What's new

Who owns the Kombos?

Whenever I open chests in Zelda games I always hope no one else claims to own the contents inside so I can keep them. I purposely avoid watching Zelda playthroughs for this reason.
And the thread goes right over someone's head. I'm just glad we got this far before it happened.

Combos? Nobody owns them.

Newly discovered tech? Ehhhhhhh sometimes. Note the Ultra David option select, among many other tech discovered by specific players In a multitude of games.

Just... Just no. Stahp.
That's cute :)

Umvc3- Kubota escape glitch. Named after the player who discovered it. Tournament viable.

Sometimes a player is attributed to a piece of discovered tech. I am correct in stating this. I can come up with more examples if you'd like.

Euph0nic

Purple Glowy Stuff
no less than 8 succesful grabs per victory. 8 grabs or you're not playing euph0nic style, and could be called a narb.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Long story short I know that a lot of people here make combos and combo videos--myself included. But who owns them? I mean ownership in the sense that we here in the MK community credit them?

The reason that I ask is that sometimes when I am making a combo video I think "man, I hope this hasn't been done yet. I would hate to claim someone else's find". I purposely avoid watching other combo videos for this exact reason.

The question came up when I saw dizzy do one of "my" combos (I never posted). I know this isn't a huge deal but I would still like to hear everyone's input. So what do you guys think?
Let me give you the actual law standpoint on this.
1. Our ownership of our respective copies of MKX has an EULA to it.
2. This states that everything within the game belongs to their owners. WB entertainment or someshit.
3. The EULA allows you to make use of this media as long as it does not yield financial gain.
4. Exempt of financial gain are money matches played on this game, because you could be doing that on chess or with a soccer ball.
5. Everything you discover within the game, be that mechanics, art or otherwise, belong to their respective owners.
Ergo you have no rightful claim to anything in this game, whatsoever.

People who say "their combo" are angry children that need real problems in life.
Close this fucking thread before it blows up please?

MadPropz101

"I still got it...but not much of it"
Most of the time the combo that you come up with has already been done by someone else. I personally like to find them out on my own because i find it fun, but after a while i will check online to see if someone came up with something better.

2. This states that everything within the game belongs to their owners. WB entertainment or someshit.
3. The EULA allows you to make use of this media as long as it does not yield financial gain.
4. Exempt of financial gain are money matches played on this game, because you could be doing that on chess or with a soccer ball.
5. Everything you discover within the game, be that mechanics, art or otherwise, belong to their respective owners.

People who say "their combo" are angry children that need real problems in life.
If anyone blows this thread up (unsuccessfully of course) then they havent bothered reading it.

I definied ownership as credit within the community and nothing less or more. Still good to know the actual factual info though. Thanks.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
The reason that I ask is that sometimes when I am making a combo video I think "man, I hope this hasn't been done yet. I would hate to claim someone else's find". I purposely avoid watching other combo videos for this exact reason.
Easily solved: don't claim anything. It's ridiculous to pretend it's yours anyway especially since you have no way of knowing, it makes you look like a jackass, and if it ever does start getting mentioned with someones name attached to it, it will be the person who popularised it not the person who created it, because that is a lot more relevant. Also, deliberately avoiding other peoples videos for that reason makes no sense - if you don't know other peoples combos, you are far more likely to "claim" something that wasn't created by you.

Can I just use this thread to say how much I hate when people post combos and the thread title says "BY *insert the user name of the exact same dude who's posting that thread*"? This also applies for the title of videos on YouTube.

Like, dude, we get it. We know it's you. The OP has your name (and avatar!) right over it. Are you trying to help the community grow as a whole or are you just some kind of attention wh*r*?

Seriously, this stuff has been bothering me since the MK9 days.
I agree very much with this. I'd also like to add what's just as bad on the flip side of the coin, when someone posts a compiled video of good combos and there is that dude who responds in outrage that "these aren't YOUR combos" "wow you know this is actually _____'s tech", and maybe rattles off a list off who he percieves as the original creators of each (because at the end of the day he can't even possibly know for sure himself). Who gives a shit dude. The combo video is either relevant and helpful or it ain't, nobody cares who you think is the creator some string of input decisions on Kombat Pixels Ten is

Easily solved: don't claim anything. It's ridiculous to pretend it's yours anyway especially since you have no way of knowing, it makes you look like a jackass, and if it ever does start getting mentioned with someones name attached to it, it will be the person who popularised it not the person who created it, because that is a lot more relevant. Also, deliberately avoiding other peoples videos for that reason makes no sense - if you don't know other peoples combos, you are far more likely to "claim" something that wasn't created by you.

I agree very much with this. I'd also like to add what's just as bad on the flip side of the coin, when someone posts a compiled video of good combos and there is that dude who responds in outrage that "these aren't YOUR combos" "most of these are known" "wow you know this is actually _____'s tech". Who gives a shit dude. The combo video is either relevant and helpful or it ain't, nobody cares who you PERCIEVE as the creator some string of input decisions on Kombat Pixels Ten is
This entire thread was about gaging ettiquette for this sort of thing. I am seeking 0 recognition for anything. I was just trying to avoid conflict with other combo guys since I am new to this. Also, I avoid other people's combos for mutiple reasons which I already outlined in the posts before this one.

This isn't about me or my combos but the overall stigma related to creating these videos etc etc.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
Well, good etiquette would be maybe to watch just a couple of other players videos so you don't end up posting spam videos of combos well and truly established, months into the release of a game. Especially seeing as out of the only two reasons (after reading and re-reading this thread to make sure) that you ever gave for burying your head in the sand about it, the first still makes absolutely no sense and is actually a reason that you SHOULD be watching them, and the second one is just a personal issue that you have with other combos that could literally have no detrimental effect on your own just by making yourself aware of them. So probably worth considering, as the main thing I think everyone cares about going into a combo video, is fresh material not already being touched on over the last 2 months, rather than which online user name we are attributing button strings to.

Last edited:
Well, good etiquette would be maybe to watch just a couple of other players videos so you don't end up posting spam videos of combos well and truly established, months into the release of a game. Especially seeing as out of the only two reasons (after reading and re-reading this thread to make sure) that you ever gave for burying your head in the sand about it, the first still makes no sense, and the other one is just a personal issue that you have with other combos that could literally have no detrimental effect on your own just by making yourself aware of them. So probably worth considering, as the main thing I think everyone cares about going into a combo video, is fresh material not already being touched on over the last 2 months, rather than which online user name we are attributing button strings to.
I fundamentally disagree with you on watching other people's combos. I will watch tech but no need to watch their combos whenI can create my own and am more comfortable with my own. There is absolutely no argument here. Let it go.

Airvidal

"You play weird" It's called being unorthodox ;)

lol This guy went nuts....this thread's point is not about actual ownership lol We all know this game and its content belong to NRS/WB. You're waaay off.