What's new

Would You Be Ok With A Trait Button In MKX?

Would you be ok with traits in MKX?

• Total voters

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
While i'm sure this topic was probably made quite some time ago, I wouldn't know I haven't been on here in literal months, and it isn't active, so I'm making this poll anyway.

Would you guys be ok with Injustice style traits jumping over into Mortal Kombat?

In order to not alter the MK button set-up, they'd need to be changed to a specific button combination, or replace the beloved stance switch button.

I personally think they express the character's uniqueness in battle as much as their entire special move list and i'd love to see them transition to this game.

So, why or why not?

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Nope because, like interactables, that's an Injustice thing. The closest thing MK characters will get is most likely stances.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Uh it could work, it could work with any fighting game, it's a proven concept in more then just Injustice.

However, with the inclusion of the character variation/style thing, it might be a bit too much for one game.
But we will have to see how much that actually changes the characters up.

The only difference between a trait and any other move in injustice is that traits have cooldowns. If they want to have cooldowns I rather they just have them built in (like sub-zero's iceclone), otherwise its a huge waste of one button

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
Every trait command in injustice, with the exception of Batman, kinda Zod, (moving around while having trait do swipes) and Sinestro's (Kind of) could be a special movie instead. Sinestro and Batman need a fast, reactionary trait input.)
If they want to show cooldowns or something for those special moves, they could put them next to the super meter or health bar, or something, but killing off the hard kick button would be a bit traitorous to MK, unless it truly made the game better.

Art

Grave_Intent
I for one HATE the Stance Switch button..It's completely useless! Why can't the characters in a 2D game face the proper way like Street Fighter and all the others?

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
The only difference between a trait and any other move in injustice is that traits have cooldowns. If they want to have cooldowns I rather they just have them built in (like sub-zero's iceclone), otherwise its a huge waste of one button
Well, the traits were basically extremely good specials(for the most part), balanced(for the most part) with limited use and cool-downs, that for the most part gave the characters a needed passive or offensive option to use strategically. Usually very versatile moves, some could have been standard specials instead though.

I liked the extra little layer of depth it added to Injustice, and I think other fighting games could benefit from it.

I can see how other would want to stay in its original series though.

lol what is up with everyone trying to make mk NOT mk. stop it please. No i wouldnt be ok with a trait button leave it in injustice where it belongs.

Decay

King of the Bill
I have a feeling the "trait" button would be more like a style or weapon switch. They mentioned something about variations in the character but that might even be something as simple as choosing what type of x-ray you have before the match starts, like SF4. Depending on the matchup, you might want to use x-ray 1 or 2, so you can make it more of a balanced fight if the odds are not in your favor

LockM

Noob
Why dedicate something like the activation of a trait to an entire button. It is wastefull. Just act like it is another special and to activate input a certain motion with a button. Overall im a fan of universal gameplay mechanics that every char can use. The characters should differentiate themselves by different archetypes, specials and normals and strings. Easier to balance as well as transitioning(learning) other characters. No trait or a button dedicated to it.

Last edited:

ETC AdmiralAugustus

Grabble Frazzled
I would like if the "trait" button was like a stance button for every char. When pressed, your character pulls out his signature weapon and his normals change. Don't know if that would be amazing, but it's a cool idea to kick around.

Or make that the function of the stance switch button, because we all know that's gonna be in the game.