What's new

XBOX 360 I recomend this controller

Havik

Noob
XBOX 360 I recomend this controller, and what works best in Mortal Kombat

I was fed up with the 360 pad. I just hated the plate d-pad. several times I found myself jumping in a :l :r input and the stick may work better but its inacurate some times. So I bought a Razer Onza on amazon.com the analog sticks can be loosened or tightened, the d-pads are four different buttons but unlike the ps3 the onza's d-pad buttons are so big that they are next to each other

2nd edit: since no one agrees with so me Ima change this thread a little because I started it to help the community and I'm not sure that is what I'm doing here, so feel free to disscuss what you think works best

rekka

Noob
I was fed up with the 360 pad. I just hated the plate d-pad. several times I found myself jumping in a :l :r input and the stick may work better but its inacurate some times. So I bought a Razer Onza on amazon.com the analog sticks can be loosened or tightened, the d-pads are four different buttons but unlike the ps3 the onza's d-pad buttons are so big that they are next to each other
I purchased one of these a few months ago and initially I really enjoyed using it. I liked how responsive the buttons are but only problem I had was how fast the coating on the left analog stick wore off. After about a month of use the coating on the bottom half of the button is completely worn down to the plastic. You may notice this after some use, it started coming off in very little specs . I'll try to get a pic of what mine looked like when I stopped using it and switched to a stick.

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
My current pad is old. It makes squeaky noises and when I move left I often move down and left or up and left. Really affecting certain moves like when I want to do Jades projectile invincibility I throw a low boomerang. It sucks :(

Havik

Noob
I knew about the coating wearing off thing before I got it but the answer is to take care of it and avoid pushing the stick by programing the extra shoulder pads to work as the stick buttons

rekka

Noob
I knew about the coating wearing off thing before I got it but the answer is to take care of it and avoid pushing the stick by programing the extra shoulder pads to work as the stick buttons
When I was using it I put the tension to the highest setting and used that almost like a joystick, the wear happened from just rolling my thumb over it. I didnt use the d pad cause if found it harder to roll from one to the next.

Havik

Noob
When I was using it I put the tension to the highest setting and used that almost like a joystick, the wear happened from just rolling my thumb over it. I didnt use the d pad cause if found it harder to roll from one to the next.
what I do is not raise my thumb like I did on the plate dpad and how did you pull of 0 clicks up?

Eight

I am the salt
I personally recommend a MadCatz WWE fight pad. Cheaper than a Hori or a Razer.

Works perfectly for me, no issues whatsoever thus far.

Havik

Noob
I dont like fightsticks because they only have joysticks as an option. btw I like the pads tim staic posted up. somebody needs to start a poll pads vs fightsticks

Tim Static

Adminerator
I dont like fightsticks because they only have joysticks as an option. btw I like the pads tim staic posted up. somebody needs to start a poll pads vs fightsticks
Please dont. Its about preference. Nothing more. No poll will prove anything.

Hino

Noob
For modding purposes i prefer the street fighter fight pads, simply because they have the RT as a button and you don't have to add resistors or chips to use the triggers.

Ashenar

Just a slightly above average player.....
Personally waiting for my pdp fight stick to come back from the mani. The box for some reason began to crack after opening and closing it while transporting some of the guts " my game and wire" to various friends and local hangouts. For some reason they should have put two hinges insted of one on one side. also the gold metal hinge that attaches the top to the chest seams to wiggle out the screws after a little while so having to tighten them up a few times to avoid it from coming apart. Also anyone else have issues with the stock buttons getting loose after a few weeks of gaming a few hours a day?

Sasuga

Noob
I started out on stick as I was used to with Street Fighter. Switched to pad after a month or so. Now I'm giving the stick a try again. I have slightly better execution on a stick but my reaction is a little less.

I'm waiting for my hitbox atm. I tried buying ps2 pads online but amazon wont ship to NL. The UK store wouldn't either! They are so much more expensive here!!! I really hate those ps3 shoulderbuttons, ex moves don't come out properly with them.

I've been using the 360 pad with the new d-pad. It's definitely better than the old, but I can't help but think of the quicker execution I could get from a fighter stick. I might actually be able to pull off Kung Lao's Spin -> Dive Kick faster. I do own the SF4 and MvC2 sticks, anyone try to use those in MK? Find a good button config?

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
What I recommend for 360 pad users: A PS2 pad + converter.

Havik

Noob
My razer is unkomfortable since I sprained my wrist a little and being a d-pad fan, I modded my regular 360 pad to the xcm blue chrome kit today BUT IT SUX! it is flashy and all and it is LED everywhere but I hate using it on mk9. THTB, I thought about that converter because I am so used to the ps2 pad but I haven't found such converter not even on the biggest gamestop in where I live and I am running out of my debit kard so I cant buy online for a while .
thats it Im buying a fightstick