What's new

WW3 Imminent, or are we already there?

Iustinus

Deus Fulminatus
That's really nice, but it doesn't disprove that we have a "scratch our backs and we'll scratch yours" mentality for war. There is always something to gain from lending a helping hand during war time.
But it does prove that every instance of aid isn't just some tactic to get resources in return and that foreign aid can be, and therefore governments can take, legitimately altruistic acts. They say that Bush's program saved 1 million African lives, and I'm sure the vast majority of the world has no idea it even existed. Sure was profitable for him.

Last edited:

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
;_; how do i write it off clearly enough for you guys.

A reality like NRA has a good following in USA because a decent to good portion on americans actually dig what NRA says and this is not a thing in other countries ( even less developped ones ).

Of freakin course i'm against NRA thinking of guns on the same level of education , healthcare and so on.

I'm not trying to put stereotypes on you guys for every bad thing USA has. A very good amount of people that happen to live in the US are reasonable.

Does it come off that way because i've (jokingly) used an hashtag on a forum?Now i'm seriously wondering about that lol
I think the NRA has 4 or 5 million members, which is a lot, but clearly not enough people agree to the point everyone is up in arms about it. I don't care if someone wants to own a gun, but there should be a strict policy for acquiring one.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
But it does prove that every instance of aid isn't just some tactic to get resources in return and that foreign aid, and therefore governments, can take legitimately altruistic acts. They say that Bush's program saved 1 million African lives, and I'm sure the vast majority of the world has no idea it even existed. Sure was profitable for him.
Sadly, I wasn't aware he did that so long ago and I'm a U.S. citizen. I do know he is still doing charitable work in Africa to this day, but I wasn't aware of what he did in the past. Also, when I originally said "aid" I was more so referring to getting involved in other countries conflicts and wars. I responding to Scoots post that mentioned, "getting involved in other countries shit," or something like that, but that was really nice of Bushy to do.

Iustinus

Deus Fulminatus
Ok it's a little confusing because that guy mentioned foreign aid specifically and then you said aid in quotes so it seemed as if you were suggesting that the US government only gives aid when it expects something in return, because that's what you said. And then you went back to edit things I previously quoted and responded to for some reason.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
Ok it's a little confusing because that guy mentioned foreign aid specifically and then you said aid in quotes so it seemed as if you were suggesting that the US government only gives aid when it expects something in return, because that's what you said. And then you went back to edit things I previously quoted and responded to for some reason.
Yea I went back and corrected my sentences because I realized you were led to believe one thing when I meant another. He says more than foreign aid in his post. The word "aid" can be used in different contexts.

Iustinus

Deus Fulminatus
Yea I went back and corrected my sentences because I realized you were led to believe one thing when I meant another. He says more than foreign aid in his post. The word "aid" can be used in different contexts.
Ok good. Then at least I may have enlightened some of the cynics on this board who refuse to see anything other than the negative actions that they interpret the US to be taking. Even the president who they no doubt despise, can be seen, with the funding of the US Congress, saving millions of lives in Africa, for essentially nothing in return. So much for naked self-interest.

IMakeItL00kC00L

Do not provoke a god
I really hate going into political discussions because I am not well educated and frankly I just plainly don't like it. And I believe if you want to talk politics you need to be very well-educated and read TONS about it.

I don't want to get into this discussion so forgive me for coming in dropping a point then running away, but I have to reply to this:

Yeeeeeeeeeeeaaaahh.... No.
You should seriously stop talking about how we think. (Notice how I say "we"? See where I am from on my profile.)

Anyway I respect you all, and I am really proud of how a lot of people on this thread actually know what's going on here in Palestine and aren't misinformed because of the Israeli or pro-Israeli media.

Peace.
Yeahhhhhhhhhhh sorry bout that i did a poor job of explaining it. Look, i just want people to realize that what goes on in the west isnt how things are done in other parts of the globe (for the sake of this discussion, the middle east). Things like sharia law dont exist in america and we dont have fights over religion like the shias and sunnis do (at least not anymore and for not as long). I guess i did a bad job of articulating it but what im trying to say is that different people in different places have different experiences and thats the basis of their perception on the world and what goes on around them

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Maybe we should stop killing dictators and getting involved in civil wars. For every person we were responsible for taking out of power there's country left in chaos.

daddydab32ho

KANO, KANO, KAY-NOOOOOO , KANO (DRAKES VOICE)
And they are already taking a way our gun and stripping away our rights, under our noses. No to mention FEMA camps and Homeland security Stocking up on 1.6 Billion dollars of ammunition!!!!

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Long story short, no the world won't go into ww3... The world is way to interdependent for that too happen. The worst situation that could occur is that the harsh economic sanctions that will be put on Russia will be countered by military action.. Russia would be easily subdued by the us and other un nations. China would not interfere since there economy is wayy to dependent on the us.

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
So something really fucked up happened.

Israel destroyed Gaza's only power plant totaling in 100 deaths.

The strike on the plant will worsen already severe problems with Gaza's water supply, sewage treatment and power supplies to medical facilities.

It's just evil at this point. @IMakeItL00kC00L how do you feel about Israel now?

Last edited:

Mr_Swizzer

OUTCAST
I also hate getting involved in the confusion of international matters and politics, I just sit back & watch the footage on LiveLeak.

loogie

Noob
Actually, we are already in WW3 .... the instruments and tools of it are a little different than WW1 and WW2.
You don't need to see nuclear bombs and full-scale ground and air offensive to be in a war. This is war. Just watch the news for an hour in the morning and you'll see that it is true. and what the media try to do, is give it legitimacy.