What's new

Who is the most defensive character in MKX?

I have the BEST defensive options in MKX

• Lao

Votes: 32 16.9%
  • Tanya

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • Kano

Votes: 16 8.5%
  • Kotal

Votes: 18 9.5%
  • Cassie

Votes: 12 6.3%
  • Devorah

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Ermac

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Goro

• Erin Black

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Ferra Torr

• Cage

• Jax

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Jason

• Jacqui

• Kenshi

Votes: 11 5.8%
  • Kitana

Votes: 12 6.3%
  • Kung Jin

• Kang

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • Mileena

• Predator

Votes: 10 5.3%
  • Quan

Votes: 11 5.8%
  • Raiden

• Reptile

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Scorpion

• Shinnok

Votes: 17 9.0%
  • Sonya

• Takeda

• Tremor

Votes: 17 9.0%

• Total voters

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Besides sub, who may seem like an obvious choice, I want to know who the community thinks defines this play style the best. This isn't a "who is the best character poll" btw. I do not want rush down or 50/50s or corner carry or frame traps to be considered.

Please consider the following ;)

When opponent is close
1) reversals
2) armor
3) pressure escape

When opponent is far or in footsie range
4) space control-normals and safe specials
5) zoning

If your choice is variation specific, please specify.

Imo, BS Shinnok has very solid defence, both Shoulder and Scoop are good reversal that can link to full combo(even though unsafe). Scoop is quite good for anti zoning. His fireball and hellsparks are great for zoning and anti air, sparks can be made safe and at full screen fireball is fast and spammable

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
No one comes close to Sub Zero really, I guess Commando/Cybernetic Kano, but he is just mid tier.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
Blood God Kotal. He has to play his obsidian totem game perfect and be more agile than most when applying his defense, due to a lack of reversal options.

It's seems odd, but the fact that he gains meter on block when o totem is up, and one combo from him leads to 60%+ makes him scary. Especially since if kotals totem game is on point, the opponents combos will be doing SHIT damage.

I'd say Crystalline Tremor has to be up there. The DD1 armor special is quite impressive at taking away offensive options of your opponent... just like an ice clone.

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
Lao. Orbit, Spin, and teleport are wonderful defensive options. Spin for rushdown fools and AA(best in the game), orbit for rushdown fools and teleport reads, teleport for horrible spammers and rushdown fools.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
In terms of straight-up D, its Cassie. If you count anti-zoning, its Mileena.

The Celebrity

Professional Googler
Cybernetic Kano.

Best backdash, very solid footsie game, fastest reversal in game (tied with cassie), a hard-knockdown ender that puts the opponent full-screen, 2 anti-air specials and one of the best anti-air normals in the game (B1), etc... He's pretty damn stacked with defensive options, all he's missing is a clone.

Only other person I'd consider is Blood God Kotal, but honestly he's in his own category. I can't really say the character with 0 reversals/wakeup options has the best defensive options. With that said, he might be the best defensive character, but he definitely doesn't have the best defensive options.