What's new

Why 50/50 should never be used in tournaments

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
hecterrific
Would be great if we could get Zod on the 25th, at least even for season pass holders, that way we can use him in EVO!!! :)
If he is only released to season pass holders then that would mean many would not be able to play him or learn the MU, which would result in him being banned again. Only way he is going to be allowed is if he is released to everyone on the 25th.

ETC AdmiralAugustus

Grabble Frazzled
I still don't see how you have less of a 50% chance on the second go around. Also why can't loser just pick stage?

Edit: misread, still don't see why loser can't just get there choice.

testyourpatience

Ya'll stingy
random stage is probably better, but i'm just tired of everyone complaining about 50/50s and interactables and stages and blahh. beside, it's still possible for rooftop be to chosen randomly.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Why not this?

Each person bans one stage from the outset
First stage is either 50/50 or random (If random is chosen and a banned stage is selected, reselect)
At the end of the match, go to the character select screen
Winner gets to repick character (if they choose) FIRST
Loser then gets to repick character
Loser chooses the stage (but may not select the banned stage)

This is similar to what the smash community does (where stages can be very polarising) and answers the issues raised in this thread.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
That's complicated as fuck.

Just random that shit out. Bitch to NRS to adjust the interactives later.

Vogue

Noob
We won't know what's broken until its abused as hard as possible, 50/50 will make that happen much sooner haha. Can't fucking wait until Evo!

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Or even:
- first stage is random or 50/50
- loser picks next stage
- you can't pick a stage you've already won on in a set

If you can only win against someone on one particular stage that heavily favours your character, then you're not the better player in the set. It's bs that someone can potentially get metropolis first round, lose on the counter pick, then choose metropolis again. This encourage stage variety as well as mitigated overpowered stages. You can have your OP stage, but you can't a use it more than once per set.