What's new

Which factor will influence who you decide to main in MKX?

Who will you main?

• Total voters

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
I will main whatever male character I am most attracted to. If there isn't one I'll main which ever female character has the best outfit.

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
I don't "main" anyone. I choose the best zoner, best counter zoner, and best rush down character equally. From that point I learn the best of the three and learn counter picks for his bad MUs.... Sorry folks but I'm in it to win it for MK10.... I wasn't able to make it out to shit for MK9 because of the police academy but MK10 here I come

With that being said.... Shinnok ftw

AZ MotherBrain

If you believe enough, -7 could be +7
Mileena and i are life long partners, just don't tell her that Sonya and I had a "thing" for a bit.

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
I admire your character loyalty and also your willingness to branch out to other characters instead of confining yourself to said character(s) you hold close to your heart. I know for a fact I'll be using Noob, but I also plan to give every character a fair chance instead of automatically writing them off. Who knows, I might find a character I enjoy playing more than Noob... and that's ok.
I admire yours as well. All the time we played MK9 I don't think there was a time you picked any other character. I only played a few characters for injustice. My heart wasn't in it like MK so I just played for fun mostly. I'm competitive and don't like to lose, but I didn't care much for other characters aside from Aquaman and Batgirl. Some scoro, cyborg and doomsday for fun but that was it. Let's get some matches in soon (MK9) and definitely for MKX!

Kitana Prime

Top-tier at everything but the characters I choose
Kitana has ruined me. I NEED her in MK.

btw, I need air projectile + high meterless damage again for MKX

kthxbai Boon!

AkTiVe

o.o
Who ever is hard to use.
I like using less used characters used because less people know
the MU and It's swag. But I decided my main for MK 10 already. Reiko

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Dont care. They'll find a way. She switched to help Earthrealm. She's a hero, she'll be ressurected/revived/whatever!

or DLC. :DOGE

Which I'll take.
But she got Quanified and fought the big man himself Raiden, if she came back she'd probably attack him again and get thunderised bruh

GET THUNDERISED MU'FU'

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
i main low tier characters but not because they are low tier they just happen to be characters i like to play (sheeva, stryker, shazam, lex)

mVp_Ryon

Who's coming to Ghana?
1. good pressure strings
2. ability to cancel special moves
3. average damaging
4. has vortex
but Fujin all the way if he makes it.

WynterEnd

Your sacrifice honors me!
I will main my favorite NEW character. Definitely interested in playing as someone completely new to the MK universe

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Whoever I enjoy playing the most. I mean in Injustice I was most hype for Green Arrow as a character...played the game for a few months and found I loved the rhythm of Bane Venom footsies and the feel of Hawkgirl's rushdown. Ended up playing those two most of the game. Tacked on a Shazam later once he got the elbow opener because I love doing his grabbity combos.

I keep thinking one day I'll turn into a Noob or Ermac guy due to this.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I will go by favorite character AND by mid and lower tier, obscure character like I did in MK 9. To me a truly skilled player is versatile and can win with a middle or lower tier, not just the top guy.

Online as with most games aren't perfect and sometimes laggy, but I'm sure will be better then MK 9 I trust.

That being said:

Ermac

Fujin

Sektor

Scorpion

Raiden

Everyone else after.

The first two are a lock for me.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
Nightwolf,Shang and raiden are obvious first choices for me but tbh i like to fuck about with the whole cast to gain a truly enjoyable feel for a game.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
What determines it for me?
Armor. Natural Goro Double-punch Armor.
After that? Unblockable unbreakable resets.

This is how i do in MK9 and i probably will in MKX:
First choose characters that i enjoy to play but also like them as character (Shang Tsung, Jax, Cage, Smoke - MK9)
But if mine opponents doing fatality all the time and trolling then i go to mine best (Reptile - MK9)
and fuck them up with annoying dash, force balls, slide, D4 and then they quit.

Ray'sGoodLiquor

I don't care I'm not a competitive player anymore
The first character I pick up is based on my love for the story and the characters. Usually that means I'm picking up Quan Chi. I'm not the best player on the planet, so some characters move sets and inputs will never feel fluid to me, which leads me to change mains until I find something that clicks. I think I went through playing 4 or 5 characters pretty seriously in MK9 before I found Ermac.

BlackViper415

TYM's Head Herpetologist
I just pick my favorite characters on Day 1 and stick with them no matter what. Although somehow I've been cursed with liking characters who are either severely annoying or low tier. For example:

Super Smash Bros Brawl: Meta Knight and Ganondorf were my mains.
MK9: Reptile, Kitana, Sonya
UMVC3: Wesker, Dormammu, and Vergil was my main team.
Injustice: Doomsday and Ares.