What's new

General/Other Why do you play/main Jade?

GambitTheFirst

Just some bees, please.
I'm sorry Espio. There is no way in Hell I'm buying another NRS product.
You've been saying this kind of shit for ages, yet if you hate this game and NRS and how Jade plays and whatever else with MK9, then why do you still visit TYM?

I like you when you decide to post something worthwhile but a lot of the time you just make the Jade forums an unpleasant place to be and chase people away.

And now today you've decided to edit a couple of days old post of yours causing this thread that has nothing to do with the kind of shit you're moaning about (again) to just about get derailed. Why do you do these things?

GambitTheFirst

Just some bees, please.
On topic:

That's the funny thing with my mains and subs in MK9, I've never really liked any of them that much before using them. Mileena and Reptile are still my favourite MK characters. In fact, I HATED Jade for years because the computer was a right fucking cheater in UMK3 with her. Do any projectile? FLASH INTO FATTY COMBO. Get near her? THROWN OUT OF THERE.

But yeah, just like Sonya and Shang (both of which I picked up after Jade though), I just thought I'd give her a go in MK9 and it turned out she is really fun to play. Interesting normals incorporating the staff make for a rather unique playstyle, EX rangs make for fun setups, love how they made the staff extend out of the little handle she always carries, her win pose is BADASS, just to name a few things.

Also I do just have a thing for picking characters that not many people use in fighters (partly the reason I don't play Reptile and Milli anymore), and I actually enjoy the challenge if the main reason they're not popular is because they're not considered as good as other characters. They have to be fun to use though (e.g. pretty disappointed in MK9 Baraka after maining him in MKvDC), but lucky for Jade, she is really fun!

So not about character loyalty for me (Deception and Armagedon somewhat eased my hatred for her, but she definitely still wasn't a top choice). All about the enjoyment of playing her (and hopefully beating down dem top characters while I'm at it)!

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
You've been saying this kind of shit for ages, yet if you hate this game and NRS and how Jade plays and whatever else with MK9, then why do you still visit TYM?

I like you when you decide to post something worthwhile but a lot of the time you just make the Jade forums an unpleasant place to be and chase people away.

And now today you've decided to edit a couple of days old post of yours causing this thread that has nothing to do with the kind of shit you're moaning about (again) to just about get derailed. Why do you do these things?
Women.

Dann

Noob

But yes, if there was a "If you could sleep with one chick from MK, who would it be?" It'd be Jade for me. All the other girls are either A) Ugly as hell or B) Would eat my penis.
hahaha you should make this into a thread. That would be hilarious.

Marcus

Mortal Kombat Philippines / Injustice Philippines
I dont have a female main so I just chose who is the hottest of them all lol. Seriously though, Her playstyle suits me well. Her and Sonya's.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Because it's MK9's 1 year anniversary I thought I'd post the scan that revealed Jade for the first time:

Here is the Noob Saibot trailer with her first appearence:

And the tag team trailer reveling her X-ray:

Espio

Kokomo
I remember seeing those pictures and going, "Jade looks more regal and elegant than Kitana and Mileena". She's got that Edenian swag:cool:. The chain motif is so godlike.

The second video makes me want to make a Jade/Stryker tag team video.

Down 1 X-ray is sexy.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I don't play as her, but I think the Deception alternate was better than her unmasked version in that game. However, her unmasked version in Deception is way better than her unmasked in this game.

That said, my favorite costume is probably her default MK9 costume.

LolingOctopus

Modest and humble genitalia destroyer
theres a surge of jade players lately :X and here I wanted to be all hipster about it and stuff /jk

but seriously the reason I started playing seriously with her was simply because shes fun and different from most of the cast

LOL, you and me both bro, I'm actually considering using just her at Seasons Beatings in a couple weeks myself, I'm feeling daring:D.
Just do it!!!
lol, this is my second day re-using her, so i need to sharpen her up.

Kenshi is the only matchup where I feel it's just YUCK. lol

Espio

Kokomo
Jade reminded me of Kilik in SC thats why I picked her up.
This is ironic because I used Kilik's style when I made Jade in Soul Calibur :).

Just do it!!!
lol, this is my second day re-using her, so i need to sharpen her up.

Kenshi is the only matchup where I feel it's just YUCK. lol
And your Jade is still better than mine..lol:(.

Agreed, Kenshi is annoying as all hell, thankfully Stryker's roll toss and gun cancels throw off his gameplan, I'll try to fight a Kenshi with her, but I'm very worried about that match up.