Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Black Adam

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Green Lantern

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

Shawi

Noob
I'm kind of stuck in limbo and want tym's advise. I've tried to play both MK and IJ with a rushdown approach, a zoning approach and by counterattacking. When I try rushdown, I ALWAYS get out rushdown'd, without fail. So instead I've tried to play with a bait and punish sort of style but it really isn't working.

I know how to play with Aquaman, Batman, Nightwing, Deathstroke, Superman, Green Arrow, Scorpion, Killer Frost, Black Adam, Grundy, Green Lantern and Shazam. I just can't seem to choose a character and stick with him (plus a secondary).

I want to play with a rushdown approach but realllllllly don't know who to play with. I main shazam but quite frankly I've had enough of that guy, he's too crap. If I should upload Shazam gameplay, maybe I can get some up in the Shazam forum.

I only have one match of gameplay on video, black adam, at a local scene and it's at this link, I dropped my combos at the end as he had clash (although should have dropped em much earlier lol)

LOL forgot to add, please no "play superman he's braindead f23 f23 f23" comments, THANKS!

Karyotic

Destiny leaves it's mark
If you're not all too concerned about tier's I'd say either Ares or Green Arrow are worth at the very least worth trying out for bit. Both characters are fun to play more so than a large portion of the cast IMO.

ELC

Scrublord McGee
When you say rushdown you mean frame traps or mix ups? Also how important is abare to ya?

Shawi

Noob
When you say rushdown you mean frame traps or mix ups? Also how important is abare to ya?
Well in MK9 for rushdown I played Johnny cage, so that'd be frame traps I guess. For mixup rushdown, I can't stand flash in this game, free 50:50 anytime you block anything that lead to 60% damage, just doesn't register in my mind as being acceptable.

Try Bane. He is a tank in close and has a few nasty frame traps. Also he has so many options in most situations. The constant high/low/throw mix up as long as you are within sweep range is pretty vicious.

Who knows. You might like him.

Sent from my Gameboy Color using Tapatalk 2

D

Deleted member 9158

Grundy, so you CAN SMASH ALL DAY LONG

But in all seriousness, if you want to get yourself into the game, Batman is a great starter option. As is superman (prepare for hatemail if you stick with supes tho)

Green Lantern is also easy to pick up. Been using him for 3 days now and I beat people all the time with him.

ELC

Scrublord McGee
What about nightwing?
tbh I know nothing bout NW. However Bats I can vouch for and he does have ridiculous frametraps with proper batmanagement. I guess he's a but more like Sonya than Cage though

Espio

Kokomo
Green Arrow, he's a very interesting character who seems to have solid pressure and decent mix ups, with the added benefit of some zoning thrown into the mix for more versatility.

Also, you should be sure to try some characters you haven't...you never know if your main will happen to be someone on the roster you didn't think you'd like or never put any time into taking seriously.

This has happened to me and others before, it's definitely worth a shot.