fact his damage was 'putrid'. This is more like a soft 6-4 I see it but definitely I don't see Shazam beating GA.
Tier lists aren't based on whether one character beats the other, it's more about the character's tools and matchups in general. For example, Zatanna destroys Bane 7-3, but she is nowhere near as good as he is tier wise. Bane has more winning MU's (and more 7-3's) as well as less losing MU's than her, plus he has some better tools than her. Bane is probably #7 in the game while Zatanna is probably in the #12/#13 range.

Back to Green Arrow, Shazam has far better mix ups, damage, and it was actually scary when he was in your face. Pretty much the same with Grundy, just add a godlike d2 to that lol. That's why I say he's bottom 3 IMO, I suppose it's debatable if he's better than Cyborg or Ares which could put him just outside of bottom 3, but he's still down there lol

Crusty

Tier lists aren't based on whether one character beats the other, it's more about the character's tools and matchups in general. For example, Zatanna destroys Bane 7-3, but she is nowhere near as good as he is tier wise. Bane has more winning MU's (and more 7-3's) as well as less losing MU's than her, plus he has some better tools than her. Bane is probably #7 in the game while Zatanna is probably in the #12/#13 range.

Back to Green Arrow, Shazam has far better mix ups, damage, and it was actually scary when he was in your face. Pretty much the same with Grundy, just add a godlike d2 to that lol. That's why I say he's bottom 3 IMO, I suppose it's debatable if he's better than Cyborg or Ares which could put him just outside of bottom 3, but he's still down there lol
The difference between Shazam and Grundy was that teleport.

You make a fair point about Shazam but it's also true that GA has less losing matchups than Shazam here and more winning\even matchups.

Shazam might actually be able to beat GA who knows, maybe I just know that matchup better than most GA players. Like I personally never saw him as a threat after the first year but that's it. Maybe I just know what to expect from him but I dunno. Again,my GA against a Shazam is 9/10 in my favor but the same case may not apply to everyone. I apologize if I may have mislead.

Last edited:

4x4lo8o

Noob
Really accurate, honestly. There's a few I'd move around slightly but any tier list is going to be like that. I don't see anything that's completely unreasonable. The biggest problem I see is Doomsday and that's probably just attributable to the fact that he's a better character in tournament than he is in theory

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
This is pretty accurate but kind of funny that both characters that won the first evo for their game respectively are overrated in this. I'd say KL was not top 5 in MK9 but top 10. If I could only make one change it'd be switching him and Freddy. Other than that just nitpick stuff.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
The difference between Shazam and Grundy was that teleport.

You make a fair point about Shazam but it's also true that GA has less losing matchups than Shazam here and more winning\even matchups.

Shazam might actually be able to beat GA who knows, maybe I just know that matchup better than most GA players. Like I personally never saw him as a threat after the first year but that's it. Maybe I just know what to expect from him but I dunno. Again,my GA against a Shazam is 9/10 in my favor but the same case may not apply to everyone. I apologize if I may have mislead.
Shazam is so much better than GA. damage, mix ups, great oki, hard to zone, great meter build. Ga has a good j1, good j3, savage blast and super reset. Shit damage, shit mix ups, easy to zone, etc. cyborg and scorpion are the only ones I find arguably worse.

This is pretty accurate but kind of funny that both characters that won the first evo for their game respectively are overrated in this. I'd say KL was not top 5 in MK9 but top 10. If I could only make one change it'd be switching him and Freddy. Other than that just nitpick stuff.
I think a lot of the characters that are too high are due to the fact that they were top tier at the start, so they got a lot of first place votes to begin with before they were nerfed. Same goes with Bane and Lobo since they blew ass at the start but then were buffed pretty hard.

Crusty

Shazam is so much better than GA. damage, mix ups, great oki, hard to zone, great meter build. Ga has a good j1, good j3, savage blast and super reset. Shit damage, shit mix ups, easy to zone, etc. cyborg and scorpion are the only ones I find arguably worse.
Shazam is not hard to zone, he'll always eat an arrow or two even with teleport and I'll always have time to reload EA on hit. Everything else I agree with. On wake up he's very easy to read to so there is that

It's like I said though, I don't mean to downplay Shazam or up play GA. I just personally never found it hard to fight him. Even though I 100% agree with that that GA < Shazam, I never lost to one as GA. Shazam might be better than GA but he definitely doesn't body him by any means because GA can make the right reads to win as he's very read heavy as a character and Shazam is very punishable on most of his good stuff. Let's just leave it at soft 6-4 to Shazam that can swing into GA's favor (almost a 5-5).

I have an open mind, PM me about this if you feel the need to refute, I'll even play you to prove me wrong. However, GA definitely is higher than bottom 3 and even with Grundy (but 90% of the cast can blow Grundy up including GA) So bottom 10 or 5