What's new

Question Why aren't sweeps used much?

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
I like to sweep cause it puts me in for: meaty attempt, WA bait. It's rather tool that is not used often however I strongly believe that it is very character and opponent dependent. But yeah, it def has a good purpose for me.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
Johnny definitely gets use out of b4, among the ways already listed you can it use after 11 on block to keep people honest and stop them fuzzying f2

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
The sweep is an important tool for some characters such as Ninjutsu Scorpion as it is an armor breaker and safe on block and good pushback. Goro's b4 is quite useful as well thanks to ridiculous range. Again it depends on the character and not used by some despite a universal buff to making it safe across the whole cast. For some there are better options for characters to use the sweep as they get more out of it

Trauma_and_Pain

Filthy Casual
It's just not very strong for most characters. Does less than 10% damage and knockdown. Seems better just to low poke and then you can pressure/mixup with your poke advantage.

For some characters it is good. It has super long range for
F/T, so I do use it sometimes around max range.

Syzoth

The last Saurian from Zaterra - Syzoth - Reptile
As a Reptile player I only sweep on accident going for the f3 b4. Or the pounce. However a sweep is a free dash. I'm rambling. Don't see any advantage of a sweep over d4