What's new

Who would be the Best/Worst without EX Moves?

Swarm Queen being godlike is pretty self-explanatory.

Ruthless and Vicious F/T would be really, really strong as well. F/T is easily one of the least meter-hungry characters in the game, and as has already been mentioned in this thread, b121 into Ferra Toss pressure would be too good.

Mileena would be hilarious without EX Roll, and Shotgun Jacqui would be a lot less scary too (though her other two variations wouldn't be hurt too badly compared to the rest of the cast).

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Nah F/T would be fine without meter. When you are cornered by ruthless or vicious without The ability to armor out then you have literally lost. B121,oh ferra has no gap anymore so they can loop it on block and if you let yourself hit d3 will do the work for them. Imo in this meta they would so so well probably (except lackey)
B121 OH toss doesnt loop because Ferra isnt back in time but they would be very good overall. Vicious meaty Boss Toss on wake up would beat anything but blocking since armor isnt an option and Lackey would be free to play is crazy oki game without having to worry about armor and would still have armor on charge for no meter. Plus no armoring out of command grab/tick throws

Last edited:

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
B121 OH toss doesnt loop because Ferra isnt back in time but they would be very good overall. Vicious meaty Boss Toss on wake up would beat anything but blocking since armor isnt an option and Lackey would be free to play is crazy oki game without having to worry about armor and would still have armor on charge for no meter. Plus no armoring out of command grab/tick throws
Yeah that's true but it's still really good I mean After b121 ferra toss you don't have to Do b121 again. For example you can do d1 after it. On hit you can do b121 ferra toss again and on block you can tick throw and d3 afterwards. You can pretty much shut down every Option to get out of your pressure this would be really fucking cool haha

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
Ferra/Torr, especially lackey variation since he can armor through some stuff for free with his charge.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
I have been playing alot of MK2 at my local arcade and it really takes you back, there are no :ex Moves, Reversals, teching grabs, Runs, grabs etc...

So this has made me thinking if the game (MKX) stayed the same with stamina and every other option but without EX Moves (Or Any move with armor). Who would be the worst and the best character in MKX? For Example (Quan without :ex Runes) (Goro without :ex Punchwalk)

Best / Worst Characters:

Best: DM Sonya - DF Liu Kang - SQ D'Vorah, SG/HT Jacqui, BG Kotal

Worst: BS Shinnok, ALL Jason,

There are more I am sure, just not able to think of them right now. Fun topic nothing here should be taken to heart.
How would Kotal (even BG) be anywhere near good without his enhanced ex-throw? He'd have virtually no combos.

Azmodeus

The harder I work, the luckier I get
Warlock Quan would become variationless, Sorceror would become godlike, summoner would be unchanged.