What's new

Wordle!

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Can you post them without the spoilers? Either use the spoiler box, or post an image of the shared results? Sometimes I don't have time to do the wordle until later in the day.
Then don’t look in the “Wordle” thread, lmao. That’s like looking through the Wordle hashtag or trending on twitter before you complete the Wordle for the day. You’re just asking for spoilers.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Then don’t look in the “Wordle” thread, lmao. That’s like looking through the Wordle hashtag or trending on twitter before you complete the Wordle for the day. You’re just asking for spoilers.
But I'm the threads pappa

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I just would NEVER click on this thread, or go on twitter, before playing, if I didn’t want to get it spoiled. But I digress. ¯\(ツ)

——————

Anyway, today’s word ended my 2 day streak of having no yellows, lol. Still undefeated though, also, such a great song!

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
Wordle rules, got my whole family doing it.

I would agree that nobody should post the word of the day until it has passed. Potential fun killer.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Got it today. First guess gave 1 green and 2 yellows, only a matter of time.

Anyone try it on hard mode? I think that's where if you get a correct letter, the next guess has to include that letter, or something like that. Might make things a little more interesting since you can't just fish with the first couple guesses.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Got it today. First guess gave 1 green and 2 yellows, only a matter of time.

Anyone try it on hard mode? I think that's where if you get a correct letter, the next guess has to include that letter, or something like that. Might make things a little more interesting since you can't just fish with the first couple guesses.
Brother showed it to me. I think it’s an interesting challenge, but I don’t see the need to try it out until I get bored with the standard game. Dope that they give you the option tho. Also yeah, instead or yellow and green, all letters you get correct will be orange, and you won’t know if they’re in the right spot or not. As well as you’re not allowed to guess any words with letters you have eliminated. Which funnily enough, that’d actually help a lot of people. I see sooo many people who fail the word of the day and they’re literally continuing to use letters that have been eliminated. Which is fine, but they’re even doing it on the 5th AND THE LAST guess! Like, if you’re using letters that have been eliminated for your last guess, you deserve to lose at that point. And that’s not me meaning any offense, but as I said, one of the keys to victory in this game is patience.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
How are you guys seeing scores and stats? Only option I'm seeing is to restart another game after completing the previous one.

Edit: Nevermind - I guess I was using the wrong version. There's a lot of sites with this same game.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Again, first 2 guesses are always super important. Not just for getting some correct letters, but also eliminating common (or even uncommon) letters. Based on all the letters I had confirmed and eliminated, by my 5th guess, there was literally only one word it could have been. Love it when that happens.

Also don’t worry, not gonna post anymore spoilers in here

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Got it in 3 today! First guess was a complete 0, but 2nd guess scored 3 letters, and third guess just fell into place. I find I have more fun when I change up my first two guesses each time.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
It’s always soo much easier when your 1st two guesses get you a lot of the correct letters. In my case, my first 2 guesses today got me 4/5 correct letters.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Got pretty lucky with my 2nd guess. Also started with a different word than I ever have, ended up working out.

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!

Easy word but it took all of my brain juice, i could've gotten it sooner if i just took my time thinking x)

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter

Easy word but it took all of my brain juice, i could've gotten it sooner if i just took my time thinking x)
I got it on my 4th guess today. Tbh, I think it’s going to be pretty tough for me to ever fail a wordle. I just have such a solid strat imo that I just think it’s gonna be difficult for me to be stumped. ¯\(ツ)

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
I got it on my 4th guess today. Tbh, I think it’s going to be pretty tough for me to ever fail a wordle. I just have such a solid strat imo that I just think it’s gonna be difficult for me to be stumped. ¯\(ツ)
Im using your method and it does indeed make it hella easier :D

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Legit might start trying hard mode. The more I play, the easier it gets for me. Better and better strats and just using better, more efficient words. Which of course, is how it should work. It’s the natural progression of getting better at something. But the challenge is the most fun part for me.

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
I've been doing it with the fiancée with a very casual approach. We have a few different starter words and a looser strategy than if I was trying on my own and it's so relaxing and fun. Highly recommended "couple wind down" activity.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Obviously subject to whatever letters get confirmed in the first word, but I've been trying to find other first 2 word combos to mix things up with. Got Snort/Adieu, Mount/Paris, Mount/Flake, Might/Trace, and Adorn/Meats. Anyone got some other combos they like? Trying to prioritize vowels and RSTLNMP but like using others too.

Also, I've yet to see a word that uses the same letter twice but the instructions dont say anything about whether that can happen. Curious if they plan to use any of those words.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Obviously subject to whatever letters get confirmed in the first word, but I've been trying to find other first 2 word combos to mix things up with. Got Snort/Adieu, Mount/Paris, Mount/Flake, Might/Trace, and Adorn/Meats. Anyone got some other combos they like? Trying to prioritize vowels and RSTLNMP but like using others too.

Also, I've yet to see a word that uses the same letter twice but the instructions dont say anything about whether that can happen. Curious if they plan to use any of those words.
Heart/Odium is the new first 2 I’ve been trying, doing pretty well so far.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter

I'll sometimes use Stare.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Probably the last post in this thread for a few days at least. Because I realize what I said in this tweet can easily be misinterpreted as bragging. But that’s not at all my intent. I’m just disappointed at how easy the game has become if you use the right strats. Really has little to do with “me”. ¯\(ツ)

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
If Wordle is getting boring, here's a puzzle to solve:

It's a cryptogram.