What's new

Who is the most underrated character as of 9/20/2014

Who is the most underrated character as of 9/20/2014?

• Total voters

haketh

Noob
HAHAHAHAHAHA Okay. Hence why MM is a back up for shit MU's for you. A good character and player should not rely on such, but NRS prevails in that department. Defend him as much as you want. I love the character and using him, but he is complete and utter garbage against half of the cast.
So D44BAS, Wong, Daigo, Ricky, PrRog, Theo, ChrisG, Filipino Champ, MIT, PL, pretty much every Top Level ST player at this point, and countless other top players aren't good anymore? Having a sub is the way of competetive FGs after a certain point for most players that wish to compete at a high level.

BrobaChett

GODSTOMPER
So D44BAS, Wong, Daigo, Ricky, PrRog, Theo, ChrisG, Filipino Champ, MIT, PL, pretty much every Top Level ST player at this point, and countless other top players aren't good anymore? Having a sub is the way of competetive FGs after a certain point for most players that wish to compete at a high level.
Dick ride much? You still trying to get accepted by people on a forum? No, there is nothing wrong with having a sub. Your defensiveness of someone that isn't you is irrelevant, so stop speaking. I think it is good having a secondary, but when you claim a character is good when it is proven fact he is not that good is kind of frustrating.

Justice

Noob
Actually, that's mostly a North American thing. Hell, in Japanese tournaments, you're character locked.

haketh

Noob
Actually, that's mostly a North American thing. Hell, in Japanese tournaments, you're character locked.
Not all JP tournaments are character lock and a lot of JP players practice subs for when they come over here.

Dick ride much? You still trying to get accepted by people on a forum? No, there is nothing wrong with having a sub. Your defensiveness of someone that isn't you is irrelevant, so stop speaking. I think it is good having a secondary, but when you claim a character is good when it is proven fact he is not that good is kind of frustrating.
Who the hell am I dickriding? I'm just pointing out incorrect shit. Yeah NW has problems but he's not a total shitter in this game and having a sub with him for certain MUs isn't bad which you've flipped flopped on in two post.

How can Black Adam possibly be "underrated". He's the only honest and dirtless character that's somehow still considered top 10 despite having no legitimate stand reset vortex, no OTGs, no real mixups. And his zoning is under Deathstroke's levels (who's considered to be a mediocre zoner lol). LBSH Black Adam is like Deathstroke but with less air control and without his + mixups up close.

But hey those 45% combos, +3 strings and trait grabs are really serious I guess. He's the most fraudulent character in the top 10 conversation and he is "justly rated" imo. Rico Suave is just godlike patient and has really strong fundamentals.

But Black Adam is MK9 Stryker tier (btw Stryker was top 10 in MK).

Last edited:
Nightwing is legit one of the worse characters in this game. I dropped the Flash and picked him up and traded in high damage rush down for getting bodied by interactables no matter which stance you're in. This character is garbage in a game of gimmicks and 50/50's. Thanks for making him complete and utter shit, NRS.
Or maybe your dick just isn't big enough. NW does not 100% rely on his gimmicks.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
Everyone knows the Flash is good but I still think he's very underrated.
Lol at people actually voting killer frost as underrated

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
We'll this didn't take long before it spiraled into a "typical" Nightwing thread.

Zatanna/Sinestro/Killer Frost are under rated to me. Probably cause they're aren't that many people that play those characters in tourney and do well. When you see a character do well in tourney people like to say this character is good look they placed! Instead of looking at tools and match ups.

IMakeItL00kC00L

Do not provoke a god
I voted zatanna because she has really good keepaway and she also has setups out the ass when she touches you. Her only problem is that she has poor representation (meaning few people play her). I would put raven and deathstroke behind her as far as characters that are underrated but we've seen more of what they can do because of mit/slips and ducky/glass sword respectively

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8
How can Black Adam possibly be "underrated". He's the only honest and dirtless character that's somehow still considered top 10 despite having no legitimate stand vortex, no OTGs, no real mixups. And his zoning is under Deathstroke's levels (who's considered to be a mediocre zoner lol). LBSH Black Adam is like Deathstroke but with less air control and without his + mixups up close.

But hey those 45% combos, +3 strings and trait grabs are really serious I guess. He's the most fraudulent character in the top 10 conversation and he is "justly rated" imo. Rico Suave is just godlike patient and has really strong fundamentals.

But Black Adam is MK9 Stryker tier (btw Stryker was top 10 in MK).
The dive kick 50/50s are too real.

Jeffreys

Grundy think you handsome!
Deathstroke

Most of his matchups are decent and doesnt have a 3-7 matchup or worse

Best Counter Zoner

Has decent footsies, movement

multiple hit projectile to go through any armor

Really cool art style/concept

The ONLY knock against deathstroke is that his trait is terrible, but I have seen some concept ideas that make use of his trait upclose

M2dave wanted DS to be like Freddy in MK9 which was stupid because Freddy was OP as shit, its a great character that doesnt have lopsided matchups and forces you to be a well balanced FG player to play him- Example: Slips

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8
Deathstroke

Most of his matchups are decent and doesnt have a 3-7 matchup or worse

Best Counter Zoner

Has decent footsies, movement

multiple hit projectile to go through any armor

Really cool art style/concept

The ONLY knock against deathstroke is that his trait is terrible, but I have seen some concept ideas that make use of his trait upclose

M2dave wanted DS to be like Freddy in MK9 which was stupid because Freddy was OP as shit, its a great character that doesnt have lopsided matchups and forces you to be a well balanced FG player to play him- Example: Slips
You forgot to put that his corner setups are bonkers.

Reactions: TKB