What's new

Why time controlling Kronika will never make sense and is a bad idea

Dr Jackal

Dr__Jackal
Well for me the story is for fun ^^ but :

This is one of the multiple theories regarding the time travel.
In this story we are dealing with Gods... So it's not a human perspective.

Every NRS game has to have time travel involved cause the writers at NRS studios suck ass and need a crutch like time travel to keep things mildly interesting.

That being said, I'd personally rather have the studio talent directed at coming up with new fatalities and such. That's more constructive and interesting than watching Sub Zero and Scorpion have a tea party and seeing evil Raiden which is pretty much the equivalent of evil Superman in the DC universe.

I hate when people act like they know how time travel works or what the rules are. Unless someone actually does manage to do that it's all speculation, hell you memory might get erased for doing that cause some things might have to happen no matter how much you want to change it.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Future me has just sent me a message, warning me that the plot of MK11 makes too much sense. Now I must take some stalwart TYM members to join me and stop mk11 from happening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ok so that future self of me just sent me a message backwards in time to warn me of a new thing, turns out what we really have to do is make sure MK11 basically becomes injustice 3, and the female faces can't ever be improved or else there will be dire consequences

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I hate when people act like they know how time travel works or what the rules are. Unless someone actually does manage to do that it's all speculation, hell you memory might get erased for doing that cause some things might have to happen no matter how much you want to change it.
Exactly, I mean hell if this confuses people imagine if they read comics? lol Especially Flashpoint or Days of Future past. There's so many things that make you say "huh?" from those stories to make your head spin. Like how Reverse Flash literally becomes a paradox, he dies and somehow always exists lol. Don't get me wrong I love DC comics and Flash, but I feel like they couldn't think of any other way to keep Eobard Thawne so they just said "ehh he's a walking paradox" lol

mattteo

Noob
While I disagree with OP about almost everything, you've completely misunderstood him on this point. He wasn't talking about whether Lost is a good show or not, or whether Lost's plot makes sense or not, he was talking about whether Lost's TIME TRAVEL made internal sense or not. And it did. The time travel on Lost was perfectly logically consistent. There were no paradoxes. No one ever went back in time to change the future. If someone went back in time, it was only to realize that they had always been back in time. There was never a version of the past without future-them hiding somewhere in it.

As for 12 Monkeys, OP clearly said he was referring to the film. Which also featured paradox-free, perfectly logical time travel.

Yes, this. I though I had made that perfectly clear.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
Nothing real/makes sense about this game for years you cant just punch someones face off or stab them through the hippocampus and just keep on mortal kombatting . The trick to understanding tome travel is to realize theres such a thing as artistic licence and i think ot applies in movies games etc.

SenSx

Noob
I probably won't like the story in this one.

Travel in time, meeting the younger selves, probably just an excuse to revive dead characters and re introduce the younger looks.
Story will get over-complexified.

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
Remember the theory of the MK universe being the One Being subconscious, or dreams. Everything would be possible if that were to be true.

I wonder who Kronika is, she might not be an Elder God. Oh, and this is different from MK4, Shinnok lost his head now, while after MK4 he was still ruling the Netherrealm and planing ways to attack the realms.

Im curious about what implications Kronika's nature will bring to the lore, and whether they can start fixing some of the problems the last 2 games created, or if they'll just create more.

To anyone, who is interested in timetravel movies:
Watch the movie "Predestination". Thank me later.
Thanks, I'll watch it. I would also like to recomend PRIMER. I think its the best time travel movie, but it's such mindfuck. You have to watch it a couple times.

Hold on, hold on. Why are we jumping all over this guy for THIS topic of all things?

I'd be rather interested in how the time travel will affect the story of the game and the characters and their past and future selves.

It's not a petition or a tier list or any of those type of threads, so what's the problem? It could be a fun discussion. Just because he thinks he won't work out that great doesn't make this a bad/complaining thread...
Because everyone is blindly defending the game to the point where even a topic for fun or speculations or just asking questions the first thing people do is immediately trash the guy who made it. I guess you can only praise the game and never make ANYTHING that can be seen as negative/criticizing. He doesnt have to play the games story to start a discussion.

Stop saying "It doesn't have to make sense" or "stop searching for the logic" because it's "a fantasy world" or "a universe with magic", it makes no sense. A world has to be consistent by its own rules, it's not because it has magic in it that you can do everything want and justify it by : "Shut up it's magic".

mattteo

Noob
Have you seen what these guys nitpick???

Everything wrong with Mortal Kombat 9:

Everything wrong with Mortal Kombat X:

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
To anyone, who is interested in timetravel movies:
Watch the movie "Predestination". Thank me later.
Holy shit, that was actually super good. And my head hurts.

At the 40 minutes mark I actually paused the movie and googled the title to make sure I got the right movie. I was like: "yeah, this is interesting, but what the hell does it even have to do with time travel?". Then a minute after I unpaused the story was over, and the trip started.

Also I loved how at that moment the barista version of the protagonist didn't answer to the writer version of itself asking if that was the best story he's ever heard.

So yeah, it's later now and I'll actually thank you. Are you me from the future? Sorry.

Thanks, I'll watch it. I would also like to recomend PRIMER. I think its the best time travel movie, but it's such mindfuck. You have to watch it a couple times.
Guess you're next.