What's new

Video/Tutorial - A-List Whiff punishing Johnnys F3

llabslb

R1D1_998
Thank you, drops mic. I rest my case. We have enough cry babies in this game we need to go in the opposite direction. We need battle hardened kombatant's who will lab and punish not cry and nerf.
Thank you. I would like to comment on the communities new mentality when it comes to playing the game but I don't want to derail the thread.

GOOD DRAGON

Awesometacular
Yeah you got to do it as a read like a SF whiff punish
I see what your saying but you don't really need to do it on a read as you know its coming. As long as you just stay outside the range of the f3 hitbox or walk back as he approaches you can punish it everytime.

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
I see what your saying but you don't really need to do it on a read as you know its coming. As long as you just stay outside the range of the f3 hitbox or walk back as he approaches you can punish it everytime.
Yeah but if you hover around that range waiting to wiff punish f3 wouldn't you will start wating shadow kicks insted?

GOOD DRAGON

Awesometacular
f3rc d4, oh shit nice whiff punish dawg.
That can only be done max range but guess what it doesnt work on mid punishes and it doesn't work on overhead punishes it also doesn't work from the range demonstrated in the end of the video - as you see in the video he shows that even before you can whiff cancel it into another string you get punished. So... ye if you know what your doing F3 whiff cancel doesn't work at all

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
That can only be done max range but guess what it doesnt work on mids punishes and it doesn't work on overheads punishes it also doesn't work from the range demonstrated in the end of the video - as you see in the video he shows that even before you can whiff cancel it into another string you get punished. So... ye if you know what your doing F3 whiff cancel doesn't work at all
If anyone is a maniac and just throws f3 out in a midscreen spot like that, knowing it won't connect, they deserved to get whiff punished.

Can even bait the whiff punish with f34. Or everyone could just NJP, the best way to whiff punish any f3 string.

GOOD DRAGON

Awesometacular
If anyone is a maniac and just throws f3 out in a midscreen spot like that, knowing it won't connect, they deserved to get whiff punished.

Can even bait the whiff punish with f34. Or everyone could just NJP, the best way to whiff punish any f3 string.
There you go then so why were you acting all trolly / devils advocatey earlier!? lol

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
f3rc d4, oh shit nice whiff punish dawg.
That is called a bad whiff punish attempt. If the Cage player has had the frames to cancel and low profile with a d4 then, you were in no position to whiff punish in the first place.

Whiff punishing F3 usually won't happen on reaction, it needs to be preempted.

And f34 in A-list is -12 its not a good string.

ando1184

Noob
@OP can you make a vid demonstrating this while also dealing with Johnny doing d4's? It's the combination of the two that I think people are having a harder time dealing with. I just haven't seen any Johnny players walking around and just f3'n by itself. Plus they fish with the d4 to set up the f3.

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
Yeah ex nutpunch is also "-12"
If you can't punish ex nut punch after the the patch then that's just sad.

Also -12 in this game unless the cages uses armor is going to be a overhead or low guaranteed from his opponent. 50/50s are preetttyyy good.

so punish or no punish the cage player is at disadvantage.

This is a whiff punish on read.

The main thing that's missing here is that in reality, you lose frames reacting to the fact he whiffed.

Add 15 frames from the point where it's clear f3 will not make contact with you, THEN take into account the speed of the punishing move. In this case, you know he's going to whiff so you are those reaction frames in your example.

Nothing in this game is really "plus on whiff". Just a phrase for moves like this and Takeda's tornado kick: it's certainly negative on whiff, but less negative than the frames you need to actually react to the fact it was whiffed so you can let go of block and press a button.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
You do need to ore
hahaha whiff punishing in this game with whacky hitboxes and whacky hurtboxes haahhahahaah
oys definitely possible

Just not easy

It's all about using hitbox over hurt box