What's new

General/Other - Bo' Rai Cho XL Bo' Rai Cho General Discussion Thread

ImAura

Ironic Irony
Ok so just a few things but here's just some stuff I hope people explore.
1. Of course he has Green Arrow X-Ray setups, but not nearly as good
2. Ex gas into grab
3. Corner Ex gas into Ex ground blaze
Now the last 2 are very important & wish I had a video to showcase
4. Ex gas into ground fire seems to be +13 or more. I can run in & jail a standing 1, I'm doing a lot of corner specific setups
5. Gas lingers so if you drop gas over a downed opponent & do F1 in dragons breath he breaks every characters armor in the game. I just broke REPTILES EX SLIDE.
Please someone explore any of these & message me, this was rather a hasty post.

Ok so just a few things but here's just some stuff I hope people explore.
1. Of course he has Green Arrow X-Ray setups, but not nearly as good
2. Ex gas into grab
3. Corner Ex gas into Ex ground blaze
Now the last 2 are very important & wish I had a video to showcase
4. Ex gas into ground fire seems to be +13 or more. I can run in & jail a standing 1, I'm doing a lot of corner specific setups
5. Gas lingers so if you drop gas over a downed opponent & do F1 in dragons breath he breaks every characters armor in the game. I just broke REPTILES EX SLIDE.
Please someone explore any of these & message me, this was rather a hasty post.
I'll check some of these in a minute, I haven't tinkered at all with Dragon's breath though, i'll try it out. Also, he seems really limited on meterless midscreen combos, since nothing links into regular fart and his juggle starter is a high.

Hiyomoto

Noob
Got some other vids on my channel but yeah, after the restand with fart, you can do f212 into reset again then go for a throw or another 50/50 into restand. If you end your combos with his tumble then it leaves you at enough hit advantage to break through most armor with db1 or punish. I'm loving the range of this character.

Bo rai cho is a very solid character, mixups, restands but he has one major flaw. GAPS. Almost every string itsself has a gap. Trying to cancel the strings into a special can mostly be armored too. Thats just his main flaw, and thats whats going to be his downfall imo. He has an awfully hard time against zoners too. Everything else about him(mostly everything) is good.

BigMacMcLovin

B2s and Birdarangs
Picking up drunken master because I like the idea but I'm still struggling to figure out what the benefits of a drink are. Sure you get stamina but he doesn't run a whole lot in his combos since the fart (lol) just restands them to continue the combo. You get a few extra specials but nothing that gives you damage and makes you say "hell yeah, that was worth it"

I just don't get it

Krabman

Noob
Bo is actually really good lol. He has mixups everywhere and awesome mids. He's definitely no slouch.

Midscreen bartitsu 41% 1 bar+restand= jip b233exdb2 njp rc 3db4 b233df1

Guaranteed chip after is 1212db1=7.52 chip so 48% for 1 bar

Last edited:

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
Picking up drunken master because I like the idea but I'm still struggling to figure out what the benefits of a drink are. Sure you get stamina but he doesn't run a whole lot in his combos since the fart (lol) just restands them to continue the combo. You get a few extra specials but nothing that gives you damage and makes you say "hell yeah, that was worth it"

I just don't get it
Same here.
Love the drink setups but..... no buffs with it, no 50/50, no big damage, no armor moves, no safe moves...then you see other 2 variations...WTF?

BigMacMcLovin

B2s and Birdarangs
Same here.
Love the drink setups but..... no buffs with it, no 50/50, no big damage, no armor moves, no safe moves...then you see other 2 variations...WTF?
Just seems like a gimmick that hinders rather then helps but there is talk of his meditation move becoming combo-able in the DM thread so maybe that's the idea. I'm sticking with it anyways, I've played Jacqui for months so either way it's great to have limbs again!

Percimon

Sky above, Voice within
Here are 30-39% meterless midscreen DRUNKEN MASTER combos!
ALSO:
Did you, guys, know that you can use dd1 TWICE after opponent get stunned by db4???? Here it is! (just check 1st combo in this video):

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
I wish I didnt have to go to work today...

With the little time I had to play around this morning, it looks like Bartitsu can be a beast. You can end combos with a restand and then apply massive chip/pressure with EX Fart, and eventually end with a special thats only -8. Not too bad at all.

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
guys, sad to say but Master Bo is kinda helpless atm.

gaps, low profiling, horrendously minus / punishable, no real mids, bad frame data in general... it's basically impossible to start some kind of offense against anyone, and staying in their face it's even worse... considering he doesnt even have full screen presence in any way...

I'll try to play him more but the struggle is soooo real right now

NooBooN

I Am Thee Noob Saibot
guys, sad to say but Master Bo is kinda helpless atm.

gaps, low profiling, horrendously minus / punishable, no real mids, bad frame data in general... it's basically impossible to start some kind of offense against anyone, and staying in their face it's even worse... considering he doesnt even have full screen presence in any way...

I'll try to play him more but the struggle is soooo real right now
We will be rewarded brother stay with it

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
Here are 30-39% meterless midscreen DRUNKEN MASTER combos!
ALSO:
Did you, guys, know that you can use dd1 TWICE after opponent get stunned by db4???? Here it is! (just check 1st combo in this video):

thanks for the Bnbs dude ;)