What's new

Wishlist: Injustice Character Roster + DLC Wishlist Thread

... There is actually NOTHING that really speaks for Black Canary. NOTHING. And don't post some pictures, where she is showing her ass or something like that.
She is a character without any fancy stuff and brings nothing to the roster of the game. She has no value.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
... There is actually NOTHING that really speaks for Black Canary. NOTHING. And don't post some pictures, where she is showing her ass or something like that.
She is a character without any fancy stuff and brings nothing to the roster of the game. She has no value.

Black Canary is super popular though, she is probably the most popular non clone female character in the DC universe.

What she would bring to the table is she would be the only true martial arts character in the game that actually fights with just her fists. Sure there is Batman, but he fights like a drunken hobo in this game, no grace or nimbleness what so ever, flash is the other H2H fighting in the game and he fights like an awkward nerd, everyone else has weapons.

She could be the standard bruce lee clone that every fighting game needs.

Personally I don't give a shit if she gets in, I would rather have Silver banshee or Lady shiva.

What she would bring to the table is she would be the only true martial arts character in the game that actually fights with just her fists.
And how would you make her fighting style unique? I don't think you can.
Nightwing has his sticks, Batman has his gadgets and even Grundy, who is basically really the brawler of the game so far has his own unique way of fighting: his chain grapples.

I really can't come up with anything for Black Canary, since she doesn't have anything. She can fight, yes but that would probably turn out very, very, very gimmicky (and the same applies for Lady Shiva), since they both would have some fancy karate moves as their specials and I could honestly live without that.

We need characters who can come up with a unique fighting style: Poison Ivy, Zatanna, Raven ...
I never played the game but for now I feel like Nightwing is underpowered, because in my eyes he seems to be lacking good distance attacks. Black Canary and Lady Shiva would go under like stones in the water :-|

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
And how would you make her fighting style unique? I don't think you can.
Nightwing has his sticks, Batman has his gadgets and even Grundy, who is basically really the brawler of the game so far has his own unique way of fighting: his chain grapples.

I really can't come up with anything for Black Canary, since she doesn't have anything. She can fight, yes but that would probably turn out very, very, very gimmicky (and the same applies for Lady Shiva), since they both would have some fancy karate moves as their specials and I could honestly live without that.

We need characters who can come up with a unique fighting style: Poison Ivy, Zatanna, Raven ...
I never played the game but for now I feel like Nightwing is underpowered, because in my eyes he seems to be lacking good distance attacks. Black Canary and Lady Shiva would go under like stones in the water :-|
Well she might be a bit boring visually, they can make her fighting style unique and fun. SF is full of just assholes who punch each other, yet most of them are pretty unique, sans all the shoto clones.

I mean sure most of her attacks would be fancy karate moves, like Some Liu Kang shit, or even better, some Makoto shit, but she does have super powers she is a metahuman.
They can do a lot with her sonic scream, use it as projectile, as a capture move, she can use it to fly,

She would basically be Sindel, again I would rather have Silver Banshee in the game for my Sindel needs, but BC is way more popular.

SF is full of just assholes who punch each other, yet most of them are pretty unique, sans all the shoto clones.
But Street Fighter is not Injustice. Street Fighter is full of Makoto-like characters who mainly rely on their martial arts skills, without having gimmicky / fancy stuff. Makoto can exist perfectly in such a world, since there are no ridiculous zoners in that game.

Having Black Canary and Lady Shiva in a game like Injustice, where we already have a glimpse from how it could look like in the end ... man, imagine Black Canary fighting Green Arrow with his crazy ass zoning. His arrows and so on.
Her dash would have to be a teleport, since if not I don't know what she could do with her special attacks to get in on a heavy zoning opponent.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
But Street Fighter is not Injustice. Street Fighter is full of Makoto-like characters who mainly rely on their martial arts skills, without having gimmicky / fancy stuff. Makoto can exist perfectly in such a world, since there are no ridiculous zoners in that game.

Having Black Canary and Lady Shiva in a game like Injustice, where we already have a glimpse from how it could look like in the end ... man, imagine Black Canary fighting Green Arrow with his crazy ass zoning. His arrows and so on.
Her dash would have to be a teleport, since if not I don't know what she could do with her special attacks to get in on a heavy zoning opponent.
Did you really just say SF doesnt have gimmicky and fancy stuff? Are you joking?

I wouldn't worry too much about how Black Canary fits into this game. We're not designing Injustice and however NRS designs her we won't care in the long run.

Too bad Birds of Prey sucks right now.

Did you really just say SF doesnt have gimmicky and fancy stuff? Are you joking?
Read again.
I said that SF has a lot of characters to offer who don't have a shit load of gimmicks like the Shotos (Fireballs, Uppercuts, flying Roundhouse Kicks). There are also characters who function in the game, but don't have such tools.

Yet in a game like Injustice with superheroes and stuff like that - there are characters who have many tools, while you can't say the same for Black Canary, or Lady Shiva, since they're pure martial artists. And only trying to make the best out of BC's scream is a wasted opportunity and in the long run too repetetive.

That's what I'm concerned about. This game is not Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3, where you have 50 characters and can have someone like She-Hulk and X-23 alongside Hulk and Wolverine.
Injustice will only have 24 characters at the beginning. Let's hope that we don't waste spots on characters who could be replaced by simply better, more versatile characters.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!

All she would need is some advancing specials, like a Flying dragon kick, or some kind of flip thing, or a roll that has projectile invincibility, its not hard to design karate looking moves that let you get around projectiles, both SF and MK are full of them.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Lets see...we got

1. Superman
  2. Batman
  3. Wonder Woman
  4. Harley Quinn
  5. The Flash
  6. Solomon Grundy
  7. Nightwing
  8. Cyborg
  9. Catwoman
  10. Green Arrow
  11. Joker
  12. Green Lantern

So that leaves at least another dozen. Currently the cast has 3 women so a few more would be nice. I guess If theres only like 12 more I'd like to see....
  1. THE RAY
  2. Raven
  3. Aquaman
  4. Martian Manhunter
  5. Lex Luthor
  6. Captain Cold
  7. Lobo
  8. Doomsday
  9. Dr Fate
  10. Zatanna
  11. Black Adam
  12. Red Hood
Considering we saw a screenshot of Deathstroke though I know we aint gonna see my list and The Ray is an ultra longshot...I'm just a major fan of his concept and visuals and think he'd make a great edition to the movelists. Captain Cold and Lex are both likely in from the initial trailer teaser and the rest are a tossup.

Here's hoping I see some off of this list. Honestly though I'm a big DC fan so anyone would make me happy. If The Ray made it in though I have no idea what I would do to express my hype. I'm literally "that guy" so getting him in a game would be insane for me.

Cruz

Banned
My wishlist:

1. Black Adam
2. Lex Luthor
3. Captain Cold (New 52 style)
4. Deathstroke
5. Circe
6. Black Manta
7. Sinestro
8. Doomsday
9. Aquaman
10. Martian Manhunter
11. Black Canary
12. Docter Fate

DLC:

1. Static Shock
2. Swamp Thing
3. Blue Beetle
4. Raven
5. Atrocitus
6. Lobo

Rorschach
V (from V for Vendetta)
Silk Spectre
Deathstroke
Circe
Lex Luthor
Mxyzptlk

And as Alternate Costumes:
Bizarro Superman
Dark Knight Returns Batman (50+ semi-retired)

Confirmed:
1. Superman
2. Batman
3. Wonder Woman
4. The Flash
5. Harley Quinn
6. Solomon Grundy
7. Nightwing
8. Cyborg
9. Catwoman
10. Green Arrow
11. Green Lantern
12. Joker

Want:
13. Black Canary
14. Zatanna
15. Martian Manhunter
16. Aquaman
17. Captain Marvel/Shazam!
18. Deathstroke
19. Circe
20. Lex Luthor
21. Sinestro
22. Black Adam
23. Captain Cold
24. Poison Ivy

Bi-on-iC

I'm innocent, I mean..not guilty.
1- Red Hood
2- Static Shock
3- Zatanna
4- Aquaman
5- Black Canary
6- Captain Cold
7- Martian Manhunter
8- Vixen
9- Wildcat
10- Black Adam
11- Robin
12- Lex Luthor (Just put him cuz he's kinda confirmed. never liked him though)