What's new

Who will be the most annoying zoner?

... annoying zoning character in this game? With the addition of push blocking it seems the typical zoning character that lacks a good reversal will have a way to create some space.

anyways... i play Sim in AE and love calculated zoning characters. Anyone have any objective insight on this?

Tim Static

Adminerator
It would be safe to say the "gadget" characters would have the safest bet being a zoning style character. Batman, or Joker for instance. But once we hear from people who've gotten to play the game and/or about the time we get ours hands on it will be when we'll know for sure. Just a hunch tho.

Lazoruz

Closer to the coffin, but still kicking..!
There's to many ways to get in in Injustice. Most characters have ranged knock downs, or speed moves to get close so I think zoning will be to a minimum, but I pick Green Arrow for the top zoner then Death Stroke or Cyborg.

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
Probably Green Arrow from what I've seen.

Just on the basis that he has a large sheer amount of projectiles and can move while he does them.

A lot of characters apparently have setups but they can't really be considered zoners.

ya laz its hard to say until i get my hands on the game. and tim, i was thinking that too... like penguin or batman. i will need a few things... solid anti airs, zoning tools, a way out of the corner, things that lead to hard knockdows...

Tim Static

Adminerator
ya laz its hard to say until i get my hands on the game. and tim, i was thinking that too... like penguin or batman. i will need a few things... solid anti airs, zoning tools, a way out of the corner, things that lead to hard knockdows...
surprised you never tried to use Freddy in MK9, especially with Mario to help you. I love Sim in SF, and I loved watching Freddy's in MK9 :p

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Green arrow is the guy I think will be the top zoner. I'll be maining him it seems. Was hoping that superman, Wonder Woman or gl would be

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Mobile zoning is better than stationary shooting IMO. For that reason my boy Green Arrow gets my vote. There are some damned fine looking zoners in here with Cyborg, and Superman's lasers and all that, but they stand stock still when they go for it. GA can dash jump and all the while you can't even tell which angle he is aiming at. Thats gonna make him really fierece IMO as a zoner. Dashback shooting is gonna be a thing for me.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Either Cyborg or Harley are gonna be my go-go-gadget-chopper.
I'm kind of sad that the one guy I wanted most is of a grappler's playstyle I had no intention of playing :(.
At this point, it seems like Bane and Grundy are gonna be the Ermac and Kenshi of this game - what one can do will be really good, but the latter will simply have it better. By the looks of it, if I go grappling at any point, it's gonna be a tough choice between the character I dig, and the character it looks like is gonna be superior.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Have you people not seen Cyborg's Mobility? He has a damn move that he can zip line to either side of the screen and can shoot fireballs on the way down... Iaf them... do them on the ground. And he has those missiles that go close, mid, far.

I think that beats Arrow who can hold 1 arrow while he jumps around.

Green Arrow and Cyborg look annoying for sure.
Gonna play Nightwing, so I expect to have some problems with these two characters.

But np, ground-bolt-cancels FTW.

PLAYING TO W1N

Matt, i'm kinda feeling Harley Quinn on this one. Her gunshots are similar to dhalsim's moves in terms of hit location and seem to be of similar speed. basically you get better reach than dhalsim without exposing yourself to getting counterhit. She's got a stance move that lays her on the ground, letting her avoid fireballs and many other moves like yoga tower... except she can attack out of this stance as well as dash cancel out. from this stance she has an up/forward gunshot similar to Noob Saibot Upknee in mk9, as well as a cartwheel that attacks immediately in front of her and pops up for a juggle on hit like Sonya in mk9. I don't know if she has a solid mid-hitting projectile like Dhalsim HP, and I'm also not sure that she has any gunshots from the air to replicate a yoga sniper or something like that. So her game is going to be almost universally grounded, and defensive back jumps will be weaker than they would with Dhalsim.

she has a standing AA as well in the form of another gunshot; think raiden's shocker. seems pretty similar to that move. her zoning looks like it matches the calculated style you'd like; i got interested in her for the same reason.

In terms of getting out of the corner, beats me. I'm not sure if tantrum stance and/or cartwheel count as wake ups, so who knows if you can escape the corner with them? I'm also unsure of hard knockdowns she may or may not get, I haven't noticed any... but then again I haven't been looking for them either. Finally what she may lack in those two departments she gains in combo potential and crossup potential... she has a jumping kick that looks incredible for ambiguous crossup 50/50s. I'm honestly hoping that she's going to be a better Dhalsim but we'll see how she turns out at release.

Hope this was useful.

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
Harley Quinn sounds pretty top-notch from what FrothyOmen described.

Honestly so far it seems like there are a lot of characters in Injustice who would do awesome in the Zoning category. Even Solomon Grundy has something that can get you into a full combo from long distance.

Sinestro is pretty awesome. He plays a heck of a lot like Shang Tsung from what I saw with his projectile pop-ups.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
... annoying zoning character in this game? With the addition of push blocking it seems the typical zoning character that lacks a good reversal will have a way to create some space.

anyways... i play Sim in AE and love calculated zoning characters. Anyone have any objective insight on this?
I like how you think

follow me and we shall find he or she

I like my zoning, but I love my pressure, will be interesting to see if theres an analogy to Gouken(Fast projectiles, but weak ones, but many tools to approach).

I think the lanterns may yet prove to be formidable zoners(though Cyborg definitely has a little jumpback Akuma going for him), Sinestro has a little Peacock feel to him, depending on what angles that little orb can cover. That's a little too zone for me, but Hal might prove the more aggresive variant. Man only a few weeks and we can have that question answered. I wonder how Arrows zoning game will go if his Super remains unblockable, will he be able to catch someone landing from a jump with it?

Come on NRS, demo pls *wide eyes*