What's new

Who are your main(s) now and then?

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
If people would have told me I'd main all 3 of Kano's variations and HB Kitana a year ago, I would have laughed in their face.

I have a lot of fun with both Kano and Kitana (maby if Cassie was spelled Kassie I'd still play her), and that's the most important thing to me. And troll potential. Troll potential is really important.

Who's your main(s) now and then? Did you go through the entire cast? (no shame in that). Did you one and done all DLC chars? Did you stick with one of 'em? Tell us your dirty secrets.

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
Was a Cassie main just like you but I eventually got bored of her playstyle
Moved on to mean streak Kabal which I still like to play from time to time because cancels are just super fun but so hate to loose the ability to break away for the majority of the match
Now I play AoK Joker most of the time because you can get really creative with his conversations and setups. For that reason I wanted to pick up Buzzed dvorah but not having a somewhat fast mid is a big nono for me.

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
I played Kung Lao at launch until Kotal Kahn got his first buffs. I played him and Nightwolf exclusively for a long while. Then I realized my Kotal was pretty decent but I was starting to play by hoping people would get hit by things and decided to play some new characters to get myself out of the flowchart.

I've mostly been playing Baraka since then. Hes very rewarding to play, but there are some matchups I struggle with. Also some Kabal and Kollector. I'm okay with them ig.

I plan on playing one of the Aftermath characters when it launches

Demon_0

RIP Akira Toriyama
Mained Sub-Zero from day one and stuck with him. I'll probably keep using him. I use Shao Kahn as my second main from time to time but want to learn a new character. Not sure who, though.

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
During Both Betas, I played as Scorpion Skarlet and Jade

then I played Frost
then i played Cassie
then I tried everyone, landed on Kung lao
Then I was doing a tournament with fam, we chose no mirrors allowed, and my younger cousin chose to main Kung Lao, so I Moved to jade/Noob/Baraka
soon I will be maining Aang- I Mean Fujin

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
Johnny will always and forever be the Alpha and the Omega until they release Mileena but god DAMN I didn't expect Joker and Sindel to be so much fun!

Last edited:

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
Day 1 Kotal Kahn and still playing him now. Though I hopped around on release when Kotal wasn't as good, tried some Johnny, Shao and Geras but didn't get anywhere.

Trying to branch out to some other characters again. I'm currently giving Baraka some time and thinking I'll try some Sonya as well.

NHDR

Noob
I used Ascension Kotal at first, but since getting more comfortable with the game, I added Dirtbag Kano, who is now my main. So I main Kano, use Kotal as a sub, and am also playing Erron Black (52KP and Barking Irons) on the side.

I prefer the character and gameplay of Kotal over Kano, but Kano's game play and options suits me a bit better. Also, not as reliant on wave dash so much easier to execute.

Hebrew Negro

KingofBosz97 XBL
I was a day 1 Kollector main for four months until he got buffed in August, then I switched to Raiden. When 3rd variations came out, I mained Ringer Jax for a solid month before switching to D'vorah where I've been ever since.

I've dabbled with New Era Geras this whole time. I would've mained him day 1, but he was too good and I don't like playing top-top tiers.

kantboy-2

Ripper
Command grab Kano day 1.

Command grab Kano today.

I still think Dirtbag is best because his acid/molotov moves were designed with each other in mind.

I started playing more Baraka when my kustom actually became variation #3.

Scyther

Mortal Kombat-phile
Then: Jade, Sonya, Liu Kang, Shao Kahn

Now: Still Sonya and Liu Kang, but I've picked up Raiden, Kano, Skarlet, Sindel and Scorpion too and I've dropped Jade and Shao Kahn, which I still lament.

Unfortunately, I found Jade too underpowered to compete with, and while Kahn could get some good damage in, he just felt a little too clunky and his big damage felt like it required far more effort in proportion to what you got in return. As for the others I like, I've tried to lab with Kitana and Cetrion, but I found the former too difficult to pull off decent combos with (at least for me) and the latter just feels too boring. Cassie is another character that I'd love to play, but she also feels a little too difficult when trying to pull off her moves. Same with Shang Tsung and Frost. I have found some success with Joker, but given his strong suite of tools, I think just about everyone could find some degree of success with him lol

Everyone else on the roster just doesn't really pique my interest as much. Kabal, Jax, Johnny, Nightwolf, Noob, Subby, D'Vorah, Terminator, Kotal, Kung Lao, Baraka, Erron Black, Kollector, Geras, and Spawn either have move sets that are not my cup of tea in terms of play style, or the character themselves just don't speak to me on an asthetic level.

Which is fine, I can't expect to like and feel comfortable with every character. I just wish I did with with a select few that aren't currently my favorite fighters. :p

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
Started Jade and Noob.
Went thru Jade, Skarlet, very briefly played with Scorp, Liu.

Now it's Noob, Kollector, HB/FF Kitana

Still trying to learn Kano, Bone Picker, but it takes me forever.

I never purposely drop characters. If I stop playing with someone it's because I forgot their moves.

Liu Kang - Johnny Cage - Cetrion for a quick sec - Kollector for a quick sec - Kung Lao for a min - Shang Tsung - Nightwing 3rd variation struggle - Kotal Khan - Shao Khan

In fighting games, the very first character I learn is the only character whose moves I won't forget. So, I can always switch to Liu Kang.

Sets go like this...Win both matches with Shao Khan or Lose first match with Shao Khan. Get teabagged. Switch to Liu Kang. Return said teabag and throw a lil fatality on top.

mastermalone

Use only logic, please
Started with Jacquie out of spite when all of you spit on her in the beginning.
Started playing Frost since she was my main in the first 3D MK.
Started playing Sindel who I find really interesting to use.

I now main Frost 2nd variation and I play the other two when match ups require them.

Zviko

Noob
I think there are around 10 characters I haven't even touched yet while I played at least 50 online matches with all the others. That said, after over 1 year I still don't have a main. I play 1 character then switch to someone else after a week then to another one and eventually come back full circle. Which is great cause it seems like I'll never get bored of it.

My most played are Hattricks Lao, Soul Eater Shang, Thunder Wave Raiden, Arachnophobia D'Vorah, Splitting Hairs Sindel.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
My most played are Skarlet, Sonya, Kitana and Raiden.

I used to play Cassie a lot in MKX, but in MK11 she's kinda bad and boring. My variation of choice in MKX was Brawler, and now I cannot do anything close to that. Besides, I hate the dron. Who thought that was a good idea?

Erron Black was fun to use in MKX too, now he's terrible and I don't think I'd do his characters towers lol it was already a pain getting his arcade ending.

Very early: Noob. I thought he looked cool. MK11 was the first fighting game I took seriously, so I picked up Noob thinking he was cool and learned some combos. Once I actually learned how the game works, I quickly realized that it's not that straightforward to use him.

Then: Marauder Baraka. This is my main at this point, and I know him like the back of my hand.

Now: I'm kind of in a discovery phase, so I've been playing lots of characters. Burning Specter Scorpion, Spring Cleaning Cetrion, Buluc Kotal, Highborn Kitana, The One Spawn, Matoka Warrior Nightwolf. What I've been doing is making sure to play each season of KL with only characters I haven't meaningfully played with before.