What's new

Question Why was Kabal so good?

The Highlander

There can be only one
I never understood after watching reo play kabal why he doesnt play with liu kang dragon fire. I feel like he could murderrr with him, that or cassie.
Thing is reo played cassie for a while... Guess he either wasn't having fun or didn't find her style suited him.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I still think you are a delusional fool who ought to stop spreading that old, false narrative.

Anyway, Kabal was broken for all the aforementioned reasons. One of the primary ones was his ability to turn a defensive situations into an offensive one using a canceled EX nomad dash.
You cannot shake my conviction bruh, if fought some good REO's wannabes in the MK9 carreer as well.

Even though Vagney tried his hardest to be the great Kabal Angola ever had, i got to say he was still behind Reo by a big margin, and i told him already that there were someone else who was playing a better Kabal than him who used to play against me on daily basis, he didn't took lightly.

Kabal was better than everyone even Skarlet, this is true, he could just do whatever he wanted and whenever he wanted and everyone was forced to read all his BS.

Just wish, i could've fought REO when he was at his prime (MLG) probably would still get bodied, but it would be one hell of a experience.

dwz_mk9

I could do this all day...
It's been pretty much said in this thread but he was the dumbest character in the game if someone had the executions to pull it off... To put it in MKX terms, imagine Pre nerf Tempest Lao + Pre nerf Boneshaper Shinnok + Summoner Quan Chi. Whenever you fought. a good one, you were in for a rough match no matter what character you played.

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
You cannot shake my conviction bruh, if fought some good REO's wannabes in the MK9 carreer as well.

Even though Vagney tried his hardest to be the great Kabal Angola ever had, i got to say he was still behind Reo by a big margin, and i told him already that there were someone else who was playing a better Kabal than him who used to play against me on daily basis, he didn't took lightly.

Kabal was better than everyone even Skarlet, this is true, he could just do whatever he wanted and whenever he wanted and everyone was forced to read all his BS.

Just wish, i could've fought REO when he was at his prime (MLG) probably would still get bodied, but it would be one hell of a experience.
dood no offense to your buddy at all, but his kabal is far behind a lot of Kabal's in states lol

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
dood no offense to your buddy at all, but his kabal is far behind a lot of Kabal's in states lol
That is true.

I said before, even to him, i faced a better kabal player daily basis on that time, Vagney was not that good though, even his gas blast wasn't that on point, and he cracked a lot in tournament settings against better players and couldn't keep the pressure up most of the time and ended up having a lot of execution problems.

Mirelson could do insanely low gas blast zoning, had better NDC mixup game and a much better neutral than vagney had, and better uses of flash parry, sadly on that time we never recorded long sets due the lag from the capture device #thankyoups4.

Anyway, that wasn't really the point, as long as Skarlet could keep at least one bar she could firm her existance in that MU
Things Skarlet had in advantage over kabal:
Small hitbox (negated 2ndc pressure up close)
Armor with 29 lasting frames, and extendable to 45 with the followups, she had nearly half second of armor
Her daggers could pick up persons out of knockdown, before the wakeup window becomes available

While every other character in the game, was weak against Kabal on either, zoning, or Rushdown, having him knockdown and keep him there was also problem due the flash parry.

Skarlet tools had mostly good to fight Kabal, she had a command dash, that with a bar had a very lasting armor and a lot of distance to cover
She could pick up characters of the floor
She could win characters by blocking correctly
And she had an anti-wakeup game.

So where everyone one had to respect flash parry, Skarlet could beat it, and condition him to doubt his reads, enough to get him to block on wakeup.

But before anything of that, a lot of Gas blast were coming, which was really hard to deal with, also, his pressure canceled into saw or the tornado slam was really dumb, really late on the life of the it was discovered that the pushback of the saw uplcose was -15, Skarlet could punish it on block as well so most of the Kabals stopped using it against her.

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
That is true.

I said before, even to him, i faced a better kabal player daily basis on that time, Vagney was not that good though, even his gas blast wasn't that on point, and he cracked a lot in tournament settings against better players and couldn't keep the pressure up most of the time and ended up having a lot of execution problems.

Mirelson could do insanely low gas blast zoning, had better NDC mixup game and a much better neutral than vagney had, and better uses of flash parry, sadly on that time we never recorded long sets due the lag from the capture device #thankyoups4.

Anyway, that wasn't really the point, as long as Skarlet could keep at least one bar she could firm her existance in that MU
Things Skarlet had in advantage over kabal:
Small hitbox (negated 2ndc pressure up close)
Armor with 29 lasting frames, and extendable to 45 with the followups, she had nearly half second of armor
Her daggers could pick up persons out of knockdown, before the wakeup window becomes available

While every other character in the game, was weak against Kabal on either, zoning, or Rushdown, having him knockdown and keep him there was also problem due the flash parry.

Skarlet tools had mostly good to fight Kabal, she had a command dash, that with a bar had a very lasting armor and a lot of distance to cover
She could pick up characters of the floor
She could win characters by blocking correctly
And she had an anti-wakeup game.

So where everyone one had to respect flash parry, Skarlet could beat it, and condition him to doubt his reads, enough to get him to block on wakeup.

But before anything of that, a lot of Gas blast were coming, which was really hard to deal with, also, his pressure canceled into saw or the tornado slam was really dumb, really late on the life of the it was discovered that the pushback of the saw uplcose was -15, Skarlet could punish it on block as well so most of the Kabals stopped using it against her.
me and reo grinded that mu and figured out all you do to beat skarlet is rush her down... u dont zone in that mu really. It's def 6-4 kabal, she does good but he can block on reaction to her armoring

Vithar

Evil but Honest!
I always see jokes about how broken Kabal was, but I've never seen an actual reason as to why he was broken. Can I get an in-depth explanation? Or better yet, is there a video showcasing everything he can do?
Before creating another Thread that floods this Site , you could just Google or Youtube and see.

coolwhip

Noob
Insane meter building, among about 2929292 other things.

EDIT: Lmao my original post read "reta*ded meter building" and it came out as retarded meter building. What the fuck?

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Insane meter building, among about 2929292 other things.

EDIT: Lmao my original post read "reta*ded meter building" and it came out as (soap bar in my mouth) meter building. What the fuck?
You don't know about the new censoring system on TYM? C*nt and R-word come out as (soap bar in my mouth) now.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
me and reo grinded that mu and figured out all you do to beat skarlet is rush her down... u dont zone in that mu really. It's def 6-4 kabal, she does good but he can block on reaction to her armoring
That's the point, Crimson Dash is a very powerful conditioning tool and really important in that MU the goal is to make you block, not her, once you block after seeing her flashing, then the fun part begins.

coolwhip

Noob
You don't know about the new censoring system on TYM? C*nt and R-word come out as (soap bar in my mouth) now.
That's bullshit man. Now every time I legitimately want to type the very common expression "soap bar in my mouth" people will think I said something offensive. For instance, if I were to say "last night, I was sleeping with a soap bar in my mouth" people will think I had intercourse with a mentally challenged person. Bullshit I tell you.

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
That's the point, Crimson Dash is a very powerful conditioning tool and really important in that MU the goal is to make you block, not her, once you block after seeing her flashing, then the fun part begins.
not really u just crouch.. gg