What's new

Would you like Brutalities to be difficult to perform in MKX?

Classic Input for Brutalities?

• Yes

Votes: 108 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 36 25.0%

• Total voters

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Brutalities were the hardest finishers to perform, in the sense that they were over 10 buttons to hit in a specific order.

Example:

Stryker MKT Brutality
HP,HP,HP,BL,LP,HP,HP,HP,BL,LP,HP or
2, 2, 2, BL, 1, 2, 2, 2, BL, 1, 2

Nightwolf MKT Brutality
HP,HP,HK,LK,LK,BL,BL,LP,LP,HP,HK
2, 2, 4, 3, 3, BL, BL, 1, 1, 2, 4,

brutality1.png
I would love it if in MKX brutalities were like this, I feel that it would be super insulting and super satisfying to perform.

edited/promoted by STORMS*

Last edited by a moderator:

Decay

King of the Bill
I don't think the way the combo system works in the new series would allow a brutality input to be the same as the old way. I can see the brutality being an auto combo that uses the in-game juggle system sort of like an ultra combo and at the end the opponent tears into pieces or something. Other than that, I can only imagine a much less hype brutality where it is just basically a quick time event witj pre rendered animation

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I don't think the way the combo system works in the new series would allow a brutality input to be the same as the old way. I can see the brutality being an auto combo that uses the in-game juggle system sort of like an ultra combo and at the end the opponent tears into pieces or something. Other than that, I can only imagine a much less hype brutality where it is just basically a quick time event witj pre rendered animation

This is basically what I said months ago when Brutalities were brought up.

I said it should be something INSIDE a combo you begin to end the match. There could be a special combo specifically to initiate the Brutality or an ultra-like input inside the juggle itself. I think there should be a minimum number of hits prior to it as well before you can trigger it. So for example.....Ermac (with MK9's moveset) would work something like:

Jump in 1, 3,1~lift, jump kick~teleport punch, 2,2~Brutality notation

Or....make it even more difficult. I don't know. I think they can be much more creative with it than just making it an incredibly long dial-a-combo.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
This is basically what I said months ago when Brutalities were brought up.

I said it should be something INSIDE a combo you begin to end the match. There could be a special combo specifically to initiate the Brutality or an ultra-like input inside the juggle itself. I think there should be a minimum number of hits prior to it as well before you can trigger it. So for example.....Ermac (with MK9's moveset) would work something like:

Jump in 1, 3,1~lift, jump kick~teleport punch, 2,2~Brutality notation

Or....make it even more difficult. I don't know. I think they can be much more creative with it than just making it an incredibly long dial-a-combo.

That would be fucken awesome! minimum hit combo requirement + MAX 3 bars ! that would be a blast!

Kitana Prime

Top-tier at everything but the characters I choose
I wonder what the requirement would be.

I hope for 2 rounds to none, match winning round must be a flawless, and "hard" input.

Vagrant

Noob
Make them super difficult.

Just once I want to see finishers that are as demanding as optimal combos generally are. I can at least prop you on your execution if you land one on me.

Doing them like old school brutalities would be cool but I'd even like them to take it a step further. Put like a 2 frame link somewhere in all of them.

Andromeda

I am Bard
Yes... And no.

Kinda also want it to look like Shaolin Monks' brutalities where you are in control and the kicks and punches perform different moves for you.

wselak

Noob
yes, i liked how they were! make them hard lol.. it gives you practice at the combo system at the least!

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
I think there should be a MODE that will allow players to set certain things to:
Competitive MODE
and
Casual MODE

That way scrubs wont crybaby that they are not able to perform certain things!

cyke_out

Noob
Ideally, The finishing prompt should come up and then you do a trigger to activate brutality mode where your character gets reduced recovery frames, reduced start up frames, increased hit stun, unlimited meter, the gravity is higher so opponents float longer and a timer is counting down.

Make it a custom combo and let players create their own sequences.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Difficult to perform

because Fatalitys are easy so this should be difficult

i have a prediction of how it will work
Finb8sh your second round with full Meter and not using Meter once, then maybe at end of your combo you press C ray to activate it or something like that

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
The dial in combos from before most likely would not work for MKX. I say make a requirement to do a brutality like no block the last round in order to pull it off. That would be even more humiliating. I didn't block the whole time now get ready to watch a beating of a lifetime.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
The dial in combos from before most likely would not work for MKX. I say make a requirement to do a brutality like no block the last round in order to pull it off. That would be even more humiliating. I didn't block the whole time now get ready to watch a beating of a lifetime.
Already had that with Babalities in mk9. I can see them keeping the same rules, but I suspect something different.