What's new

Who do you struggle against the most?

HangNail

TrevarThePastor
So, after playing MK since its launch, i realized something. Theres characters in this game i just can't get around. And i just don't know why. And i was wondering who do other people hate fighting?

My top 3 characters that get me salty are:
1.Sub-zero (his ice clones and zoning get me every time, its just me)
2. Kung lao (We all saw that coming)
3. Quan chi (yea this is a weird one, but when there's a good Quan up against me i can't do anything. Can't zone him becasue of his teleport and his inputs make blocking irrelevant)

And please don't start a flame war of who's cheap and who's not. Take it elsewhere. This can helpful with people who are struggling against characters and just who people don't have the strategies quite mastered (like me -___-). If this thread does result in flame i'll take it down.

Reedoms

Noob
As a Noob Saibot player Mileena is probably one of my worst matches. I hardly ever beat them. I've got plenty of matchup experience but it always ends up with me getting taken for a wild ride.

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
With Smoke:
1. Kung Lao (Teleport 3...Arrrrrrrgh)
2. Johnny Cage (****ing frametraps)
3. Raiden (Smoke doesn't have a long-ranged, quick string to deal well with the teleports)

This is all online, where the above characters actually benefit btw. Wouldn't know how I'd fair offline.

With Kenshi:
1. Reptile (Very hard to zone, reach, and keep away)
2. Kung Lao (Teleport 3......Arrrrrrgh)
3. Kabal (Same as Reptile. He zones me out too).

With Freddy:
1. Mileena (Worst possible matchup for him....period. Can't zone, can't punish properly, can't freakin' rushdown, etc.)
2. Kung Lao (Teleport 3......arrrrrgh).
3. Smoke (Eh...only because I can't zone with anything except ground spikes, but I manage. Just gotta rushdown more).

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Quan Chi - dem mindgames and unblockable runes
Kung Lao - this dude can do it all and adjust on the fly
Sub Zero - changes the dynamic of the match, I jump into WAY too many clones too
Kabal - that ridiculous zoning and pressure
Scorpion - y u guess wrong brain?! Dem vortexs
Kitana - FFFFUUUUU!
Liu Kang - Block low high high, low high high, low high high; fuck I didn't block low high high! WAH HU HAHHH!
Raiden - gets old brah, gets old.
Reptile - Yes, my own characters annoy me to face against!
JC - You're a dick to play against, but you're fun TO play.
Kano - Guile mode, engaged. Seriously, I lose to the most braindead Kanos.
Cyrax - AGHHHHHHGGHGHGHHHHHHHHGHGHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Mileena - Hey I'm just gonna stand here...and I'll uh duck under your sais; cuz if I move you're just going to fuck me up.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Online Kano's are impossible to kill.
THIS. Jesus christ, I have better luck against Reptile online than I do against Kano.
Raiden's pretty fucked up, too, but I've been doing considerably better than before with Cyrax. D1's and catching Supermans in the Teleport window = Box doesn't die as often.

In general, Scorpion's always tough as I can never seem to guess right against him...Jax is a fucking brick wall of suffering waiting to unleash his metal wrath on my face...Cyrax mirrors make me realize why so many people who play this game despise Cyrax...Shang is pretty tough, but if your opponent sticks around long enough to download their matchup, you can pick him apart if they stick too close to their guns, but it is NOT often I run into Shang online...Kung Lao is still a douche, but nowhere near as bad as before...

I gotta give it to Mileena, though. There are few things in this game scarier than a well-tuned Mileena.
Kabal is BAD news, but at least most times, it comes down to reading between his NDC mixups and getting underneath him, whereas Mileena...well, she's got about 15 different ways she can come at you, and none of them end well.

Dann

Noob
i use kabal but i've never been able to learn the kung lao match up. I still lose to kung laos all the time. online the characters i hate fighting the most are sindel, kung lao, and kano

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
Not in any order

1. Smoke, I feel locked down when fighting smoke. The tele FR advantage after EVERY SINGLE COMBO. Its practicly one big reset to me. Not to mention non stop smoke bombs that lead to infinit meter.

2. Nightwolf, but only if there good. I have a friend on my list who only uses NW and onther than using Noob I can hardly beat the guy. NW at full screen = a loss for me.

3. Kitana, if im not using Sektor or Noob I am ablsolutly screwed. Nothing I can do to this charecter.

4. Sub-Zero, ahhh... Nuff said.

And I though I would add another section to my post, charecters I have onced hated and learned to beat (most of the time)

1. Mileena, oddly enough I love fighting mileena with CSZ nowadays. I got really good at ice cloning her EX tele, getting high damage off blocked tele's and roll's and up close I have advantage, if I can get in that is.

2. Scorpion, once I picked him up I had had a much easier time fighting this guessing game.

3. Liu kang, ever sence I picked up Sektor I have been having a much easier time with him.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Id have to say, Mileena, Kitana, Reptile and Kabal. I know its out of sheer lack of MU experience, but shit man. Seems like these are ALWAYS an uphill battle for meh poor subz. >_>

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
I hate to admit it, but sindel. I can never catch her even when I'm finally in her face, shes so annoying to fight for me. Probably just lack of match-up knowledge though, barely anyone plays her.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Online (IMO all 5-5's or Kit adv offline):
Kano - Upball practically safe
Reptile - Dash practically safe, not to mention he already shuts down Kitana's zoning
Ermac - If I don't get my perfect iaf to keep that pressure on him I'm screwed in the zoning. TK moves can blow up f2,1 and jumping.
Johnny Cage - No matter how hard I mash d1 to poke out of pressure, he'll still keep me in his frame traps

Otherwise:
Sektor - Have to be very careful in the zoning war and can be very tricky to get in on if they have a good defensive game
Kabal - iagb pressure, mixups that lead to more iagb pressure if you guess wrong. not as bad for kitana as i used to think, but still very tough.
Sindel - This is more difficult than most people seem to think. Low fireball kills zoning and you always have to be cautious of cartwheel's up close. She also has better up-close potential than previously thought.
Kenshi - Most difficult matchup, IMO. Very difficult to get in on; Kitana's only armored move doesn't get armor until the forward motion, so instant air ex squareboost isn't an option. One mistake up close and you're back at fullscreen.

CJKRattlehead

Two men enter, one man leaves!
Online:
Kano - Upball practically safe
Reptile - Dash practically safe, not to mention he already shuts down Kitana's zoning
Ermac - If I don't get my perfect iaf to keep that pressure on him I'm screwed in the zoning. TK moves can blow up f2,1 and jumping.
Johnny Cage - No matter how hard I mash d1 to poke out of pressure, he'll still keep me in his frame traps

Otherwise:
Sektor - Have to be very careful in the zoning war and can be very tricky to get in on if they have a good defensive game
Kabal - iagb pressure, mixups that lead to more iagb pressure if you guess wrong. not as bad for kitana as i used to think, but still very tough.
Sindel - This is more difficult than most people seem to think. Low fireball kills zoning and you always have to be cautious of cartwheel's up close. She also has better up-close potential than previously thought.
Kenshi must be a problem for Kitana right?

With Raiden I have slight problems with Reptile and Ermac, and with NW and Ermac i have problems with Noob.

leek

Noob
I hate to admit it, but sindel. I can never catch her even when I'm finally in her face, shes so annoying to fight for me. Probably just lack of match-up knowledge though, barely anyone plays her.
Sindel and Mileena.

Sindel is such a hard match for me :/ it's not as simple as dashing in, with a competent Sindel.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
[MENTION=8319]FOREVER KING[/MENTION].....

oh... wait

in all seriousness... Mileena ... she is almost un-punishable online.

Kano is up there as well... up ball is just... a pain.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Online, due the restriction of "time input" for commands, delay, lag, etc .... playing against good Raiden, Kung Lao and Ermac players , sometimes, it's nightmarish .... one mistake and you are crushed to death , hehe :D

Recently, have been losing to some online Kenshi players, due the keepaway defensive style some players use him, and, it's hard to approach, Kenshi is a great zoner, and can create a virtually "barrier" between him and you, very hard to overcome without receiving damage on the way