What's new

Question - Scorpion Which Scorpion Variation seems like the best?

The one variation to rule them all?

• Total voters

Bar_Bar13

Friendly Neighborhood Spectre
Now that we've seen some high level footage of all variations (With Hellfire not getting much love lol) Which one seems like the best? I think it has to be inferno, the way MIT used the demons was really good, and it had some really damaging combos too.

@MITDJT @Slips

Montanx

Thats why they call this thing bloodsport, kid.
Ninj and inferno both fill different roles and play styles. The demon is basically another spear, in that it just allows combo continuation. The drop down demon seems cool but I didn't see too much of it nor the behind one. I can't judge hellfire yet, will need to see it, play it or hear about it. He's awesome all around tho.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Inferno looks terrifying. He's already frightening enough with his vortex, and it looks like his Inferno may give him decent zoning and hella damage. Not to mention whatever blockstring pressure people will dream up.

Ninj and inferno both fill different roles and play styles. The demon is basically another spear, in that it just allows combo continuation. The drop down demon seems cool but I didn't see too much of it nor the behind one. I can't judge hellfire yet, will need to see it, play it or hear about it. He's awesome all around tho.
the minions from the ground is a low hit with very slow start up and is -26 on block....the sky minions is overhead also -26....and the minions behind the opponent is a mid hit that is only -6, also very plus on hit and you can use it as an ender (like the teleport) in your combo to create the vortex....

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
the minions from the ground is a low hit with very slow start up and is -26 on block....the sky minions is overhead also -26....and the minions behind the opponent is a mid hit that is only -6, also very plus on hit and you can use it as an ender (like the teleport) in your combo to create the vortex....
frankie monster. what bullshit have you found

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
From what I know the best variation will be between Hellfire and Inferno. I'll grade the variations, but obviously I'm gonna put a disclaimer that it's very early and things could change.

Ninjitsu:
Footsies - A
Mixups - C
Zoning - N/A
Damage - C

Hellfire:
Footsies - B
Mixups - A-
Zoning - B
Damage - A

Inferno:
Footsies - B
Mixups - B
Zoning - A
Damage - A

Again, this is just bullshit speculation. Time will tell if this holds up.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Each has its own roles, hellfire is the most complex to use, i Feel more comfort using Inferno now.

Scorpion can throw 3 spears in the same combo in this game.

Bar_Bar13

From what I know the best variation will be between Hellfire and Inferno. I'll grade the variations, but obviously I'm gonna put a disclaimer that it's very early and things could change.

Ninjitsu:
Footsies - A
Mixups - C
Zoning - N/A
Damage - C

Hellfire:
Footsies - B
Mixups - A-
Zoning - B
Damage - A

Inferno:
Footsies - B
Mixups - B
Zoning - A
Damage - A

Again, this is just bullshit speculation. Time will tell if this holds up.
How is Ninjutsu a C on Mixups lol?

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
How is Ninjutsu a C on Mixups lol?
His only overhead is his f4 in that variation. It's pretty slow, obscurly unsafe and requires meter if you want damage off it. Inferno it's just as risky but without the need of meter. And Hellfire he can make it safe for good damage with no meter. Same with his low in b3. Ninjitsu his b3 is high risk/moderate reward, Inferno it's high risk/high reward, and Hellfire low risk/high reward.

Plus the fact he has f2 in his other variations as a quick/safe overhead that knockdown with damage that will add up if people refuse to acknowledge it, and then b3 comes in.

Ninjitsu he can mix up throw with f2 pretty well, which is what MIT was doing in the ESL tourney. Not bad, but he's forced to guess right more often offensively in that variation.

Bar_Bar13

His only overhead is his f4 in that variation. It's pretty slow, obscurly unsafe and requires meter if you want damage off it. Inferno it's just as risky but without the need of meter. And Hellfire he can make it safe for good damage with no meter. Same with his low in b3. Ninjitsu his b3 is high risk/moderate reward, Inferno it's high risk/high reward, and Hellfire low risk/high reward.

Plus the fact he has f2 in his other variations as a quick/safe overhead that knockdown with damage that will add up if people refuse to acknowledge it, and then b3 comes in.

Ninjitsu he can mix up throw with f2 pretty well, which is what MIT was doing in the ESL tourney. Not bad, but he's forced to guess right more often offensively in that variation.
Holy shit, I questioned Slips on Scorpion. Didn't realize it was you sir :eek::eek:. And yeah that sounds logical. Would you happen to have a PSN account? I'm a scrub but wanna get better at Scorp lol.

lm Tweakk

#BuffAntiAirs
It does give him a 50/50 on every block string then , assuming they aren't too slow on startup.

I've tried them this afternoon: Inferno looks really great and easier to use compared to the other two (at least in my opinion), Ninjustsu might have potential but I honestly haven't made up my mind about it, I don't like Hellfire (hellfire is way too slow btw).

It does give him a 50/50 on every block string then , assuming they aren't too slow on startup.
hell slow....all of them (dont have the numbers of frames now)...can interupted if you use them when you pressure on block...and minus 26 on block....but u can set far knockdowns and check your opponent with these....zoning tools...

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
hell slow....all of them (dont have the numbers of frames now)...can interupted if you use them when you pressure on block...and minus 26 on block....but u can set far knockdowns and check your opponent with these....zoning tools...
Full screen and still can get forced to block projectiles. An angolan player who is maining Kitana, manages to sneak a fan everytime he blocks a minion, and i'm forced to block that too.

lm Tweakk

#BuffAntiAirs
Safe at a distance , could be a good idea to throw one out if they're grounded out of punish distance , maybe not a 50/50 off of a blocks ring but definitely a good tool.

FOXSOLID

Noob
Haven't you played mkx yet?
No I haven't and that's irrelevant dude, when people keep shouting the word NERF for every little thing, it's gonna create a fucking shitty mob mentality that is not justified at all. How about this....instead of looking at the move by itself....look at it like it may be needed against the myriad of potentially fucked up shit that rest of the roster may have. Nobody knows shit about this game, yet they're already trying to ruin it.

No I haven't and that's irrelevant dude, when people keep shouting the word NERF for every little thing, it's gonna create a fucking shitty mob mentality that is not justified at all. How about this....instead of looking at the move by itself....look at it like it may be needed against the myriad of potentially fucked up shit that rest of the roster may have. Nobody knows shit about this game, yet they're already trying to ruin it.
Chill. I'm not of the ones who want nerfs. It is relevant though. When you get the game and after you get familiar with its basics, try inferno scorpion, and then you'll see why there's gonna be a massive noob cry out. I love him so far and is my main, but everybody i play with already cries about the low demon and its properties.

FOXSOLID

Noob
Chill. I'm not of the ones who want nerfs. It is relevant though. When you get the game and after you get familiar with its basics, try inferno scorpion, and then you'll see why there's gonna be a massive noob cry out. I love him so far and is my main, but everybody i play with already cries about the low demon and its properties.
Fuck those pussies dude, if NRS ners Scorpion for no good reason, I'm officially done with their games. I know that doesn't mean much, it's just where I stand.

The subzero forum has a discussion thread for each variation; as a scorp mainer, I'm kinda jealous because this noob (me) would like to hear/read your thoughts on how to actually pressure/poke/open up opponents using each variant; the (rather numerous) combo threads are helpful no doubt about that so kudos to that. But a lil love on his notable normals/strings pls! :)

Montanx

Thats why they call this thing bloodsport, kid.
I was all about ninjitsu but now I'm team inferno. The zoning demons are helpful alternatives to yolo spears for noobs like me. Arise is just extra full combo set ups for juicy Dmg or 21 tele vortex setup.