What's new

General/Other - Goro XL Goro General Discussion Thread

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
So guys, do we have new midscreen bnbs with the improved run? Any cross under possibilities for screen positioning?

With lots of chars being normalized and Goros one weakness being buffed, i foresee him being pretty fucking strong lol. We will see

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Looky what I found, in case you boys didn't already know:

As I wrote in the description, just hold 4 during EX Punchwalk, or after you MB a normal punchwalk.

You know, this one is real simple but it's so satisfying, just seeing their head fucking rocket into the air as their cartoonishly exploded lower body falls down, is just... da bes. Espcially how the head fall perfectly in from of the legs.

ScorpXL

Goro?
Looky what I found, in case you boys didn't already know:

As I wrote in the description, just hold 4 during EX Punchwalk, or after you MB a normal punchwalk.

You know, this one is real simple but it's so satisfying, just seeing their head fucking rocket into the air as their cartoonishly exploded lower body falls down, is just... da bes. Espcially how the head fall perfectly in from of the legs.
http://testyourmight.com/threads/new-goro-brutality.58946/
Already beat you to it. :p But yeah, love the new brutality. Sometimes the simplest ones are the best.

Espio

Kokomo
Current Thoughts on Goro: His changes have reinvigorated me so much that I went from not hitting the lab much at all to checking out stuff every single day. I'm actually super excited to compete with him in the coming months again, it's like a new lease for me.

Back 3 is so good now that ex command grabs combo on hit AND back 3 is a natural tick grab anyway on block. Back 3, punch walk beats back dash and jump outs. Ex punch walk off of it beats armor attacks and you can also do ex low stab too and even if you're wrong and the opponent blocks you're still safe. It's a really great universal change.

The chip nerfs stream lined how I wanna play Goro, which is great because it means that I got to trim out strings that serve a similar purpose to each other, which frees me up to focus on more fundamentally important aspects of my play.

Still can't convert off F4 against crouching opponents :(
I literally just use forward 4 for the plus frames and to keep people guessing in concert with low stab. The overhead doesn't let you convert when the opponent blocks it low? NRS PLS. I kind of gave up on trying to get conversions and it's a shame because the combo damage is actually pretty darn good lol.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Been looking for new stuff.

DF can do some easy ass +40% 1 bar combos from anywhere on the screen now without any problems.

This'll probably be the go to BNB now that it's so easy, unless I dig up something stronger:

Real cute how a buff to make him faster has increased his damage significantly.

I mean, run canceling into b12u2 off of EX PW and Spin2win with more corner carry and more lenient timing is just...

I'll probably post a vid of new B2 combos.

@BunLantern Great game, I can't remember the last time I fought a Tigrar...

Kind of salty I dropped that corner combo towards the end, pretty much sealed my fate with that.

Last edited:

Gruff757

The Gruff
The new run buff has enabled KW to actually become a regular variation for me to use now, mostly because the ground pound is actually way more of a threat in neutral than it ever has been in this game's lifetime.

If you feel like the opponent is going to jump, or if you want to fuck them in the head, just run towards the poor sap and U1/2, Punch Walk, Chest Lunge(stop short of them to bait some button pressing for a whiff punish), or even go as far as to Telestomp the sad bastard. Not to mention that Goro's damn near broke sweep and F4 is also a sick mixup when in range.

Goro's airspace is even more off limits now.

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
Most of goro's +2 strings don't feel like they're actually +2. Most feel neutral like 121, b121, and 21. Been testing against lackey's 9 frame reversal roll and Cassie's 7f flip. Can anyone confirm/deconfirm this? Using dragon fangs btw if that makes a difference

Espio

Kokomo
Most of goro's +2 strings don't feel like they're actually +2. Most feel neutral like 121, b121, and 21. Been testing against lackey's 9 frame reversal roll and Cassie's 7f flip. Can anyone confirm/deconfirm this? Using dragon fangs btw if that makes a difference
Back 1,2, 1 is actually +2. As are all parts of 2,1,2. Back 1,2, up 2 isn't actually plus though it's more like neutral.

Reversals are quite strange indeed. This happens with some other plus strings like Kitana's 2,1 and elbow dash etc.

Last edited: