What's new

Question - Dragons Fire Who can do iAFB?

red team gone

blue team go!
Really want to know what I'm doing wrong on an xbone pad. I use dragon's fire, is the iafb the same across variations?

I can do them pretty consistently with the xbone pad dpad. I just input quarter circle motion (up back) then just forward 1. I can do the corner combo that requires 4 iafb's. Takes mad practice but its doable.
Thats really good to know. I might try that instead of my method, it seems like yours would be more consistent

After some practice, I thimk you can now add me to the list of pad users who can iafb.

Btw, flame fist gets some big meterless damage from it.

if you like and want to see the highest damage combos i found for dragons fire and flame fist too date . go to youtube channel "xarakamaka mkx" :)

Virtus

Noob
I use an xbox one controller. A trick I've been using is to hold forward when pressing 1. It makes it easier for me, and it may help others out. I haven't seen anyone mention this yet, so I thought I'd share.

I can do them pretty consistently with the xbone pad dpad. I just input quarter circle motion (up back) then just forward 1. I can do the corner combo that requires 4 iafb's. Takes mad practice but its doable.
Let it be known that thus far this method works best for me on a DS4

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
My method is similar to Freddy9661 but instead of actually inputting a quarter circle I hit up then I try to float my thumb over to back then forward really quickly. I usually end up hitting Freddy's u,ub,d,f input or u,b,db,f or u,b,db,d,f. Either will give me what I want and it's working for me.

My method is similar to Freddy9661 but instead of actually inputting a quarter circle I hit up then I try to float my thumb over to back then forward really quickly. I usually end up hitting Freddy's u,ub,d,f input or u,b,db,f or u,b,db,d,f. Either will give me what I want and it's working for me.
This is my method also

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Is it even possible to do instant air on stick? Gamerbee seems to get it own with adon
I can do it somewhat consistently on stick. The method I use is the same I used in MK9 for IAFB as long as the motion is a B,F notation.

I hit U/B and roll the stick to D/F. So the input would be U/B,B,D,D/F+button. I'm sure this isn't the optimal motion, but it's what works for me. I'm thinking U/B,D/F+button would work as well, considering the game will read that as B,F anyway.

I've almost mastered it. There's no trick to it, you just need to input BF1 extremely fast after pressing U.

I'm using the FC4 - which has been a life changer - and now my d-pad inputs are flawless (none of that accidental diagonal BS). I can't imagine what it's like using the DS4, it's got such a garbage d-pad. If your inputs are causing you problems, you'll need to work on that first. You may need a new controller.

Anyone who says they're doing iaFBs consistently on a first-party controller has to be a comedian.