What's new

Who is the most average?

SonicBoomBrad

Best Doomsday in the world
Honestly, probably Catwoman.
Does ok damage, has ok mobility, has ok footsies, has ok means of getting around projectiles and an average approach.
I look at her and all I see are 5-5s
Except for the fact that every combo she gets is unclashable past the first 3 hits and does at least 39% with a mid screen wake up reverse right after. And her jumping 2 is probably one of the best jump normals in the game. Not saying she's top 5, but she's definitely very very underrated.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Except for the fact that every combo she gets is unclashable past the first 3 hits and does at least 39% with a mid screen wake up reverse right after. And her jumping 2 is probably one of the best jump normals in the game. Not saying she's top 5, but she's definitely very very underrated.
True but she also has no projectile, 39% isn't too shabby, and j.2 is a plus but she has flaws such as a need for the same 3 start-ups to her combos, low range, pretty big wind-up on some attacks, and not everything she has is necessarily safe. She also doesn't have too much for wake-up, especially against armor-heavy opponents.

McTease

Nay.
People saying Gl lol

Gl is fighting for 5th in top 5 IMO
Mind you, that doesn't necessarily mean he's not balanced.

Sure he has tools that give him the edge but not to the point where it's considered too good. I honestly don't think his pros outweigh his cons and vice-versa.

But who has the least amount of pros and the least amount of cons?
That is tough because usually tier lists are based on whether a character has bad match-ups or not, particularly against other popular characters. A lot of the 'average' cast members have some problems with some match-ups, often against Superman or Black Adam. I'd say the 'average' character has issues with one or both of these two, or one of the other top tiers. From what I've seen, a character who had nothing but 5-5 match-ups would be considered 'better' than a character who has 20 match-ups that are 7-3, but 4 match-ups that are 3-7, particularly if they are 3-7 against someone like Batman who is bound to be in a tournament.

If in my low-level player estimation I had to pick one, I might suggest Green Arrow. Chris G has shown that Green Arrow can handle pretty much any character in the roster, although this is usually attributed to Chris G being a phenomenal player, not because Green Arrow is particularly special. He seems to be able to hold his own against just about anyone without necessarily being a dominant force either. Heck, the archer can handle Doomsday's rushdown, that is saying something. In spite of Chris G doing well consistently with Green Arrow, Green Arrow is not considered even a top 10 character AFAIK. I don't think anyone else is maining him at the high levels. No one playing Green Arrow is accused of tier-whoring, that is for sure. Another benefit is that there is a lot of source material to watch on how to play him, namely Chris G tournament videos. My $.02.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
That is tough because usually tier lists are based on whether a character has bad match-ups or not, particularly against other popular characters. A lot of the 'average' cast members have some problems with some match-ups, often against Superman or Black Adam. I'd say the 'average' character has issues with one or both of these two, or one of the other top tiers. From what I've seen, a character who had nothing but 5-5 match-ups would be considered 'better' than a character who has 20 match-ups that are 7-3, but 4 match-ups that are 3-7, particularly if they are 3-7 against someone like Batman who is bound to be in a tournament.

If in my low-level player estimation I had to pick one, I might suggest Green Arrow. Chris G has shown that Green Arrow can handle pretty much any character in the roster, although this is usually attributed to Chris G being a phenomenal player, not because Green Arrow is particularly special. He seems to be able to hold his own against just about anyone without necessarily being a dominant force either. Heck, the archer can handle Doomsday's rushdown, that is saying something. In spite of Chris G doing well consistently with Green Arrow, Green Arrow is not considered even a top 10 character AFAIK. I don't think anyone else is maining him at the high levels. No one playing Green Arrow is accused of tier-whoring, that is for sure. Another benefit is that there is a lot of source material to watch on how to play him, namely Chris G tournament videos. My $.02.
Holy hell, GA is so average I forgot he even existed in this game.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
This thread is going places.

Doomsday and Deathstroke are both very good contenders for the most average characters. They can both win any of their matchups - correct me if I'm wrong, DD players - and don't have any major advantages either, except for DS vs. HG.

Iustinus

Deus Fulminatus
Mind you, that doesn't necessarily mean he's not balanced.

Sure he has tools that give him the edge but not to the point where it's considered too good. I honestly don't think his pros outweigh his cons and vice-versa.
That would be a pretty altogether average assessment if accurate.

-Deadman-

Getting better with age
If you want a "middle of the road" character, I give the nod to Raven.
She's good at what she does, and no one is going to cry about nerfing her and be taken seriously

Limelights

"The smart stuff"
Deathstroke is average. So incredibly average it makes me want to rip my dick off and eat it.

But no, really...average at everything.