What's new

Which characters will they NOT touch in the next patch?

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
A few thoughts on expectations for which characters will neither be buffed nor nerfed in next week's pending shake up:

(1) Kitana: this gorgeous Edenian frankly seems to be in a good place at the moment, I don't see NRS tweaking anything.

(2) Tanya: another gorgeous Edenian who is also in a good place. No nerfs. No buffs.

I would add Kung Jin to the above list, but I could see ancestral getting help.

Which characters do you think will get through the next patch unchanged?

Kung Lao and Jin ._.

EDIT: I believe everyone will be adjusted somehow, but these two will go untouched or a buffed hat trick

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
There's only one proven answer to this question: Sub-Zero, in any way shape or form. Character breaking bugs? Woah woah woah slow down guys we need to buff Kung Lao a few more times first

Source: ex-SZ player who swapped to Kung Lao after his third round of buffs

Titans1373

Pew pew pew quitality
Jason and Goro.
That way any time anyone says this game is pay to win, the devs can point to those two and say "hey 2 of the 5 aren't p2w".

I feel bad for the next dlc character because they have to even it out. But the second one is gonna be op as hell.

Last edited:

Iustinus

Deus Fulminatus
I think they'll leave a lot of variations alone for characters who already have one solid variations...thus I'm not expecting any raiden buffs for his other variations and the same can be said for the rest of the other upper tier characters in my opinion.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
A few thoughts on expectations for which characters will neither be buffed nor nerfed in next week's pending shake up:

(1) Kitana: this gorgeous Edenian frankly seems to be in a good place at the moment, I don't see NRS tweaking anything.

(2) Tanya: another gorgeous Edenian who is also in a good place. No nerfs. No buffs.

I would add Kung Jin to the above list, but I could see ancestral getting help.

Which characters do you think will get through the next patch unchanged?
If they don't touch kobu jitsu Tanya that's an issue

Renzokuken

Gay Hawkeye
Kung Jin. ATM, he's a very solid character who can obviously compete. The most I can see them do is tweak his Ancestral variation a little bit, but he doesn't need a second nerf.

HanSolo

Noob
It really just depends how big of a patch its going to be. They could tweak every character in the cast or they might just nerf a couple and buff a couple.

I'd say Jax, Liu Kang, Sonya, Mileena, Dvorah, and Raiden will all go untouched.

It really just depends how big of a patch its going to be. They could tweak every character in the cast or they might just nerf a couple and buff a couple.

I'd say Jax, Liu Kang, Sonya, Mileena, Dvorah, and Raiden will all go untouched.
Liu has a block infinite vs some of the cast. As a Liu main i'd be pissed if they didn't take it out so that people who don't know what they are talking about can finally shut their mouths.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
They aren't going to touch Cassie, Kitana, Jax, Erron and Sonya I guess. I firmly believe Cassie is the best candidate to become the best after the next patch, she will for sure if they don't touch her.

gam224

The world's least hype player
Liu has a block infinite vs some of the cast. As a Liu main i'd be pissed if they didn't take it out so that people who don't know what they are talking about can finally shut their mouths.
what is it and how do you escape it?